Handling of /var/adm/update-messages

Olaf Hering-2
According to the documentation all messages should be _packaged_ as
/var/adm/update-messages/name-version-release-anything:
https://old-en.opensuse.org/Software_management/Code11/Scripts_and_Messages

However, none of the packages in Factory implements that. Some create
them on the fly, some package them as %ghost.

Are the packages wrong, or is the documentation outdated?

Olaf

Re: Handling of /var/adm/update-messages

Marcus Meissner
On Sat, Aug 12, 2017 at 08:30:50AM +0200, Olaf Hering wrote:
> According to the documentation all messages should be _packaged_ as
> /var/adm/update-messages/name-version-release-anything:
> https://old-en.opensuse.org/Software_management/Code11/Scripts_and_Messages
>
> However, none of the packages in Factory implements that. Some create
> them on the fly, some package them as %ghost.
>
> Are the packages wrong, or is the documentation outdated?

If this file is present, it will be printed out.

I do not see why it should not be packaged.

Ciao, Marcus