Gnome 2.16 packages on 10.1 / No fonts on Desktop

Gnome 2.16 packages on 10.1 / No fonts on Desktop

Dominique Leuenberger-2
Hi,

Maybe someone can confirm, then I would open it as a bug report in
Bugzilla.

- I have a SuSE Linux 10.1 installed, completely up-to-date
- XGL is the selected X-Server / compiz the window manager
- When installing Gnome 2.16 from the maintained packages (jarpack),
the Desktop reloads fine, but there are absolutely no fonts visible:
Icons appear without text, the menubar is without text and so on...

Starting FireFox for example and then working inside is possible.

Anyone tried it already?

After reverting back to Gnome from SuSE 10.1, the desktop reappeared
perfectly.

Regards,
Dominique

Re: Gnome 2.16 packages on 10.1 / No fonts on Desktop

James Ogley
> Maybe someone can confirm, then I would open it as a bug report in
> Bugzilla.
> - When installing Gnome 2.16 from the maintained packages (jarpack),

Don't open this in bugzilla - jarpack are not official [open]SUSE
packages, they are provided by a third party who happens to use the
Build Service.  You need to contact him.  Consult his website:
http://jarpack.net/
--
James Ogley
[hidden email] http://usr-local-bin.org

Re: Gnome 2.16 packages on 10.1 / No fonts on Desktop

Dominique Leuenberger-2
Thanks for the information... I'll do so