GNOME Shell instabilities... because of Geary?

GNOME Shell instabilities... because of Geary?

Stefan Knorr
Hi all,

On my system, something occasionally makes GNOME Shell write out long
sermons in the .xsession-errors file. And I only notice that because
this behavior goes on until my /home partition is full, at which point
the
computer becomes hard to use.
Esentially, that behavior gives me multi-gigabyte ~/.xsession-error-0
files containing over and over the following line:

 > ** (gnome-shell:29369): CRITICAL **:
gtk_action_observer_action_removed: assertion 'GTK_IS_ACTION_OBSERVER
(observer)' failed

I suspect that this is related to my usage of Geary because that
is in general the least stable app on my system, but I don't
really know. (Geary 0.12.0, from OBS's GNOME:Apps -- and I am on
Leap 42.2, not on Tw)

Any pointers on how to best pinpoint this issue?

Ideally, I'd like to find out why this happens while it happens --
Currently, I don't even know where to report this - is this a GNOME
Shell issue? a Geary issue? maybe something else entirely, like a
Shell extension?
(I'd also love to keep using Geary because despite what it might be
doing to my system it's teh awesome.)

Stefan.

SUSE Linux GmbH. Geschäftsführer: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard,
Graham Norton. HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg).