Fwd: package is built from outdated sources

Fwd: package is built from outdated sources

Rüdiger Meier
Hi,

my packages home:rudi_m/dateutils  and utilities/dateutils
are currently identical.

But in utilities/ it is somewhow build from other sources, see the logs.
For example it does not apply the patch
0001-fix-when-printing-zones-transitioning-at-INT_MAX-in-.patch

So because of build failure the Factory factory-repo-checker does not
accept my package, although it's fine:

What's going on here? IMO it's a critical issue that we don't build the
latest sources as they are committed.

cu,
Rudi

Re: Fwd: package is built from outdated sources

Marcus Meissner
On Wed, Apr 12, 2017 at 11:17:32AM +0200, Ruediger Meier wrote:

> Hi,
>
> my packages home:rudi_m/dateutils  and utilities/dateutils
> are currently identical.
>
> But in utilities/ it is somewhow build from other sources, see the logs.
> For example it does not apply the patch
> 0001-fix-when-printing-zones-transitioning-at-INT_MAX-in-.patch
>
> So because of build failure the Factory factory-repo-checker does not
> accept my package, although it's fine:
> https://build.opensuse.org/request/show/484859
>
> What's going on here? IMO it's a critical issue that we don't build the
> latest sources as they are committed.

Some of us looked at it, and there seems to be database inconistency.

Ciao, Marcus

Re: Fwd: package is built from outdated sources

Adrian Schröter
On Mittwoch, 12. April 2017, 11:33:23 CEST wrote Marcus Meissner:

> On Wed, Apr 12, 2017 at 11:17:32AM +0200, Ruediger Meier wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > my packages home:rudi_m/dateutils  and utilities/dateutils
> > are currently identical.
> >
> > But in utilities/ it is somewhow build from other sources, see the logs.
> > For example it does not apply the patch
> > 0001-fix-when-printing-zones-transitioning-at-INT_MAX-in-.patch
> >
> > So because of build failure the Factory factory-repo-checker does not
> > accept my package, although it's fine:
> > https://build.opensuse.org/request/show/484859
> >
> > What's going on here? IMO it's a critical issue that we don't build the
> > latest sources as they are committed.
>
> Some of us looked at it, and there seems to be database inconistency.

database in your check tool?

Or something in OBS?

--

Adrian Schroeter
email: [hidden email]

Maxfeldstraße 5
90409 Nürnberg
Germany

On Mittwoch, 12. April 2017, 11:17:32 CEST wrote Ruediger Meier:

> Hi,
>
> my packages home:rudi_m/dateutils  and utilities/dateutils
> are currently identical.
>
> But in utilities/ it is somewhow build from other sources, see the logs.
> For example it does not apply the patch
> 0001-fix-when-printing-zones-transitioning-at-INT_MAX-in-.patch
>
> So because of build failure the Factory factory-repo-checker does not
> accept my package, although it's fine:
> https://build.opensuse.org/request/show/484859
>
> What's going on here? IMO it's a critical issue that we don't build the
> latest sources as they are committed.

hm, it is an older build, scheduler rescheduled the jobs when looking at it.
Seems we lost an event here ...
(The backend crashed some days ago due to a virtualization problem)

--

Adrian Schroeter
email: [hidden email]

Maxfeldstraße 5