Fwd: [opensuse-go] building go with go1.4 for openSUSE instead of gcc-go

Fwd: [opensuse-go] building go with go1.4 for openSUSE instead of gcc-go

Thomas Boerger
Just forwarded this message because it should match also for this mailing list.

Anfang der weitergeleiteten Nachricht:

Von: Jordi Massaguer Pla <[hidden email]>
Betreff: [opensuse-go] building go with go1.4 for openSUSE instead of gcc-go
Datum: 30. August 2016 17:52:03 MESZ

Hi,

I noticed that we are building go with gcc-go for openSUSE Leap and Factory

See the spec file [1]:

%if 0%{?suse_version} > 1320
# openSUSE Factory
%define with_gccgo 1
%else
%if 0%{?suse_version} == 1315 && 0%{?is_opensuse}
# openSUSE Leap
%define with_gccgo 1

According to the go documentation [2], we should use go1.4, except for archs where go1.4 is not available, like ppc64le.

So I think we should switch to using go1.4, shouldn't we? Or is there anything that I may be missing?

If we do that, we will have to submit go1.4 to Leap and Factory.

So, should I create a submit request that makes go build with go1.4?

regards

jordi

[1] https://build.opensuse.org/package/view_file/devel:languages:go/go/go.spec?expand=1
[2] https://golang.org/doc/install/source#go14

Re: Fwd: [opensuse-go] building go with go1.4 for openSUSE instead of gcc-go

Jordi Massaguer Pla-2

So I think we should switch to using go1.4, shouldn't we? Or is there anything that I may be missing?

If we do that, we will have to submit go1.4 to Leap and Factory.

I did that and for Factory the build fails :(

Seems it is a somehow "known" bug with binutils 2.27

https://github.com/golang/go/issues/16906

The error is

    cannot load DWARF output from $WORK/os/user/_obj//_cgo_.o: decoding dwarf section info at offset 0x4:    unsupported version 0

I am considering if we should get back to build go with gcc-go or try to fix binutils (or open a bugzilla entry)

Any thoughts?