Fwd: [opensuse-factory] About ext3 as default and periodic fs checks

Fwd: [opensuse-factory] About ext3 as default and periodic fs checks

Bugzilla from galicia360@gmail.com
I'm glad to see Michael James think the same way as me. About two days ago I've migrated from Suse 10.1 to Windows because Suse 10.1 takes to boot 4 minutes (not joking!) and Windows Xp about 1 minut (not joking!).

I think one of the worst things about Suse is the TIME!

The same happens when you run YAST. It is too slow.

It is improductive. I hoppe next releases have "boot express".

I tried to put it in a wish list but I couldn't; I don't understand how to send it to a wish list. Sorry about it.

         Hernan Lorenzo F.

Re: Fwd: [opensuse-factory] About ext3 as default and periodic fs checks

ed-49
I have noticed an increase boot time on migration to suse 10.1 from suse
10. But since this only occurred after the recent big 'remastering'. So
i'm not sure it can be put down to the file system..... thoughts?