Fwd: openSUSE page Firefox has been changed by Guoyunhebrave

Fwd: openSUSE page Firefox has been changed by Guoyunhebrave

PatrickD Garvey
I don't understand why the 'Difference between revisions of "Firefox"
' title needs so much vertical space. It seems to take up about 20% of
my browser's vertical display. That use of vertical space doesn't
contribute to the process of reviewing the differences.

Likewise the macro expansion uses horizontal lines surrounded by a lot
of empty white vertical space that doesn't add to the review process.
Just removing the lines would mean one could use half the vertical
space to separate the text. Instead of two vertical spaces, one above
the line and one below, one could use one vertical space between each
line of text.

The more vertical white space the style sheet dictates, the less I can
read in one glance.

Re: Fwd: openSUSE page Firefox has been changed by Guoyunhebrave

Yunhe Guo
Hi PatrickD,

This isn't the final design. We are working on some improvements. In
next version, the page title, will be smaller, though still big enough
as 56px. Other things in the header will also be slightly smaller.

--
郭云鹤/Guo Yunhe

On Sun, Aug 13, 2017 at 2:54 PM, Yunhe Guo <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi PatrickD,
>
> This isn't the final design. We are working on some improvements. In
> next version, the page title, will be smaller, though still big enough
> as 56px. Other things in the header will also be slightly smaller.

>> Hi PatrickD,
>>
>> This isn't the final design. We are working on some improvements. In next
>> version, the page title, will be smaller, though still big enough as 56px.
>> Other things in the header will also be slightly smaller.

>>> I don't understand why the 'Difference between revisions of "Firefox"
>>> ' title needs so much vertical space. It seems to take up about 20% of
>>> my browser's vertical display. That use of vertical space doesn't
>>> contribute to the process of reviewing the differences.
>>>
>>> Likewise the macro expansion uses horizontal lines surrounded by a lot
>>> of empty white vertical space that doesn't add to the review process.
>>> Just removing the lines would mean one could use half the vertical
>>> space to separate the text. Instead of two vertical spaces, one above
>>> the line and one below, one could use one vertical space between each
>>> line of text.
>>>
>>> The more vertical white space the style sheet dictates, the less I can
>>> read in one glance.

OK, then let me note also that the App infobox overlaps horizontally
with the opening, introductory paragraph, but not with the Table of
Contents, which leaves an enormous vertical gap between the opening
paragraph and the top of the table of contents. Vertical space is an
enormous time consumer if one must scroll down a full page to reach
the first significant word of the article.

Re: Fwd: openSUSE page Firefox has been changed by Guoyunhebrave

jcsl
El lunes, 14 de agosto de 2017 0:42:28 (CEST) PatrickD Garvey escribió:

> OK, then let me note also that the App infobox overlaps horizontally
> with the opening, introductory paragraph, but not with the Table of
> Contents, which leaves an enormous vertical gap between the opening
> paragraph and the top of the table of contents. Vertical space is an
> enormous time consumer if one must scroll down a full page to reach
> the first significant word of the article.

Hi.

I think the same. If the TOC is using the 100% of the width, then it can leave
a big empty hole the height of the info box. I made a small edit the the page
to show how I'd like it to be. The info box should leave a small padding to
the left too. I don't know CSS so the example edit may be wrong.

        https://en-test.opensuse.org/Firefox

I also think that the login an search controls should be put in the green
upper band, and the View, Edit and History buttons in the place the login and
search controls are now. That saves a little more vertical space.

Greetings.

Re: Fwd: openSUSE page Firefox has been changed by Guoyunhebrave

Christian Boltz-5
Hello,

FYI: I just deployed the latest version of the new theme (which fixes
some of the issues discussed here) on en-test.opensuse.org

Regards,

Christian Boltz
--
Wer jemanden kennt, der beweisen kann, das alles auf
dieser Welt perfekt ist, der werfe den ersten PC.

Re: Fwd: openSUSE page Firefox has been changed by Guoyunhebrave

Yunhe Guo
Thanks!