Fwd: [openSUSE Weblate] Merge failed in landing-page/master

Fwd: [openSUSE Weblate] Merge failed in landing-page/master

Luiz Fernando Ranghetti-2
Hi,

How can I know what is the conflict and how to correct it?

Regards,

Luiz

Re: Fwd: [openSUSE Weblate] Merge failed in landing-page/master

Stefan Knorr
Hi Luiz,

Do you have admin access to the landing-page Weblate repo and also
commit access to the landing-page Git repo?
Because otherwise, you can't do much there [afaik] and must wait for the
Git/Weblate admins to conspire to fix things for you.

If you do have Git access, read on:
1. Using the RSS feed on Weblate, you should be able to find the
   latest changes. You can also export PO files from Weblate and
   compare them to the current pushed state in Git.
2. Apply the changes to the PO file directly in Git, then push.
3. In the Weblate admin interface, go to the Repository tools and use
   the "Reset" option.

That should be it. Unfortunately, sometimes, it is harder than it should
be to compare PO files from Weblate and in the Git repo because there
are wildly different line breaking algorithms.

Stefan.

---                                                                    .
SUSE Linux GmbH. Geschäftsführer: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard,
Graham Norton. HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg).

Re: Fwd: [openSUSE Weblate] Merge failed in landing-page/master

Ludwig Nussel
Stefan Knorr wrote:
> Do you have admin access to the landing-page Weblate repo and also
> commit access to the landing-page Git repo?
> Because otherwise, you can't do much there [afaik] and must wait for the
> Git/Weblate admins to conspire to fix things for you.

I guess it was me updating the pot file while people were translating.
Fixed now. Sorry for the inconvenience!

cu
Ludwig

--
  (o_   Ludwig Nussel
  //\

On 2017-03-13 16:47, Stefan Knorr wrote:

> That should be it. Unfortunately, sometimes, it is harder than it should
> be to compare PO files from Weblate and in the Git repo because there
> are wildly different line breaking algorithms.

There is some gettext tool to convert to a uniform standard length. I
don't remember offhand which one it is.