FlashPlayer9

Doug McGarrett
I've been reading that Flash Player 9 was now released.  I Googled
it and found a site that said it would download it.  When I tried to
do that, in a fraction of a second came up a gray screen with some
stuff like would perhaps be appropriate to actually _run_ the Flash
Player, but I don't expect that it really downloaded the .rpm file, and
if it did, I don't know where to find it, and neither does Yast.  Help!

Re: FlashPlayer9

smil3y
On Thursday 18 January 2007 20:54, Doug McGarrett wrote:
> I've been reading that Flash Player 9 was now released.  I Googled
> it and found a site that said it would download it.  When I tried to
> do that, in a fraction of a second came up a gray screen with some
> stuff like would perhaps be appropriate to actually _run_ the Flash
> Player, but I don't expect that it really downloaded the .rpm file, and
> if it did, I don't know where to find it, and neither does Yast.  Help!

try here.

http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash&P2_Platform=Linux&P3_Browser_Version=Netscape4

you have to right click and choose "save link as"

choose where you want to save it.

then double click and install it.

Re: FlashPlayer9

Scott Jones-6
On Thursday 18 January 2007 20:06, steve reilly wrote:

> On Thursday 18 January 2007 20:54, Doug McGarrett wrote:
> > I've been reading that Flash Player 9 was now released.  I Googled
> > it and found a site that said it would download it.  When I tried to
> > do that, in a fraction of a second came up a gray screen with some
> > stuff like would perhaps be appropriate to actually _run_ the Flash
> > Player, but I don't expect that it really downloaded the .rpm file, and
> > if it did, I don't know where to find it, and neither does Yast.  Help!
>
> try here.

Or here: http://software.opensuse.org/download/mozilla/

RPMs available for 9.3, 10.x and Factory.

Re: FlashPlayer9

PerfectReign
On Thursday 18 January 2007 18:06, steve reilly wrote:

> On Thursday 18 January 2007 20:54, Doug McGarrett wrote:
> > I've been reading that Flash Player 9 was now released.  I Googled
> > it and found a site that said it would download it.  When I tried to
> > do that, in a fraction of a second came up a gray screen with some
> > stuff like would perhaps be appropriate to actually _run_ the Flash
> > Player, but I don't expect that it really downloaded the .rpm file, and
> > if it did, I don't know where to find it, and neither does Yast.  Help!
>
> try here.
>
> http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=Shockwave
>Flash&P2_Platform=Linux&P3_Browser_Version=Netscape4
>

> you have to right click and choose "save link as"
>
> choose where you want to save it.
>
> then double click and install it.

Hijacking this thread, I noticed I might have an issue.

I installed it using the rpm file.

 According to about:plugins, I now have three versions of flash player loaded.
What should I do?

--
kai - [hidden email]

wo ist der ort für den ehrlichsten kuss
ich weiss, dass ich ihn für uns finden muss...

Re: FlashPlayer9

Darryl Gregorash
On 2007-01-18 21:46, Kai Ponte wrote:

>  According to about:plugins, I now have three versions of flash player loaded.
> What should I do?

Un-install the lot of them, and install the version on the opensuse
repository, http://software.opensuse.org/download/mozilla/. If you
already installed that one, un-install everything except
flash-player-9.0.31.0-2.1.i586.rpm

Ooohhh, just checked there, and Seamonkey 1.1 is there - yay! :-)
Doesn't say anything about more bugs fixed, though.

Re: FlashPlayer9

James Knott
Darryl Gregorash wrote:

> On 2007-01-18 21:46, Kai Ponte wrote:
>

>>  According to about:plugins, I now have three versions of flash player loaded.
>> What should I do?
>>

> Un-install the lot of them, and install the version on the opensuse
> repository, http://software.opensuse.org/download/mozilla/. If you
> already installed that one, un-install everything except
> flash-player-9.0.31.0-2.1.i586.rpm
>
> Ooohhh, just checked there, and Seamonkey 1.1 is there - yay! :-)
> Doesn't say anything about more bugs fixed, though.

I have noticed that, like most plugins, it's only available in 32 bits.
Because of that, I have 32 bit Firefox installed, along with 64 bit
Seamonkey.

Re: FlashPlayer9

John Meyer-4
Had to do that myself.  Basically, went to su, and issued this command
find / -name libflashplayer.so 2>/dev/null

Found the ones that looked like they were firefox's (for some reason,
opera worked), then reinstalled.  Worked like a charm.

On Thursday 18 January 2007 21:06, steve reilly wrote:

> On Thursday 18 January 2007 20:54, Doug McGarrett wrote:
> > I've been reading that Flash Player 9 was now released.  I Googled
> > it and found a site that said it would download it.
> try here.
>
> http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=Shockwave
>Flash&P2_Platform=Linux&P3_Browser_Version=Netscape4
>

> you have to right click and choose "save link as"
>
> choose where you want to save it.
>
> then double click and install it.

Neat-O.  Thanx, Steve.

--doug