Flash Player dropped from Tumbleweed and Leap 42.1

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
136 messages Options
1234567
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Flash Player dropped from Tumbleweed and Leap 42.1

Carlos E. R.-2
On 2015-10-27 16:43, Claudio Freire wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 27, 2015 at 11:40 AM, Mathias Homann


>> Adobe provides a yum repository, I'd assume that is the way to go for
>> updates now.
>> Haven't tested it on anything other than RHEV so far tho.
>
> I've been using adobe's yum repository for a while now.

Why YUM? There are rpms.
:-?

--
Cheers / Saludos,

                Carlos E. R.
                (from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)


signature.asc (205 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Flash Player dropped from Tumbleweed and Leap 42.1

Andrei Borzenkov


Отправлено с iPhone

> 28 окт. 2015 г., в 7:01, Carlos E. R. <[hidden email]> написал(а):
>
>> On 2015-10-27 16:43, Claudio Freire wrote:
>> On Tue, Oct 27, 2015 at 11:40 AM, Mathias Homann
>
>
>>> Adobe provides a yum repository, I'd assume that is the way to go for
>>> updates now.
>>> Haven't tested it on anything other than RHEV so far tho.
>>
>> I've been using adobe's yum repository for a while now.
>
> Why YUM? There are rpms.
> :-?
>

YUM is based on RPM. I won't be surprised if YaST supports them.--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Flash Player dropped from Tumbleweed and Leap 42.1

Claudio Freire
On Wed, Oct 28, 2015 at 2:24 AM, Andrei Borzenkov <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> 28 окт. 2015 г., в 7:01, Carlos E. R. <[hidden email]> написал(а):
>>
>>> On 2015-10-27 16:43, Claudio Freire wrote:
>>> On Tue, Oct 27, 2015 at 11:40 AM, Mathias Homann
>>
>>
>>>> Adobe provides a yum repository, I'd assume that is the way to go for
>>>> updates now.
>>>> Haven't tested it on anything other than RHEV so far tho.
>>>
>>> I've been using adobe's yum repository for a while now.
>>
>> Why YUM? There are rpms.
>> :-?
>>
>
> YUM is based on RPM. I won't be surprised if YaST supports them.--

It's just a repo format, and yes, zypper does support it.

As to why, well, a repo is far easier to deal with than a plain rpm.
For one, the repo gets you updates as soon as they come out. I think
apper even notifies you that you've got an update
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Flash Player dropped from Tumbleweed and Leap 42.1

Olaf Hering-2
In reply to this post by Marcus Meissner
On Mon, Oct 26, Marcus Meissner wrote:

> Adobe Flash Player has been dropped from both Leap 42.1 and Tumbleweed.

The pkg is now available from the packman "Extras" repository.

Olaf
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Finding out how to install Flash from Adobe [Was: Flash Player dropped from Tumbleweed and Leap 42.1]

Andreas Schwab-2
In reply to this post by Carlos E. R.-3
"Carlos E. R." <[hidden email]> writes:

> The correct solution should be to actually remove it from the
> repositories.

That will happen automatically when it is published the next time.

Andreas.

--
Andreas Schwab, SUSE Labs, [hidden email]
GPG Key fingerprint = 0196 BAD8 1CE9 1970 F4BE  1748 E4D4 88E3 0EEA B9D7
"And now for something completely different."
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Flash Player dropped from Tumbleweed and Leap 42.1

Carlos E. R.-3
In reply to this post by Claudio Freire
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

On 2015-10-28 07:02, Claudio Freire wrote:

> As to why, well, a repo is far easier to deal with than a plain rpm.
> For one, the repo gets you updates as soon as they come out. I think
> apper even notifies you that you've got an update

Ah, you mean a repo. Then you need to tell the URL that has to be added, and the procedure, then write it up in the wiki page as another procedure ;-)

I just tried YUM in the adobe page, and what is does is download an rpm from <http://linuxdownload.adobe.com/adobe-release/adobe-release-x86_64-1.0-1.noarch.rpm>, sized 4.2 KB, which would install:

- -rw-r--r--    1 root    root                     1726 Mar  8  2011 /etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-adobe-linux
- -rw-r--r--    1 root    root                      183 Apr  1  2011 /etc/yum.repos.d/adobe-linux-x86_64.repo

The second file contains:

[adobe-linux-x86_64]
name=Adobe Systems Incorporated
baseurl=http://linuxdownload.adobe.com/linux/x86_64/
enabled=1
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-adobe-linux

That link gives "forbidden". I don't know if it would work with zypper or not, I haven't checked that far.

- --
Cheers / Saludos,

                Carlos E. R.
                (from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v2.0.22 (GNU/Linux)

iEYEARECAAYFAlYwodQACgkQtTMYHG2NR9W1NwCfcI2vIidYFaS+YyJSstoOZfTw
hjIAniJkheYTDVD12o7XP3nlP51NnTGD
=X/eJ
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Flash Player dropped from Tumbleweed and Leap 42.1

Robert Munteanu
On Wed, Oct 28, 2015 at 12:22 PM, Carlos E. R. <[hidden email]> wrote:

> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> Hash: SHA1
> The second file contains:
>
> [adobe-linux-x86_64]
> name=Adobe Systems Incorporated
> baseurl=http://linuxdownload.adobe.com/linux/x86_64/
> enabled=1
> gpgcheck=1
> gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-adobe-linux

Based on that file:

robert@rombert:~> sudo zypper ar
http://linuxdownload.adobe.com/linux/x86_64/ adobe
Adding repository 'adobe'
.....................................................................................................[done]
Repository 'adobe' successfully added
Enabled     : Yes
Autorefresh : No
GPG Check   : Yes
URI         : http://linuxdownload.adobe.com/linux/x86_64/

robert@rombert:~> sudo zypper ref adobe
Retrieving repository 'adobe' metadata
........................................................................................[done]
Building repository 'adobe' cache
.............................................................................................[done]
Specified repositories have been refreshed.
robert@rombert:~> sudo zypper se -r adobe
Loading repository data...
Reading installed packages...

S | Name                 | Summary                                  | Type
--+----------------------+------------------------------------------+--------
  | adobe-release-x86_64 | linux.adobe.com Repository Configuration | package
  | flash-plugin         | Adobe Flash Player 11.2                  | package

So it should work.

Robert
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Flash Player dropped from Tumbleweed and Leap 42.1

Andreas Schwab-2
In reply to this post by Carlos E. R.-3
"Carlos E. R." <[hidden email]> writes:

> The second file contains:
>
> [adobe-linux-x86_64]
> name=Adobe Systems Incorporated
> baseurl=http://linuxdownload.adobe.com/linux/x86_64/
> enabled=1
> gpgcheck=1
> gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-adobe-linux
>
> That link gives "forbidden". I don't know if it would work with zypper or not, I haven't checked that far.

The server probably just doesn't allow directory listings.  The real
meta data is contained in
<http://linuxdownload.adobe.com/linux/x86_64/repodata/repomd.xml>.

Andreas.

--
Andreas Schwab, SUSE Labs, [hidden email]
GPG Key fingerprint = 0196 BAD8 1CE9 1970 F4BE  1748 E4D4 88E3 0EEA B9D7
"And now for something completely different."
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Flash Player dropped from Tumbleweed and Leap 42.1

Johannes Meixner
In reply to this post by Olaf Hering-2

Hello Olaf

On Oct 28 07:47 Olaf Hering wrote (excerpt):

> On Mon, Oct 26, Marcus Meissner wrote:
>
>> Adobe Flash Player has been dropped from both Leap 42.1 and Tumbleweed.
>
> The pkg is now available from the packman "Extras" repository.

Could you add this information to
https://en.opensuse.org/Adobe_Flash_Player
so that this information is available for all openSUSE users?


Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
--
SUSE LINUX GmbH - GF: Felix Imendoerffer, Jane Smithard,
Graham Norton - HRB 21284 (AG Nuernberg)

--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Flash Player dropped from Tumbleweed and Leap 42.1

Carlos E. R.-2
In reply to this post by Andreas Schwab-2
On 2015-10-28 11:32, Andreas Schwab wrote:
> "Carlos E. R." <> writes:

>> That link gives "forbidden". I don't know if it would work with zypper or not, I haven't checked that far.
>
> The server probably just doesn't allow directory listings.  

Yes, I thought so, but I did not check :-)

--
Cheers / Saludos,

                Carlos E. R.
                (from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)


signature.asc (205 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Flash Player dropped from Tumbleweed and Leap 42.1

Carlos E. R.-3
In reply to this post by Carlos E. R.-3
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

On 2015-10-28 04:54, Carlos E. R. wrote:
> On 2015-10-27 16:16, Johannes Meixner wrote:


> Done :-)
>
> Others more accustomed to writing wiki pages can now polish it.
> After all, English is not my first language ;-)

I see you have been working on it. I like very much your changes,
thanks :-)

Some one has to add a section for adding YUM repo, it seems very
promising, but I haven't tested it. Updates would happen automatically
with "zypper up".

- --
Cheers / Saludos,

                Carlos E. R.
                (from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v2.0.22 (GNU/Linux)

iEYEARECAAYFAlYwsUcACgkQtTMYHG2NR9XYSACgiZD5+9dhizTAblUpjfAE3Tpu
Mw8Amwa29ulqp03vueW6lT95wxspfMT5
=vfT4
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Flash Player dropped from Tumbleweed and Leap 42.1

Olaf Hering-2
In reply to this post by Johannes Meixner
Am 28.10.2015 um 12:06 schrieb Johannes Meixner:
> Could you add this information to
> https://en.opensuse.org/Adobe_Flash_Player
> so that this information is available for all openSUSE users?

No, because login fails.

Fehler: Umleitungsfehler
Die aufgerufene Website leitet die Anfrage so um, dass sie nie beendet
werden kann.

Olaf
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Flash Player dropped from Tumbleweed and Leap 42.1

Andrei Borzenkov
On Wed, Oct 28, 2015 at 2:54 PM, Olaf Hering <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Am 28.10.2015 um 12:06 schrieb Johannes Meixner:
>> Could you add this information to
>> https://en.opensuse.org/Adobe_Flash_Player
>> so that this information is available for all openSUSE users?
>
> No, because login fails.
>
> Fehler: Umleitungsfehler
> Die aufgerufene Website leitet die Anfrage so um, dass sie nie beendet
> werden kann.
>

Happens to me on regular basis. Removing cookies from novell, suse and
microfocus usually helps.
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Flash Player dropped from Tumbleweed and Leap 42.1

Christian Boltz-5
In reply to this post by Olaf Hering-2
Hello,

Am Mittwoch, 28. Oktober 2015 schrieb Olaf Hering:

> Am 28.10.2015 um 12:06 schrieb Johannes Meixner:
> > Could you add this information to
> > https://en.opensuse.org/Adobe_Flash_Player
> > so that this information is available for all openSUSE users?
>
> No, because login fails.
>
> Fehler: Umleitungsfehler
> Die aufgerufene Website leitet die Anfrage so um, dass sie nie beendet
> werden kann.

I've seen this more than once (mostly in bugzilla), and I have a *guess*
why it happens.

Usually I see this message when I'm logged in since several hours.

It seems there are different "opinions" about the login lifetime at
various places. The login check (when loading a wiki/bugzilla page)
thinks the login expired, so you get redirected to the login page -
which thinks you are still logged in and then forwards you to the page
you came from, which does the login check again and thinks your login
expired and therefore redirects you to the login page, ...

Germans, sing "Ein Loch ist im Eimer, Karl-Otto, Karl-Otto, ..." now!
For everybody who doesn't understand that: that's a funny song which is
basically the long version of "GOTO 1" ;-)

BTW: https://login.microfocus.com tells me the session is valid for 540
minutes = 9 hours.


Regards,

Christian Boltz
--
Please, if you use any of my code in your giant list of bad coding
practices, feel free to not attribute me. :) [Seth Arnold in apparmor]

--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: opensuse.org login expiration (was: Flash Player dropped from...)

Felix Miata-3
Christian Boltz composed on 2015-10-28 18:16 (UTC+0100):

>> No, because login fails.

>> Fehler: Umleitungsfehler
>> Die aufgerufene Website leitet die Anfrage so um, dass sie nie beendet
>> werden kann.

> I've seen this more than once (mostly in bugzilla), and I have a *guess*
> why it happens.

> Usually I see this message when I'm logged in since several hours.

> It seems there are different "opinions" about the login lifetime at
> various places. The login check (when loading a wiki/bugzilla page)
> thinks the login expired, so you get redirected to the login page -
> which thinks you are still logged in and then forwards you to the page
> you came from, which does the login check again and thinks your login
> expired and therefore redirects you to the login page, ...

> Germans, sing "Ein Loch ist im Eimer, Karl-Otto, Karl-Otto, ..." now!
> For everybody who doesn't understand that: that's a funny song which is
> basically the long version of "GOTO 1" ;-)

> BTW: https://login.microfocus.com tells me the session is valid for 540
> minutes = 9 hours.

I wish it would reset on each load of a new URL, instead of arbitrarily
asking to login yet again after that period expires and something in an open
page is clicked on. No other bugzilla bug tracker I've ever used timeouts
before the browser session expires, if that soon. Some don't expire unless
the browser version or IP changes since login. After all, it's not a
financial institution or home for proprietary information.
--
"The wise are known for their understanding, and pleasant
words are persuasive." Proverbs 16:21 (New Living Translation)

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409 ** a11y rocks!

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: opensuse.org login expiration

Carlos E. R.-2
On 2015-10-28 18:53, Felix Miata wrote:

> I wish it would reset on each load of a new URL, instead of arbitrarily
> asking to login yet again after that period expires and something in an open
> page is clicked on. No other bugzilla bug tracker I've ever used timeouts
> before the browser session expires, if that soon. Some don't expire unless
> the browser version or IP changes since login. After all, it's not a
> financial institution or home for proprietary information.

Can't be done.

openSUSE uses the same identification backend for all the users and
services, not just bugzilla. Bugzilla has to query this server for
validation of the user. Some of the services require little security,
but others do.

The advantage is that it is very difficult to crack. Some openSUSE sites
have been cracked, but the password/email data they got was faked, so no
damage to anybody.

Another advantage is that you login in one of the sites, and you are
automatically recognized in the rest.

Yes, it has imperfections.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

                Carlos E. R.
                (from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)


signature.asc (205 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Flash Player dropped from Tumbleweed and Leap 42.1

Martin Schlander
In reply to this post by Robert Munteanu
Onsdag den 28. oktober 2015 12:28:33 skrev Robert Munteanu:
> robert@rombert:~> sudo zypper ar
> http://linuxdownload.adobe.com/linux/x86_64/ adobe

I guess it might make sense for me to add this repo to the YaST Community
repositories lists (opensuse-community.org section). To make it easy to add it
with clicky, clicky.
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Flash Player dropped from Tumbleweed and Leap 42.1

Carlos E. R.-2
On 2015-10-28 21:48, Martin Schlander wrote:

> I guess it might make sense for me to add this repo to the YaST Community
> repositories lists (opensuse-community.org section). To make it easy to add it
> with clicky, clicky.

If it works, that would be fantastic :-)

--
Cheers / Saludos,

                Carlos E. R.
                (from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)


signature.asc (205 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Flash Player dropped from Tumbleweed and Leap 42.1

Martin Schlander
In reply to this post by Martin Schlander
Onsdag den 28. oktober 2015 21:48:03 skrev Martin Schlander:
> Onsdag den 28. oktober 2015 12:28:33 skrev Robert Munteanu:
> > robert@rombert:~> sudo zypper ar
> > http://linuxdownload.adobe.com/linux/x86_64/ adobe
>
> I guess it might make sense for me to add this repo to the YaST Community
> repositories lists (opensuse-community.org section). To make it easy to add
> it with clicky, clicky.

I added the repo to the list, but removed it again a few minutes later, as I
realized Packman have started providing flash-player.

I think it's cleaner this way.
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Flash Player dropped from Tumbleweed and Leap 42.1

Richard Brown
On 1 November 2015 at 12:08, Martin Schlander
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Onsdag den 28. oktober 2015 21:48:03 skrev Martin Schlander:
>> Onsdag den 28. oktober 2015 12:28:33 skrev Robert Munteanu:
>> > robert@rombert:~> sudo zypper ar
>> > http://linuxdownload.adobe.com/linux/x86_64/ adobe
>>
>> I guess it might make sense for me to add this repo to the YaST Community
>> repositories lists (opensuse-community.org section). To make it easy to add
>> it with clicky, clicky.
>
> I added the repo to the list, but removed it again a few minutes later, as I
> realized Packman have started providing flash-player.
>
> I think it's cleaner this way.

Martin, I have a suggestion - why not add the various sub-projects of
Packman to the list, so people can still easily add Packman without
all the extra (and sometimes) messy bonus stuff that comes with 'full
packman'?

The names are pretty much self explanatory

Packman Essentials
http://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/misc/packman/suse/openSUSE_Leap_42.1/Essentials
<- All you need for codecs
Packman Extra http://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/misc/packman/suse/openSUSE_Leap_42.1/Extra
<- this is the one which now includes Flash
Packman Games http://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/misc/packman/suse/openSUSE_Leap_42.1/Games
Packman Multimedia
http://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/misc/packman/suse/openSUSE_Leap_42.1/Multimedia
<- additional multimedia applications

I personally only ever use Packman Essentials - would be nice to be
able to access it via the Community Repo list instead of doing it
manually ;)
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

1234567