Fixing SLE12 package for Leap

Takashi Iwai
Hi,

I noticed that yast2-sound wasn't built for openSUSE Leap i586, and
found that it's explicitly disabled in SLE12 builds as below:

# XXX: SLE-12 build packages for x86 and s390, but no runnable kernel, so
# this package cannot be build here. Remove when SLE stop doing it
%if %suse_version == 1315
ExcludeArch:    %ix86 s390
%endif

Now an easy fix is to add the conditional checking %is_opensuse there.
However, this means that the package is forked from SLE12.  I can
submit the fix to openSUSE:42 as usual.  But how will we track this
difference for the future update of SLE12 package?

thanks,

Takashi

Re: Fixing SLE12 package for Leap

Michal Marek
On 2015-09-07 17:06, Takashi Iwai wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I noticed that yast2-sound wasn't built for openSUSE Leap i586, and
> found that it's explicitly disabled in SLE12 builds as below:
>
> # XXX: SLE-12 build packages for x86 and s390, but no runnable kernel, so
> # this package cannot be build here. Remove when SLE stop doing it

Is this a check for 2.4 vs 2.6 or what does the package do during build
that cannot be done at runtime?

> Now an easy fix is to add the conditional checking %is_opensuse there.
> However, this means that the package is forked from SLE12.  I can
> submit the fix to openSUSE:42 as usual.  But how will we track this
> difference for the future update of SLE12 package?

The best would be to have a staging subproject of SUSE:SLE-*:Update that
automatically becomes part of Leap.

Michal