Firefox 66 media autoplay

Achim Gratz

With the new Firefox release, even though it explicitly shows that I
have autoplay disabled (both in general and specifically for this
particular site), the sound starts blaring immediately on load anyway…
anyone has an idea of what breaks this and how to fix it?

Regards,
Achim.

Wavetables for the Terratec KOMPLEXER:

Re: Firefox 66 media autoplay

Wolfgang Bauer
Am Samstag, 30. März 2019, 17:03:25 schrieb Achim Gratz:
> With the new Firefox release, even though it explicitly shows that I
> have autoplay disabled (both in general and specifically for this
> particular site), the sound starts blaring immediately on load anyway…
> anyone has an idea of what breaks this and how to fix it?

This (opensuse-kde) is probably not the best mailinglist to ask that though, I
suppose...

Kind Regards,
Wolfgang

Achim Gratz writes:
> With the new Firefox release, even though it explicitly shows that I
> have autoplay disabled (both in general and specifically for this
> particular site), the sound starts blaring immediately on load anyway…
> anyone has an idea of what breaks this and how to fix it?

I reset all related config to the standard values, then activated the
blocking feature again (didn't work), then also toggled
media.autoplay.enabled.user-gestures-needed to false.  Now autplay is
blocked again as it should.  Either the logic behind that option changed
or this interaction is a bug that#ll get fixed later on.

Regards,
Achim.

Re: Firefox 66 media autoplay

Patrick Shanahan-2
* Achim Gratz <[hidden email]> [04-02-19 15:22]:

> Achim Gratz writes:
> > With the new Firefox release, even though it explicitly shows that I
> > have autoplay disabled (both in general and specifically for this
> > particular site), the sound starts blaring immediately on load anyway…
> > anyone has an idea of what breaks this and how to fix it?
>
> I reset all related config to the standard values, then activated the
> blocking feature again (didn't work), then also toggled
> media.autoplay.enabled.user-gestures-needed to false.  Now autplay is
> blocked again as it should.  Either the logic behind that option changed
> or this interaction is a bug that#ll get fixed later on.

only if reported.  of course you did?