Failure when starting virtual machines in recent tumbleweed versions

Failure when starting virtual machines in recent tumbleweed versions

Roger Whittaker-2
This appeared I think a couple of versions ago.

$ virsh start sles11sp4
error: Failed to start domain sles11sp4
error: internal error: /usr/lib/qemu-bridge-helper --br=br0 --fd=25: failed to communicate with bridge helper: Transport endpoint is not connected
stderr=access denied by acl file

Have others seen something like this?

I haven't really investigated yet, but I don't see a relevant bug
report - I'll open one if necessary.

Re: Failure when starting virtual machines in recent tumbleweed versions

Roger Whittaker-2
On Sat, Feb 03, 2018 at 09:59:33AM +0000, Roger Whittaker wrote:

> This appeared I think a couple of versions ago.
>
> $ virsh start sles11sp4
> error: Failed to start domain sles11sp4
> error: internal error: /usr/lib/qemu-bridge-helper --br=br0 --fd=25: failed to communicate with bridge helper: Transport endpoint is not connected
> stderr=access denied by acl file
>
> Have others seen something like this?
>
> I haven't really investigated yet, but I don't see a relevant bug
> report - I'll open one if necessary.

Replying to myself - it looks as if /etc/qemu/bridge.conf had been
overwritten.  Adding "allow br0" there fixed the problem.

On Sat, Feb 03, 2018 at 10:06:37AM +0000, Roger Whittaker wrote:

> On Sat, Feb 03, 2018 at 09:59:33AM +0000, Roger Whittaker wrote:
> > This appeared I think a couple of versions ago.
> >
> > $ virsh start sles11sp4
> > error: Failed to start domain sles11sp4
> > error: internal error: /usr/lib/qemu-bridge-helper --br=br0 --fd=25: failed to communicate with bridge helper: Transport endpoint is not connected
> > stderr=access denied by acl file
> >
> > Have others seen something like this?
> >
> > I haven't really investigated yet, but I don't see a relevant bug
> > report - I'll open one if necessary.
>
> Replying to myself - it looks as if /etc/qemu/bridge.conf had been
> overwritten.  Adding "allow br0" there fixed the problem.

rpm -qf /etc/qemu/bridge.conf
qemu-tools-2.11.0-3.1.x86_64

rpm -q --last qemu-tools
qemu-tools-2.11.0-3.1.x86_64                  Mon 29 Jan 2018 11:35:22 GMT

It seems to have been overwritten without the creation of a rpmnew or
rpmsave file.