Failure building docker-compose: have choice for python-six needed by python-setuptools: python-six python2-six

Failure building docker-compose: have choice for python-six needed by python-setuptools: python-six python2-six

Robert Munteanu
Hi,

I am trying to understand why docker-compose [1] does not build for
Factory. The error is

  unresolvable: have choice for python-six needed by
python-setuptools: python-six python2-six

I am not sure how to approach this, any hints are welcome. Is this
something to set in the project config?

Thanks,

Robert

[1]:https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/Virtualization:containers/docker-compose

--
http://robert.muntea.nu/

Re: Failure building docker-compose: have choice for python-six needed by python-setuptools: python-six python2-six

Andreas Schwab-2
On Mär 28 2017, Robert Munteanu <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am trying to understand why docker-compose [1] does not build for
> Factory. The error is
>
>   unresolvable: have choice for python-six needed by
> python-setuptools: python-six python2-six
>
> I am not sure how to approach this, any hints are welcome.

Remove python-six from Virtualization:containers or don't build it in
openSUSE_Tumbleweed.  It is out of date.

Andreas.

--
Andreas Schwab, SUSE Labs, [hidden email]
GPG Key fingerprint = 0196 BAD8 1CE9 1970 F4BE  1748 E4D4 88E3 0EEA B9D7

On Tue, Mar 28, 2017 at 1:06 PM, Andreas Schwab <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Mär 28 2017, Robert Munteanu <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I am trying to understand why docker-compose [1] does not build for
>> Factory. The error is
>>
>>   unresolvable: have choice for python-six needed by
>> python-setuptools: python-six python2-six
>>
>> I am not sure how to approach this, any hints are welcome.
>
> Remove python-six from Virtualization:containers or don't build it in
> openSUSE_Tumbleweed.  It is out of date.

I'll take this to the project maintainers.

Thanks,

Robert

--
http://robert.muntea.nu/

Re: Failure building docker-compose: have choice for python-six needed by python-setuptools: python-six python2-six

Jordi Massaguer Pla-2

On 03/28/2017 12:06 PM, Andreas Schwab wrote:

> On Mär 28 2017, Robert Munteanu <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I am trying to understand why docker-compose [1] does not build for
>> Factory. The error is
>>
>>    unresolvable: have choice for python-six needed by
>> python-setuptools: python-six python2-six
>>
>> I am not sure how to approach this, any hints are welcome.
> Remove python-six from Virtualization:containers or don't build it in
> openSUSE_Tumbleweed.  It is out of date.
>
> Andreas.

I fixed by adding a Prefer in the project configuration

https://build.opensuse.org/project/prjconf/Virtualization:containers

regards

Re: Failure building docker-compose: have choice for python-six needed by python-setuptools: python-six python2-six

Olaf Hering-2
Am Tue, 28 Mar 2017 15:37:10 +0200
schrieb Jordi Massaguer Pla <[hidden email]>:

> https://build.opensuse.org/project/prjconf/Virtualization:containers

Why does this project need all the extra python packages?
Why are the ones provided by the base distribution (especially Tumbleweed) not good enough?

Olaf

On 03/28/2017 03:49 PM, Olaf Hering wrote:
> Am Tue, 28 Mar 2017 15:37:10 +0200
> schrieb Jordi Massaguer Pla <[hidden email]>:
>

>> https://build.opensuse.org/project/prjconf/Virtualization:containers
> Why does this project need all the extra python packages?
> Why are the ones provided by the base distribution (especially Tumbleweed) not good enough?

We had some trouble with python packages being updated in Tumbleweed
which was breaking the compose package. Compose is very picky on the
version of the python modules it uses.