Factory status

Re: Factory status

Claudio Freire
On Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 4:33 PM, Sascha Peilicke <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> On Sun, Nov 4, 2012 at 9:38 AM, Cristian Morales Vega
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> - python-tagpy                   devel:languages:python saschpe
>>> Fails for 41 days: taglib update
>>

>> Hi. I've got a fix for this, it's in multimedia:libs.
>>
>> Thing is, I just noticed python-tagpy's devel project is actually
>> d:l:p[1], not m:l[2]. The fix needed another fix for taglib[4] (which
>> I just forwarded to factory), so I would have fixed it first in m:l
>> anyway if I had known. I can SR from m:l to d:l:p, and then forward to
>> Factory, but I'm wondering why is there such duplication. I can't see
>> anything depending on it[0].
>

> Generally, all Python modules are collected in d:l:r:e and usually, other
> projects linkpac from there. It's rather uncommon to be the other way
> around. Even though the module is closely related to taglib, it's an
> independent project and IMO belongs into d:l:r:e.
>
> So it would make sense if you would indeed submit to d:l:r:e, however will
> accept the request will also (automatically) forward this to Factory.

So, now I've got it in d:l:p, but it's failing because taglib hasn't
made the snapshot repo yet.

I guess I have to wait until it does to submit (otherwise autobuild
would reject the SR for failing to build in Factory)... right?

Re: Factory status

Stephan Kulow-3
Am 09.11.2012 16:30, schrieb Claudio Freire:

> On Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 4:33 PM, Sascha Peilicke <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi. I've got a fix for this, it's in multimedia:libs.
>>>
>>> Thing is, I just noticed python-tagpy's devel project is actually
>>> d:l:p[1], not m:l[2]. The fix needed another fix for taglib[4] (which
>>> I just forwarded to factory), so I would have fixed it first in m:l
>>> anyway if I had known. I can SR from m:l to d:l:p, and then forward to
>>> Factory, but I'm wondering why is there such duplication. I can't see
>>> anything depending on it[0].
>>
>> Generally, all Python modules are collected in d:l:r:e and usually, other
>> projects linkpac from there. It's rather uncommon to be the other way
>> around. Even though the module is closely related to taglib, it's an
>> independent project and IMO belongs into d:l:r:e.
>>
>> So it would make sense if you would indeed submit to d:l:r:e, however will
>> accept the request will also (automatically) forward this to Factory.
> So, now I've got it in d:l:p, but it's failing because taglib hasn't
> made the snapshot repo yet.
>
> I guess I have to wait until it does to submit (otherwise autobuild
> would reject the SR for failing to build in Factory)... right?
If you put in the SR "does not build at the moment till snapshot was
updated",
I usually do not decline it :)

autobuild is no more btw - the build status is checked by factory-auto,
which will not
reject for that reason but leave the decision to me.

Greetings, Stephan