FYI AppArmor profile for GnuPG

Malte Gell-3
Dear List,

GnuPG is a crucial security tool on any Linux system and its importance
may make it prone to attacks. Thus it´s wise to have an AA profile for it.

This AA profile for GnuPG supports the graphical pinentry programs and
it supports SmartCard use. It also works with the Thunderbird addon
Enigmail.

This profile may need additional permissions if you use GnuPG with other
mail clients besides Thunderbird. I only made it work for Thunderbird.

usr.bin.gpg2.TXT (2K) Download Attachment

Re: FYI AppArmor profile for GnuPG

Bugzilla from jc@phocean.net
Le 13/09/2016 à 09:37, Malte Gell a écrit :

> Dear List,
>
> GnuPG is a crucial security tool on any Linux system and its importance
> may make it prone to attacks. Thus it´s wise to have an AA profile for it.
>
> This AA profile for GnuPG supports the graphical pinentry programs and
> it supports SmartCard use. It also works with the Thunderbird addon
> Enigmail.
>
> This profile may need additional permissions if you use GnuPG with other
> mail clients besides Thunderbird. I only made it work for Thunderbird.

Hello,

As an openSUSE user who cares about security, many thanks.
It is so nice to share such useful stuff and other tips. Very appreciated. :-)

I just hope it is going to happen more often.

Regards,
JCB

Am 13.09.2016 um 09:44 schrieb Jean-Christophe Baptiste:
>  (...)
> As an openSUSE user who cares about security, many thanks.
> It is so nice to share such useful stuff and other tips. Very appreciated. :-)

Thanks very much!
Hope it becomes useful to all.

Regards