Quantcast

Extra translation project: openSUSE-EULAs

Extra translation project: openSUSE-EULAs

Ludwig Nussel
Hi,

Unfortunately we had to add a last minute warning about Nouveau to a
package. It's possible to translate that warning via Weblate now:
https://l10n.opensuse.org/projects/opensuse-eulas/

A 100% translation is needed for the translation to be included.

Btw, that is also the case for the openSUSE distribution license that is
included in skelcd-openSUSE. Currently the following languages are at
80-90% so the license would be displayed in English:

Arabic
Chinese
French
Hungarian
Italian
Korean
Persian
Polish
Spanish
Ukrainian

https://l10n.opensuse.org/projects/skelcd-opensuse/master/

cu
Ludwig

--
  (o_   Ludwig Nussel
  //\

Re: Extra translation project: openSUSE-EULAs

Luiz Fernando Ranghetti-2
Hi,

Just for curiosity, why the need of 100%? Its because po2xml? The tool
xml2po from gnome can generate the translation whithout being 100%
translated.

Regards

Luiz

Am 27.10.2016 um 19:18 schrieb Luiz Fernando Ranghetti:
> Just for curiosity, why the need of 100%? Its because po2xml? The tool
> xml2po from gnome can generate the translation whithout being 100%
> translated.

It looks sloppy if a text that is displayed as a whole like this
suddenly has an untranslated paragraph or sentences in the middle.
So I intentionally set the threshold to 100%.

cu
Ludwig

--
  (o_   Ludwig Nussel
  //\

Am 27.10.2016 um 19:40 schrieb ابو بدر:
> I think there is a problem in calculating the translator ratio
>
> There are Some words are not translated, such as Web sites and the names
> of some programs
> There are a few programs Underused we translate it last minute
> Become access to 100% of each file ratio is difficult

The mechanism doesn't count individual words. Just the chunks you
get for translation. It doesn't care about the actual content. So if
Weblate displays 100% you are good. You don't have to find a
translation for e.g. 'openSUSE' ;-)

cu
Ludwig

--