Excellent news: Looking Glass 3D article entered Lessons for Lizards

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Excellent news: Looking Glass 3D article entered Lessons for Lizards

Alexey Eromenko
Hi susers !

I have great news: after experimenting for several days with Project
Looking Glass 3D on my home desktop, I decided to write an article
about this technology - about it's installation, coverage of 3D
Desktop and navigation in 3D space, I also included a good amount of
info, nice screenshots, external links, and much more.

I just commited this article into "Lessons for Lizards", a
documentation set for openSUSE Linux. So check it out !

(please: someone- update the web version of it - so normal users won't
need to deal with subversion to read that)

Enjoy !

-Alexey Eremenko. 9.1.2006.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [klik] Excellent news: Looking Glass 3D article entered Lessons for Lizards

Alexey Eromenko
Kurt wrote:
> Do you have a link? Or should we wait for Google to have it
> indexed?

Google won't help. It is in Subversion repository (not in Web servers)
at Novell.
Unfortunately, I don't own any web sites to publish that myself.

Here is the link: (it will expire soon) -- it weights at 2.5 MB inc.
screenshots.
http://download.yousendit.com/FB451A172D4C2D2E

NOTE: The link above is just temporal solution, until someone agrees
to host that article.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Re: [klik] Excellent news: Looking Glass 3D article entered Lessons for Lizards

Alexey Eromenko
On 1/10/07, Patrick Shanahan <[hidden email]> wrote:
> * Alexey Eremenko <[hidden email]> [01-09-07 16:58]:
> > Kurt wrote:
> > >Do you have a link? Or should we wait for Google to have it
> > >indexed?
> >
> > Google won't help. It is in Subversion repository (not in Web servers)
> > at Novell.
> > Unfortunately, I don't own any web sites to publish that myself.
>
Patrick Shanahan wrote:
> Until you find a better site:
>   http://wahoo.no-ip.org/~pat/LookingGlass/lg3d.html
>

Patrick, thank you very much for hosting. Let's just make that link
public, to make sure more users can get in touch.

NOTE: Now I see that this site loads damn slow, but that's because I
didn't use thumbnails, as this documentation, more geared towards
offline view. Also I don't know how to generate it with DocBook.

-Alexey Eremenko.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Excellent news: Looking Glass 3D article entered Lessons for Lizards

Rebecca Walter
In reply to this post by Alexey Eromenko
On Tuesday 09 January 2007 21:56, Alexey Eremenko wrote:

> Hi susers !
>
> I have great news: after experimenting for several days with Project
> Looking Glass 3D on my home desktop, I decided to write an article
> about this technology - about it's installation, coverage of 3D
> Desktop and navigation in 3D space, I also included a good amount of
> info, nice screenshots, external links, and much more.
>
> I just commited this article into "Lessons for Lizards", a
> documentation set for openSUSE Linux. So check it out !
>
> (please: someone- update the web version of it - so normal users won't
> need to deal with subversion to read that)

I'm not used to doing the file uploads, but I will make sure it gets done
today.  Most of the team is back at work now, so I am sure one of them will
be willing to do this.  Expect an updated version by the end of the work day!

Thanks for all your work.  I read quickly through the one article yesterday.  
I will see if I can do some more reading today.  Would you prefer comments by
e-mail or as remarks in the file?

Sincerely,
Rebecca

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Excellent news: Looking Glass 3D article entered Lessons for Lizards

Alexey Eromenko
>
> I'm not used to doing the file uploads, but I will make sure it gets done
> today.  Most of the team is back at work now, so I am sure one of them will
> be willing to do this.  Expect an updated version by the end of the work day!
>
> Thanks for all your work.  I read quickly through the one article yesterday.
> I will see if I can do some more reading today.  Would you prefer comments by
> e-mail or as remarks in the file?

Thank you, Rebecca, I would prefer to see comments by emails, but I
agree that you take some freedom and modify the XMLs as well.
You -or- any veteran XML coder.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Excellent news: Looking Glass 3D article entered Lessons for Lizards

Rebecca Walter

> Thank you, Rebecca, I would prefer to see comments by emails, but I
> agree that you take some freedom and modify the XMLs as well.
> You -or- any veteran XML coder.

I will send that in e-mail as well for now.  I won't even look at the code, so
I might miss things.

Your XML builds and validates, which is really the most important thing.  Your
coding skills will improve with practice and as you get used to it.  

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Excellent news: Looking Glass 3D article entered Lessons for Lizards

Rebecca Walter
In reply to this post by Rebecca Walter

> I'm not used to doing the file uploads, but I will make sure it gets done
> today.  Most of the team is back at work now, so I am sure one of them will
> be willing to do this.  Expect an updated version by the end of the work
> day!

The PDF is updated, but we're having some technical issues with forge for the
HTML version.  Unfortunately we need the one team member still on vacation to
resolve this issue. So we've tried, but can't provide the update right now.  
It will be resolved as soon as possible, but it might not be until next week.

We're all really sorry about this. We're all pretty new to the Novell Forge
system, so bugs have to be expected.

Sincerely,
Rebecca
---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]