Errors with unit tests depending on python-qt5

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Errors with unit tests depending on python-qt5

todd rme
Is anyone else running into problems running tests for packages that
depend on python-qt5?  Every package I have looked at is having its
test abort with no error message part way through.  Here is an example
where I attached gdb in hopes of finding the source of the problem:

https://build.opensuse.org/package/live_build_log/home:TheBlackCat:branches:devel:languages:python:jupyter/python-qtconsole/openSUSE_Tumbleweed/x86_64
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Errors with unit tests depending on python-qt5

Fabian Vogt-2
Hi,

Am Freitag, 22. November 2019, 21:34:43 CET schrieb Todd Rme:
> Is anyone else running into problems running tests for packages that
> depend on python-qt5?  Every package I have looked at is having its
> test abort with no error message part way through.  Here is an example
> where I attached gdb in hopes of finding the source of the problem:
>
> https://build.opensuse.org/package/live_build_log/home:TheBlackCat:branches:devel:languages:python:jupyter/python-qtconsole/openSUSE_Tumbleweed/x86_64

It uses QGuiApplication, which needs graphical output.
When that's not available, it should abort with this error message:
> This application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin could be initialized.
I'm not sure why that doesn't appear in your build.
To provide some graphical output, there are multiple options:
- QT_QPA_PLATFORM="offscreen" cmd
- QT_QPA_PLATFORM="vnc" cmd
- xvfb-run -s '-noreset +render' -a cmd

Cheers,
Fabian


--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Errors with unit tests depending on python-qt5

todd rme
On Fri, Nov 22, 2019 at 3:53 PM Fabian Vogt <[hidden email]> wrote:

>
> Hi,
>
> Am Freitag, 22. November 2019, 21:34:43 CET schrieb Todd Rme:
> > Is anyone else running into problems running tests for packages that
> > depend on python-qt5?  Every package I have looked at is having its
> > test abort with no error message part way through.  Here is an example
> > where I attached gdb in hopes of finding the source of the problem:
> >
> > https://build.opensuse.org/package/live_build_log/home:TheBlackCat:branches:devel:languages:python:jupyter/python-qtconsole/openSUSE_Tumbleweed/x86_64
>
> It uses QGuiApplication, which needs graphical output.
> When that's not available, it should abort with this error message:
> > This application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin could be initialized.
> I'm not sure why that doesn't appear in your build.
> To provide some graphical output, there are multiple options:
> - QT_QPA_PLATFORM="offscreen" cmd
> - QT_QPA_PLATFORM="vnc" cmd
> - xvfb-run -s '-noreset +render' -a cmd
>
> Cheers,
> Fabian

That worked for that package, but I am having another problem with
another package.  It seems to be somewhere in qtwebkit, but I can't
figure out what is going on.  The build results are here:

https://build.opensuse.org/package/live_build_log/home:TheBlackCat:branches:devel:languages:python:numeric/python-orange-widget-base/openSUSE_Tumbleweed/x86_64

Here is the end of the gdb backtrace:

WTF::PairHash<WTF::String, bool>::hash () at
/usr/src/debug/libqt5-qtwebkit-5.212~alpha3-3.1.x86_64/Source/WTF/wtf/HashFunctions.h:159
159                return
pairIntHash(DefaultHash<T>::Hash::hash(p.first),
DefaultHash<U>::Hash::hash(p.second));
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Errors with unit tests depending on python-qt5

Fabian Vogt-2
Hi,

Am Montag, 9. Dezember 2019, 18:57:47 CET schrieb Todd Rme:

> On Fri, Nov 22, 2019 at 3:53 PM Fabian Vogt <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Am Freitag, 22. November 2019, 21:34:43 CET schrieb Todd Rme:
> > > Is anyone else running into problems running tests for packages that
> > > depend on python-qt5?  Every package I have looked at is having its
> > > test abort with no error message part way through.  Here is an example
> > > where I attached gdb in hopes of finding the source of the problem:
> > >
> > > https://build.opensuse.org/package/live_build_log/home:TheBlackCat:branches:devel:languages:python:jupyter/python-qtconsole/openSUSE_Tumbleweed/x86_64
> >
> > It uses QGuiApplication, which needs graphical output.
> > When that's not available, it should abort with this error message:
> > > This application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin could be initialized.
> > I'm not sure why that doesn't appear in your build.
> > To provide some graphical output, there are multiple options:
> > - QT_QPA_PLATFORM="offscreen" cmd
> > - QT_QPA_PLATFORM="vnc" cmd
> > - xvfb-run -s '-noreset +render' -a cmd
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Fabian
>
> That worked for that package, but I am having another problem with
> another package.  It seems to be somewhere in qtwebkit, but I can't
> figure out what is going on.  The build results are here:
>
> https://build.opensuse.org/package/live_build_log/home:TheBlackCat:branches:devel:languages:python:numeric/python-orange-widget-base/openSUSE_Tumbleweed/x86_64
>
> Here is the end of the gdb backtrace:

The important part is:

[  108s] #2  0x00007ffff5fbaa97 in QMessageLogger::fatal(char const*, ...) const () from /usr/lib64/libQt5Core.so.5
[  108s] #3  0x00007fffcd99e688 in ?? () from /usr/lib64/qt5/plugins/platforms/libqoffscreen.so
[  108s] #4  0x00007fffcd9a1e33 in ?? () from /usr/lib64/qt5/plugins/platforms/libqoffscreen.so
[  108s] #5  0x00007ffff32568cd in QOpenGLContext::create() () from /usr/lib64/libQt5Gui.so.5
[  108s] #6  0x00007fffd6faa320 in QtWebEngineCore::initialize() () from /usr/lib64/libQt5WebEngineCore.so.5

So it seems like you changed it to use WebEngine meanwhile?
Anyway, the issue is that creation of an OpenGL context failed, probably
because there was no matching GLX visual found, which can have a variety of
reasons. You'll probably have to install Mesa-dri as well, for llvmpipe.

I gave it a quick try in a branch by using just xvfb + Mesa-dri, but it failed
as well for some reason. glxinfo/glxgears worked fine though...

Cheers,
Fabian

> WTF::PairHash<WTF::String, bool>::hash () at
> /usr/src/debug/libqt5-qtwebkit-5.212~alpha3-3.1.x86_64/Source/WTF/wtf/HashFunctions.h:159
> 159                return
> pairIntHash(DefaultHash<T>::Hash::hash(p.first),
> DefaultHash<U>::Hash::hash(p.second));
>




--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]