Errors with unit tests depending on python-qt5

Errors with unit tests depending on python-qt5

todd rme
Is anyone else running into problems running tests for packages that
depend on python-qt5?  Every package I have looked at is having its
test abort with no error message part way through.  Here is an example
where I attached gdb in hopes of finding the source of the problem:

https://build.opensuse.org/package/live_build_log/home:TheBlackCat:branches:devel:languages:python:jupyter/python-qtconsole/openSUSE_Tumbleweed/x86_64

Re: Errors with unit tests depending on python-qt5

Fabian Vogt-2
Hi,

Am Freitag, 22. November 2019, 21:34:43 CET schrieb Todd Rme:
> Is anyone else running into problems running tests for packages that
> depend on python-qt5?  Every package I have looked at is having its
> test abort with no error message part way through.  Here is an example
> where I attached gdb in hopes of finding the source of the problem:
>
> https://build.opensuse.org/package/live_build_log/home:TheBlackCat:branches:devel:languages:python:jupyter/python-qtconsole/openSUSE_Tumbleweed/x86_64

It uses QGuiApplication, which needs graphical output.
When that's not available, it should abort with this error message:
> This application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin could be initialized.
I'm not sure why that doesn't appear in your build.
To provide some graphical output, there are multiple options:
- QT_QPA_PLATFORM="offscreen" cmd
- QT_QPA_PLATFORM="vnc" cmd
- xvfb-run -s '-noreset +render' -a cmd

Cheers,