Error in desktop-file category

Bugzilla from lazy.kent.suse@gmail.com

Friday 27 November 2009

Hello.

I try to package software and got error in installed desktop file.
Categories=Education;Literature;

WARNING: Category "Literature" is unknown \!
ERROR: No sufficient Category definition
Errors in installed desktop file detected.
error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.tQMPff (%install)

I found "Literature" (Literature software) as additional category at
http://standards.freedesktop.org/menu-spec/latest/apa.html

Is there any chance to fix this problem?

--
WBR,
 Kyrill Detinov

Re: Error in desktop-file category

sda-5
On 17:07 Fri 27 Nov     , Kyrill Detinov wrote:

> Friday 27 November 2009
>
> Hello.
>
> I try to package software and got error in installed desktop file.
> Categories=Education;Literature;

> WARNING: Category "Literature" is unknown \!
> ERROR: No sufficient Category definition
> Errors in installed desktop file detected.
> error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.tQMPff (%install)
>
> I found "Literature" (Literature software) as additional category at
> http://standards.freedesktop.org/menu-spec/latest/apa.html
>
> Is there any chance to fix this problem?
moreover,

i'd advise to review and adjust oS xdg menu and related checks in OBS to
the "FDO Registered Categories". another example - "TextTools" is
missing.

but the best idea imho - is the following check:

ERROR: *.desktop is not an UTF-8 file

awesome! we have a really nice "*.desktop" file which has no
comments/translation and it contain only ASCII symbols inside. the file
is absolutely correct. but existing check blocks the compilation and (as
it's clear that sane reasons are out of scope here) it forces to exclude
the checks completely.

regards,
sda