Error: Cannot find tgetent in termcap or ncurses libraries

JLP

Error: Cannot find tgetent in termcap or ncurses libraries

JLP
Hi,

I'm trying to use openSUSE build service to build packages for Thousand
Parsec game project. I strated with libtprl, a C++ Readline library.

I've written the specfile which builds just fine on Mandriva 2006 target
but it fails on all openSUSE targets with this error during configure phase:

checking for tgetent in -ltermcap... no
checking for tgetent in -lncurses... no
configure: error: Cannot find tgetent in termcap or ncurses libraries!

More here:
http://build.opensuse.org/package/show?package=libtprl&project=home%3AJRepin

Thanks in advance for help.

--
JLP's Blog - http://jlp.holodeck1.com/blog/

Re: Error: Cannot find tgetent in termcap or ncurses libraries

Marcus Rückert
On Wednesday 28 February 2007 21:42:09 Jure Repinc wrote:
> checking for tgetent in -ltermcap... no
> checking for tgetent in -lncurses... no
> configure: error: Cannot find tgetent in termcap or ncurses libraries!

you have 2 ways here:
1. if you have a bit bandwidth to share:
osc build <repos> <arch> *spec

then you can investigate config.log locally

2. you dont have bandwidth to share:
append "|| cat config.log" to the configure cmdline than you will find the
config.log in the build log.

hope this helps

        darix

--