Elections Results

Kostas Koudaras
Hello people of openSUSE
after the longest election period in the history of the project
elections ended in a successful way. 237 people voted out of 400 which
is a record of participation both in percentage and in actual number.
It was the first year we attempted to vote through Helios Voting
System and we solved all problems that came to our attention. I must
say that although the work of the election committee ends somewhere
around here the new elected members have a long way ahead of them and
us as the election committee wish them all the best.
With no further delay I present you the results of the elections for 2018:
Gertjan Lettink (Knurpht) 166
Simon Lees 133
Ana María Martínez 185
Gerry Makaro (Fraser_Bell) 98
Aaron Luna 72

The First three:
Gertjan Lettink (Knurpht),Simon Lees and Ana María Martínez,will serve
a two year term.

Best Regards
Kostas "Warlordfff" Koudaras

--
--- \m/ ---
If you're not failing every now and again, it's a sign you're not

Re: [opensuse-project] Elections Results

Bugzilla from admin@different-perspectives.com

> On 28 Apr 2018, at 18:47, Kostas Koudaras <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello people of openSUSE
> after the longest election period in the history of the project
> elections ended in a successful way. 237 people voted out of 400 which
> is a record of participation both in percentage and in actual number.
> It was the first year we attempted to vote through Helios Voting
> System and we solved all problems that came to our attention. I must
> say that although the work of the election committee ends somewhere
> around here the new elected members have a long way ahead of them and
> us as the election committee wish them all the best.
> With no further delay I present you the results of the elections for 2018:
> Gertjan Lettink (Knurpht) 166
> Simon Lees 133
> Ana María Martínez 185
> Gerry Makaro (Fraser_Bell) 98
> Aaron Luna 72
>
> The First three:
> Gertjan Lettink (Knurpht),Simon Lees and Ana María Martínez,will serve
> a two year term.
>
> Best Regards
> Kostas "Warlordfff" Koudaras

I’d like to congratulate Ana for joining the board.

Although I’m not a voting member bu as along time use and supporter of (open)SuSE, and in the interests of diversity, could I ask for a breakdown of the voting membership and board by gender and racial origin.  If the results are as I suspect, what are board’s plans for addressing this?

And don’t start with the nonsense about “unbiassed” and “meritocracy.”

Thanks is advance
David--

Re: [opensuse-project] Elections Results

Ana Martínez

> I’d like to congratulate Ana for joining the board.

Thanks! :) Although I think you are missing some congratulations, as I
am not the only joining the board. ;)

> Although I’m not a voting member bu as along time use and supporter of (open)SuSE, and in the interests of diversity, could I ask for a breakdown of the voting membership and board by gender and racial origin.  If the results are as I suspect, what are board’s plans for addressing this?
>
> And don’t start with the nonsense about “unbiassed” and “meritocracy.”

In openSUSE we welcome EVERYBODY independently of his gender and
racial origin. As some people have raised up, there are not data on
voters, but even if there were, we are already encouraging everybody
who wants to join to do it and I hope we keep doing so.

I really hope that people voted me because they share my ideas and
concept of what openSUSE is and the things that need to be improved,
and not because I am a woman. I think this is exactly what equality
means and one of the reason that makes openSUSE so awesome. :)

Regards,

Ana

--

Ana María Martínez Gómez