Duplication and clean up error message in KDE PIM 5

Duplication and clean up error message in KDE PIM 5

Stakanov Schufter
I am getting a enormous amount of duplication of messages of the mailing
lists.
As I know the problem will be solved only in the future, I try to workaround
with the function "remove duplicates" from Kmail menu, ever since when they
get too many.
When I do, eventually I get rid of them, but, an error message pops up, which
is far from understandable (see paste).

 http://paste.opensuse.org/58866913

Is there a way to read what it would like to complain about (would starting in
terminal give the equivalence of it?). Or would filter log do this?

It is only this particular action that causes me the "empty" message.
Thank you.

Settings are: POP3, the downloaded messages are then filtered to the respective
folders. The "remove duplicates" action is invoked on a single folder without
subfolders (menu "folder", item "remove duplicate messages".

Re: Duplication and clean up error message in KDE PIM 5

Luca Beltrame
In data domenica 11 giugno 2017 14:14:48 CEST, stakanov ha scritto:

> Is there a way to read what it would like to complain about (would starting
> in terminal give the equivalence of it?). Or would filter log do this?

It would be very helpful to restart the PIM subsystem from a terminal
("akonadictl restart") and then trigger this condition - then post the
terminal output to pastebin.

For extra verbosity (but don't forget to turn it back off aftewards), install
"kdebugsettings" and turn debug output on prior to doing this.

--
Luca Beltrame - KDE Forums team
KDE Science supporter

In data lunedì 12 giugno 2017 09:21:52 CEST, Luca Beltrame ha scritto:

> In data domenica 11 giugno 2017 14:14:48 CEST, stakanov ha scritto:
> > Is there a way to read what it would like to complain about (would
> > starting
> > in terminal give the equivalence of it?). Or would filter log do this?
>
> It would be very helpful to restart the PIM subsystem from a terminal
> ("akonadictl restart") and then trigger this condition - then post the
> terminal output to pastebin.
>
> For extra verbosity (but don't forget to turn it back off aftewards),
> install "kdebugsettings" and turn debug output on prior to doing this.

Just one info more: where to I turn it off and on? In Akonadiconsole?

In data lunedì 12 giugno 2017 09:28:37 CEST, stakanov ha scritto:

> Just one info more: where to I turn it off and on? In Akonadiconsole?

"kdebugsettings". There are two visible buttons to turn debug on and off.

--
Luca Beltrame - KDE Forums team
KDE Science supporter
GPG key ID: A29D259B

Re: Duplication and clean up error message in KDE PIM 5

Stakanov Schufter
In data lunedì 12 giugno 2017 09:28:37 CEST, stakanov ha scritto:
> In data lunedì 12 giugno 2017 09:21:52 CEST, Luca Beltrame ha scritto:
> > In data domenica 11 giugno 2017 14:14:48 CEST, stakanov ha scritto:
>
> Just one info more: where to I turn it off and on? In Akonadiconsole?

Disregard, I do understand now. Will provide.

In data lunedì 12 giugno 2017 09:38:47 CEST, Luca Beltrame ha scritto:
> In data lunedì 12 giugno 2017 09:28:37 CEST, stakanov ha scritto:
> > Just one info more: where to I turn it off and on? In Akonadiconsole?
>
> "kdebugsettings". There are two visible buttons to turn debug on and off.
Sorry but I do not understand.

I did put the settings to debug.
When I say safe results it just gives me a list of settings.
When I try to start kontact --debug then it say unknown command.
Debug packages are installed.
How can I get any useful output?
Thank you

Re: Duplication and clean up error message in KDE PIM 5

Daniele
Il 15/06/2017 06:22, stakanov ha scritto:

> In data lunedì 12 giugno 2017 09:38:47 CEST, Luca Beltrame ha scritto:
>> In data lunedì 12 giugno 2017 09:28:37 CEST, stakanov ha scritto:
>>> Just one info more: where to I turn it off and on? In Akonadiconsole?
>>
>> "kdebugsettings". There are two visible buttons to turn debug on and off.
> Sorry but I do not understand.
>
> I did put the settings to debug.
> When I say safe results it just gives me a list of settings.
> When I try to start kontact --debug then it say unknown command.
> Debug packages are installed.
> How can I get any useful output?
Start kontact from a terminal (konsole, xterm..), it should print more
info and messages while in use...
Also look into ~/.xsession-errors-:0

HTH

Daniele.