Dropping Qt4 WebKit

Fabian Vogt-2
Hi everyone,

it's about time now to drop Qt4 WebKit, before it has a chance to get into
Leap 15.0. It received its last "major" update in 2013 and is now for over
three years without security-related fixes or actually any kind of bugfixes.

For now it'll only be removed from openSUSE:Leap:15.0 and :Factory and stay
in the devel prj (KDE:Qt) as long as it builds fine. This is mostly due to
some third-party applications that still need it, like the old skype, for
example.

A lot of kdelibs4-based applications are in the dependency tree, but with some
patches we were able to sever the close tie between kdelibs4/kdebase4 and
WebKit. There are some packages which will not build anymore after the drop,
so if you really need them, you'll have to patch them to not use Qt4 WebKit.
If this does not happen before KDE:Applications 17.12 lands in Factory,
those packages will not be installable anymore.

The list is:

- FreeCAD (reported as boo#1070901)
- bibletime
- kchmviewer
- knemo
- mathgl
- {perl,ruby,mono}-qt4
- {python,python3}-kde4
- rekonq
- rkward
- tomahawk
- vacuum-im
- vtk

Cheers,
Fabian

Re: Dropping Qt4 WebKit

Bruno Friedmann-2
Hi Fabian

> - rkward

It seems they have a fix for using qt5 now
https://cgit.kde.org/rkward.git/commit/?h=frameworks

> - vtk
I don't understand why this one should be affected
On TW it requires     pkgconfig(Qt5WebKitWidgets)

Also all related QT are QT5 perhaps vtk-qt has missed the rename to vtk-qt5 ?

--

Bruno Friedmann
 Ioda-Net Sàrl www.ioda-net.ch

Re: Dropping Qt4 WebKit

Fabian Vogt-2
Hi,

Am Sonntag, 3. Dezember 2017, 16:23:29 CET schrieb Bruno Friedmann:
> Hi Fabian
>

> > - rkward
>
> It seems they have a fix for using qt5 now
> https://cgit.kde.org/rkward.git/commit/?h=frameworks

Probably not released yet I guess.

> > - vtk
> I don't understand why this one should be affected
> On TW it requires     pkgconfig(Qt5WebKitWidgets)

It also has BuildRequires:  libQtWebKit-devel.
Can probably just be removed then.

> Also all related QT are QT5 perhaps vtk-qt has missed the rename to vtk-qt5 ?

Cheers,
Fabian

Re: Dropping Qt4 WebKit

Peter Linnell-3
On Sun, 03 Dec 2017 09:44:37 +0100
Fabian Vogt <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> it's about time now to drop Qt4 WebKit, before it has a chance to get
> into Leap 15.0. It received its last "major" update in 2013 and is
> now for over three years without security-related fixes or actually
> any kind of bugfixes.
>
> For now it'll only be removed from openSUSE:Leap:15.0 and :Factory
> and stay in the devel prj (KDE:Qt) as long as it builds fine. This is
> mostly due to some third-party applications that still need it, like
> the old skype, for example.
>
> A lot of kdelibs4-based applications are in the dependency tree, but
> with some patches we were able to sever the close tie between
> kdelibs4/kdebase4 and WebKit. There are some packages which will not
> build anymore after the drop, so if you really need them, you'll have
> to patch them to not use Qt4 WebKit. If this does not happen before
> KDE:Applications 17.12 lands in Factory, those packages will not be
> installable anymore.
>
> The list is:
>
> - FreeCAD (reported as boo#1070901)
> - bibletime
> - kchmviewer
> - knemo
> - mathgl
> - {perl,ruby,mono}-qt4
> - {python,python3}-kde4
> - rekonq
> - rkward
> - tomahawk
> - vacuum-im
> - vtk
>
> Cheers,
> Fabian

Scribus 1.4.6 also has a dependency on this. It is used for the help
browser. We have 1.4.7 in the works and I will submit this as a
maintenance release into Leap. If wanted, this can go into SLE 12 SP4 or
maintenance for SP3

My plan:

Move to Scribus 1.5.x branch before Leap 15 is out. !.5.x is Qt5 and getting
close to becoming 1.6 (stable) The 1.5.x branch is pretty stable and
we're not planning on adding a lot of new functionality.

Thoughts ?

Cheers,
Peter

Re: Dropping Qt4 WebKit

Wolfgang Bauer
Some notes below...

Am Sonntag, 3. Dezember 2017, 09:44:37 schrieb Fabian Vogt:
> - kchmviewer

This supports building with Qt5 since version 5.2 (KDE:Extra has 5.2.1, the
latest version is 5.7 though).

No idea if it will actually build with he latest versions, but I'll give it a
try...

Probably not so important IMHO, okular can display .chm files as well.

> - knemo

Hm.
I don't see any dependency on QtWebKit (neither at runtime nor buildtime), and
I have no idea what it would use/need it for...

If necessary, we could package the git frameworks branch though.
There hasn't been any work since a while, but it seems to work (I never used
any more advanced features though, I only like to have the icon in the systray
that shows network traffic).

> - {perl,ruby,mono}-qt4
> - {python,python3}-kde4

> - rekonq

A WebKit based browser, so no point trying to patch it to work without it...
Probably time to drop it. Although there is a WIP KF5/Qt5 port, it seems dead
(last commit 3 years ago).

Am Sonntag, 3. Dezember 2017, 16:23:29 schrieb Bruno Friedmann:
> > - rkward
>
> It seems they have a fix for using qt5 now
> https://cgit.kde.org/rkward.git/commit/?h=frameworks

No, that's a fix *for* the Qt5/KF5 port, much more is needed to build it with
Qt5 in the first place... ;-)

We could package the frameworks branch maybe.
I build it since a while and it starts at least.
I don't know how well it works though, rkward is not something I ever used
really.

> - vtk

The libQtWebKit-devel BuildRequires seems to be a mistake, it is built with
Qt5 in Factory since a while:

%if 0%{?suse_version} > 1320
BuildRequires:  python3-qt5-devel
BuildRequires:  pkgconfig(Qt5OpenGL)
BuildRequires:  pkgconfig(Qt5OpenGLExtensions)
BuildRequires:  pkgconfig(Qt5Sql)
BuildRequires:  pkgconfig(Qt5WebKitWidgets)
BuildRequires:  pkgconfig(Qt5Widgets)
%else
BuildRequires:  libqt4-devel
BuildRequires:  python3-qt4-devel
%endif

Could be removed, or at least moved into the %else branch I suppose.

Kind Regards,
Wolfgang

Re: Dropping Qt4 WebKit

Wolfgang Bauer
Am Montag, 4. Dezember 2017, 18:32:22 schrieb Wolfgang Bauer:
> Some notes below...
>
> Am Sonntag, 3. Dezember 2017, 09:44:37 schrieb Fabian Vogt:
> > - kchmviewer
>
> This supports building with Qt5 since version 5.2 (KDE:Extra has 5.2.1, the
> latest version is 5.7 though).

Sorry, typos...

The version numbers should be 7.2(.1) and 7.7, respectively... ;-)

Kind Regards,
Wolfgang

Re: Dropping Qt4 WebKit

Fabian Vogt-2

Am Montag, 4. Dezember 2017, 18:32:22 CET schrieb Wolfgang Bauer:

> Some notes below...
>
> Am Sonntag, 3. Dezember 2017, 09:44:37 schrieb Fabian Vogt:
> > - kchmviewer
>
> This supports building with Qt5 since version 5.2 (KDE:Extra has 5.2.1, the
> latest version is 5.7 though).
>
> No idea if it will actually build with he latest versions, but I'll give it a
> try...
>
> Probably not so important IMHO, okular can display .chm files as well.
>
> > - knemo
>
> Hm.
> I don't see any dependency on QtWebKit (neither at runtime nor buildtime), and
> I have no idea what it would use/need it for...
>
> If necessary, we could package the git frameworks branch though.
> There hasn't been any work since a while, but it seems to work (I never used
> any more advanced features though, I only like to have the icon in the systray
> that shows network traffic).

It needs libksignalplotter, which had to be patched out from kdebase4-workspace
as one dependency of that lib depends on webkit (ksysguard's processui IIRC).
It might be possible to patch that a bit more fine-grained, but probably not
worth the work.

> > - {perl,ruby,mono}-qt4
> > - {python,python3}-kde4
>
> > - rekonq
>
> A WebKit based browser, so no point trying to patch it to work without it...
> Probably time to drop it. Although there is a WIP KF5/Qt5 port, it seems dead
> (last commit 3 years ago).

Yes, I think so too. I filed a dr.

> Am Sonntag, 3. Dezember 2017, 16:23:29 schrieb Bruno Friedmann:
> > > - rkward
> >
> > It seems they have a fix for using qt5 now
> > https://cgit.kde.org/rkward.git/commit/?h=frameworks
>
> No, that's a fix *for* the Qt5/KF5 port, much more is needed to build it with
> Qt5 in the first place... ;-)
>
> We could package the frameworks branch maybe.
> I build it since a while and it starts at least.
> I don't know how well it works though, rkward is not something I ever used
> really.

If you have already packaged it, you can submit it to the devel project
directly. An untested application is way better than no application :-)

> > - vtk
>
> The libQtWebKit-devel BuildRequires seems to be a mistake, it is built with
> Qt5 in Factory since a while:
>
> %if 0%{?suse_version} > 1320
> BuildRequires:  python3-qt5-devel
> BuildRequires:  pkgconfig(Qt5OpenGL)
> BuildRequires:  pkgconfig(Qt5OpenGLExtensions)
> BuildRequires:  pkgconfig(Qt5Sql)
> BuildRequires:  pkgconfig(Qt5WebKitWidgets)
> BuildRequires:  pkgconfig(Qt5Widgets)
> %else
> BuildRequires:  libqt4-devel
> BuildRequires:  python3-qt4-devel
> %endif
>
> Could be removed, or at least moved into the %else branch I suppose.

AFAICT already being worked on by Bruno Friedmann.

Cheers,
Fabian

> Kind Regards,
> Wolfgang

Re: Dropping Qt4 WebKit

Bruno Friedmann-2
> > - vtk
>
> The libQtWebKit-devel BuildRequires seems to be a mistake, it is built with
> Qt5 in Factory since a while:
>
> %if 0%{?suse_version} > 1320
> BuildRequires:  python3-qt5-devel
> BuildRequires:  pkgconfig(Qt5OpenGL)
> BuildRequires:  pkgconfig(Qt5OpenGLExtensions)
> BuildRequires:  pkgconfig(Qt5Sql)
> BuildRequires:  pkgconfig(Qt5WebKitWidgets)
> BuildRequires:  pkgconfig(Qt5Widgets)
> %else
> BuildRequires:  libqt4-devel
> BuildRequires:  python3-qt4-devel
> %endif
>
> Could be removed, or at least moved into the %else branch I suppose.
>
> Kind Regards,
> Wolfgang

I'm doing the fix actually ... by moving inside the else.
So it should still also build for SLE.

--

Bruno Friedmann
 Ioda-Net Sàrl www.ioda-net.ch

Re: Dropping Qt4 WebKit

Wolfgang Bauer
Am Montag, 4. Dezember 2017, 18:49:39 schrieb Fabian Vogt:
> It needs libksignalplotter, which had to be patched out from
> kdebase4-workspace as one dependency of that lib depends on webkit
> (ksysguard's processui IIRC). It might be possible to patch that a bit more
> fine-grained, but probably not worth the work.

Ah ok.

The KF5 port seems to use libksysguard5 (which contains a Qt5/KF5
libksignalplotter) instead...

> If you have already packaged it, you can submit it to the devel project
> directly. An untested application is way better than no application :-)

Ok, I should be able to do that in the next days.
Need to clean up the spec file a bit first though... (and add a proper tarball
instead of using a _service, AFAIK the latter is not allowed in Factory)

Kind Regards,
Wolfgang

Re: Dropping Qt4 WebKit

Vojtěch Zeisek-2
Dne pondělí 4. prosince 2017 18:32:22 CET, Wolfgang Bauer napsal(a):
> Am Sonntag, 3. Dezember 2017, 09:44:37 schrieb Fabian Vogt:
> > - rekonq
>
> A WebKit based browser, so no point trying to patch it to work without it...
> Probably time to drop it. Although there is a WIP KF5/Qt5 port, it seems
> dead (last commit 3 years ago).

It's death, AFAIK.

> Am Sonntag, 3. Dezember 2017, 16:23:29 schrieb Bruno Friedmann:
> > > - rkward
> >
> > It seems they have a fix for using qt5 now
> > https://cgit.kde.org/rkward.git/commit/?h=frameworks
>
> No, that's a fix *for* the Qt5/KF5 port, much more is needed to build it
> with Qt5 in the first place... ;-)
>
> We could package the frameworks branch maybe.
> I build it since a while and it starts at least.
> I don't know how well it works though, rkward is not something I ever used
> really.
This is crucial application for me (RStudio is unavailable for TW as it relies
on GStreamer 0.10). So I'd be happy if I could somehow help it to be available
for openSUSE. But I have no idea how to package and so. I can at least
definitely test it. I hope it'll be in any case still available at least for
Leap 42.

--
Vojtěch Zeisek

Komunita openSUSE GNU/Linuxu
Community of the openSUSE GNU/Linux

https://www.opensuse.org/
https://trapa.cz/

Re: Dropping Qt4 WebKit

Wolfgang Bauer
Am Dienstag, 5. Dezember 2017, 08:59:10 schrieb Vojtěch Zeisek:
> This is crucial application for me (RStudio is unavailable for TW as it
> relies on GStreamer 0.10). So I'd be happy if I could somehow help it to be
> available for openSUSE. But I have no idea how to package and so. I can at
> least definitely test it.

As I wrote, I did already package the "unstable" frameworks branch (since
about 2 years ago to be precise ;-) ).
I'm going to submit it, but I need to do some cleanups first. (as it's a devel
snapshot, the translations are missing, I'll probably add the ones from the
KDE4 version or from SVN).

If you want to test it, see here:
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:wolfi323:branches:devel:languages:R:released/rkward

Feedback would be welcome of course.

Btw, as it's a devel snapshot, the translations are missing.
But I'm probably going to add the ones from the KDE4 version or from SVN.

> I hope it'll be in any case still available at
> least for Leap 42.

It is in the main/standard repos, so yes, it (the stable KDE4 version 0.6.5,
and Qt4 WebKit) will always be available for Leap 42.

But it would need to be dropped from Tumbleweed and Leap 15.

No idea when the KF5 port will be released, the only "announcement" in that
direction I found is this:
https://mail.kde.org/pipermail/rkward-devel/2017-May/004763.html
So even though this was half a year ago, it probably will still take some
time.

Kind Regards,
Wolfgang

Re: Dropping Qt4 WebKit

Vojtěch Zeisek-2
Dne úterý 5. prosince 2017 10:09:12 CET, Wolfgang Bauer napsal(a):

> Am Dienstag, 5. Dezember 2017, 08:59:10 schrieb Vojtěch Zeisek:
> > This is crucial application for me (RStudio is unavailable for TW as it
> > relies on GStreamer 0.10). So I'd be happy if I could somehow help it to
> > be
> > available for openSUSE. But I have no idea how to package and so. I can at
> > least definitely test it.
>
> As I wrote, I did already package the "unstable" frameworks branch (since
> about 2 years ago to be precise ;-) ).
> I'm going to submit it, but I need to do some cleanups first. (as it's a
> devel snapshot, the translations are missing, I'll probably add the ones
> from the KDE4 version or from SVN).
>
> If you want to test it, see here:
> https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:wolfi323:branches:devel:languag
> es:R:released/rkward
Hm, OBS seems to be broken for a moment:

 Files could not be expanded: service error: Command failed(128): 'fatal:
Unable to look up anongit.kde.org (port 9418) (Temporary failure in name
resolution)'
less info

service tar_scm failed:
Use of uninitialized value $val in concatenation (.) or string at /usr/lib/
obs/server/bs_admin line 1144.
/srv/obs/service/31202
/srv/obs/service/31202/src
/srv/obs/service/31202/src/_link
/srv/obs/service/31202/src/_service
/srv/obs/service/31202/src/rkward-0.6.5.tar.gz
/srv/obs/service/31202/src/rkward.changes
/srv/obs/service/31202/src/rkward.spec
/srv/obs/service/31202/src/_serviceproject
/srv/obs/service/31202/src/.old
/srv/obs/service/31202/src/.old/_service:recompress:tar_scm:rkward-0.6.9git.
20171022T093034~f74df5d6.tar.gz
/srv/obs/service/31202/src/.old/_service:set_version:rkward.spec
/srv/obs/service/31202/out
/srv/obs/service/31202/var
/srv/obs/service/31202/var/cache
/srv/obs/service/31202/var/cache/obs
/srv/obs/service/31202/var/cache/obs/7i4Lq6aylPJE
/srv/obs/service/31202/var/cache/obs/7i4Lq6aylPJE/scripts
/srv/obs/service/31202/var/cache/obs/7i4Lq6aylPJE/scripts/inner.sh
/srv/obs/service/31202/var/cache/obs/7i4Lq6aylPJE/scripts/inner.sh.command
/srv/obs/service/31202/home
Running /usr/lib/obs/service//tar_scm --url git://anongit.kde.org/rkward.git
--scm git --versionformat 0.6.9git.%ci~%h --revision frameworks --outdir /var/
cache/obs/7i4Lq6aylPJE/out
+ echo Running /usr/lib/obs/service//tar_scm --url git://anongit.kde.org/
rkward.git --scm git --versionformat 0.6.9git.%ci~%h --revision frameworks --
outdir /var/cache/obs/7i4Lq6aylPJE/out
+ export CACHEDIRECTORY=/var/cache/obs/7i4Lq6aylPJE/scm-cache
+ CACHEDIRECTORY=/var/cache/obs/7i4Lq6aylPJE/scm-cache
+ export HOME=/var/cache/obs/7i4Lq6aylPJE/home
+ HOME=/var/cache/obs/7i4Lq6aylPJE/home
+ /usr/lib/obs/service//tar_scm --url git://anongit.kde.org/rkward.git --scm
git --versionformat 0.6.9git.%ci~%h --revision frameworks --outdir /var/cache/
obs/7i4Lq6aylPJE/out
Detected cached repository...
ERROR(128): 'fatal: Unable to look up anongit.kde.org (port 9418) (Temporary
failure in name resolution)
'
Command failed(128): 'fatal: Unable to look up anongit.kde.org (port 9418)
(Temporary failure in name resolution)

I'll try later...

--
Vojtěch Zeisek
https://trapa.cz/

Re: Dropping Qt4 WebKit

Luca Beltrame
In data martedì 5 dicembre 2017 10:28:20 CET, Vojt?ch Zeisek ha scritto:

> Hm, OBS seems to be broken for a moment:
>  Files could not be expanded: service error: Command failed(128): 'fatal:
> Unable to look up anongit.kde.org (port 9418) (Temporary failure in name

This occasionally happens with OBS and source services. It'll be sufficient to
rerun them to usually fix the issue.

--
Luca Beltrame - KDE Forums team
KDE Science supporter

Re: Dropping Qt4 WebKit

Wolfgang Bauer
PS:
> - bibletime

This would just need to be updated to the latest version.
2.11 (released a year ago) uses Qt5 and QtWebEngine, a 2.11.1 bugfix release
has been made 2 months ago (including a crash fix for Qt 5.9).
https://github.com/bibletime/bibletime/releases

And apparently somebody is already working on that update:
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:cornelisbb:branches:Education/bibletime

Btw, kchmviewer 7.2.1 builds fine with Qt5, one needs to use qmake instead of
cmake though and install the files manually.
I'll submit that one too in the next days.

Kind Regards,
Wolfgang

Re: Dropping Qt4 WebKit

Wolfgang Bauer
Am Dienstag, 5. Dezember 2017, 10:34:31 schrieb Luca Beltrame:
> In data martedì 5 dicembre 2017 10:28:20 CET, Vojt?ch Zeisek ha scritto:
> > Hm, OBS seems to be broken for a moment:
> >  Files could not be expanded: service error: Command failed(128): 'fatal:
> > Unable to look up anongit.kde.org (port 9418) (Temporary failure in name
>
> This occasionally happens with OBS and source services. It'll be sufficient
> to rerun them to usually fix the issue.

Yes, and I triggered a re-run meanwhile.

Although, you should be able to *download* the already built packages (or add
the repo) despite that error (which only affects the build).

Kind Regards,
Wolfgang

Re: Dropping Qt4 WebKit

Wolfgang Bauer
Oh, I see.
I pasted the wrong Url by mistake.

That's the direct link to the package download page:
https://software.opensuse.org//download.html?project=home%3Awolfi323%3Abranches%3Adevel%3Alanguages%3AR%3Areleased&package=rkward

(that's what you get when you click on "Download package" on the previous
page's upper right corner)

Kind Regards,
Wolfgang

Re: Dropping Qt4 WebKit (vtk)

Bruno Friedmann-2
On lundi, 4 décembre 2017 18.53:33 h CET Bruno Friedmann wrote:

> > > - vtk
> >
> > The libQtWebKit-devel BuildRequires seems to be a mistake, it is built
> > with
> > Qt5 in Factory since a while:
> >
> > %if 0%{?suse_version} > 1320
> > BuildRequires:  python3-qt5-devel
> > BuildRequires:  pkgconfig(Qt5OpenGL)
> > BuildRequires:  pkgconfig(Qt5OpenGLExtensions)
> > BuildRequires:  pkgconfig(Qt5Sql)
> > BuildRequires:  pkgconfig(Qt5WebKitWidgets)
> > BuildRequires:  pkgconfig(Qt5Widgets)
> > %else
> > BuildRequires:  libqt4-devel
> > BuildRequires:  python3-qt4-devel
> > %endif
> >
> > Could be removed, or at least moved into the %else branch I suppose.
> >
> > Kind Regards,
> > Wolfgang
>
> I'm doing the fix actually ... by moving inside the else.
> So it should still also build for SLE.

sr#548228 against devel project is opened now
waiting to be taken by maintainer then go thru factory

--

Bruno Friedmann
 Ioda-Net Sàrl www.ioda-net.ch

Re: Dropping Qt4 WebKit

Vojtěch Zeisek-2
Dne úterý 5. prosince 2017 11:01:17 CET, Wolfgang Bauer napsal(a):
> Am Dienstag, 5. Dezember 2017, 10:34:31 schrieb Luca Beltrame:
> > In data martedì 5 dicembre 2017 10:28:20 CET, Vojt?ch Zeisek ha scritto:
> > > Hm, OBS seems to be broken for a moment:
> > >  Files could not be expanded: service error: Command failed(128):
'fatal:
> > > Unable to look up anongit.kde.org (port 9418) (Temporary failure in name
> >
> > This occasionally happens with OBS and source services. It'll be
> > sufficient to rerun them to usually fix the issue.
>
> Yes, and I triggered a re-run meanwhile.
>
> Although, you should be able to *download* the already built packages (or
> add the repo) despite that error (which only affects the build).

So I installed Rkward 0.6.9z+0.7.0+devel1 from Your repository. It does work
as expected, it looks nearly same as the KDE4 version. It loaded Rkward
modules from KDE4, some of them work. ;-) Well, the modules are not crucial.
Interestingly, Git module crashes whole application (not only the module as in
the previous version). Not a big issue as this module never worked really
well. ;-) It's missing some default settings (like SUSE typical path to R
packages, i.e. something like ~/R/x86_64-suse-linux-gnu-library/3.4/), it is
missing some default CRAN mirror (source of R packages). Not a big issue,
thought. It doesn't import history, settings and so on from previous version
(as it seems to be functionally nearly identical, it could be done, might be
I'll try to do it later manually). Overall, I'm very happy with it!
Thank You, Wolfgang!
As RStudio is not available for TW and Leap 15, Rkward is the only good GUI/
IDE for R available for openSUSE.

--
Vojtěch Zeisek
https://trapa.cz/

Re: Dropping Qt4 WebKit

Bruno Friedmann-2
> As RStudio is not available for TW and Leap 15, Rkward is the only good GUI/
> IDE for R available for openSUSE.

I have on my todo (the one called : one day if free time) to check and build
it directly for openSUSE on obs ...

As I don't have yet any urgent R project to finish it was not on my priority.
Would be cool to have for christmas :-)

--

Bruno Friedmann
 Ioda-Net Sàrl www.ioda-net.ch

Re: Dropping Qt4 WebKit

Vojtěch Zeisek-2
Dne úterý 5. prosince 2017 16:42:38 CET jste napsal(a):

> Dne úterý 5. prosince 2017 11:01:17 CET, Wolfgang Bauer napsal(a):
> > >
> > > This occasionally happens with OBS and source services. It'll be
> > > sufficient to rerun them to usually fix the issue.
> >
> > Yes, and I triggered a re-run meanwhile.
> >
> > Although, you should be able to *download* the already built packages (or
> > add the repo) despite that error (which only affects the build).
>
> So I installed Rkward 0.6.9z+0.7.0+devel1 from Your repository. It does work
> as expected, it looks nearly same as the KDE4 version. It loaded Rkward
> modules from KDE4, some of them work. ;-) Well, the modules are not
> crucial. Interestingly, Git module crashes whole application (not only the
> module as in the previous version). Not a big issue as this module never
> worked really well. ;-) It's missing some default settings (like SUSE
> typical path to R packages, i.e. something like
> ~/R/x86_64-suse-linux-gnu-library/3.4/), it is missing some default CRAN
> mirror (source of R packages). Not a big issue, thought. It doesn't import
> history, settings and so on from previous version (as it seems to be
> functionally nearly identical, it could be done, might be I'll try to do it
> later manually). Overall, I'm very happy with it! Thank You, Wolfgang!
> As RStudio is not available for TW and Leap 15, Rkward is the only good GUI/
> IDE for R available for openSUSE.
On another TW machine I see today
$ LC_ALL=C sudo zypper dup
[...]
Problem: rkward-0.6.5-3.7.x86_64 requires libkdewebkit.so.5()(64bit), but this
requirement cannot be provided
  deleted providers: libkde4-4.14.38-1.1.x86_64
 Solution 1: deinstallation of rkward-0.6.5-3.7.x86_64
 Solution 2: keep obsolete libkde4-4.14.38-1.1.x86_64
 Solution 3: break rkward-0.6.5-3.7.x86_64 by ignoring some of its
dependencies

So... If it means we reached the breakpoint, might I ask for replacement of
RKWard 0.6.5 by the KF5/Qt5 Git version?