Dropping CONFIG_IDE for on openSUSE / ppc

Dropping CONFIG_IDE for on openSUSE / ppc

Martin Wilck-2
Hello,

this is to announce that we'll soon drop CONFIG_IDE support from all
kernels. CONFIG_IDE is already disabled for all architectures except
ppc64le and ppc64 on TW, and ppc64le on Leap. SLE hasn't had legacy IDE
support since SLE12.

Note that this is only about "legacy IDE" support. libata-based devices
will of course remain supported. We doubt that any real, currently
supported hardware requires the legacy IDE drivers. So if you're using
/dev/hdX devices on TW or Leap, ppc64 or ppc64le, please speak up.

Thanks,
Martin

--
Dr. Martin Wilck <[hidden email]>, Tel. +49 (0)911 74053 2107
SUSE Linux GmbH, GF: Felix Imend├Ârffer, Jane Smithard, Graham Norton