Deletion of ntop

Johannes Segitz
Hello,

ntop isn't maintained by upstream anymore, further development will take
place in ntopng. Because of open security issues I would like to have ntop
removed from factory. Objections?

Johannes
--
GPG Key E7C81FA0       EE16 6BCE AD56 E034 BFB3  3ADD 7BF7 29D5 E7C8 1FA0
Subkey fingerprint:    250F 43F5 F7CE 6F1E 9C59  4F95 BC27 DD9D 2CC4 FD66

Re: Deletion of ntop

Yamaban
On Mon, 19 Jan 2015 14:48, Johannes Segitz <jsegitz@...> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> ntop isn't maintained by upstream anymore, further development will take
> place in ntopng. Because of open security issues I would like to have ntop
> removed from factory. Objections?
>
> Johannes

Just a remark:

Either name that "ntop-ng" or some other way separate the "ntop"
from the "ng" else it reads "n-to-png".

The sooner that is done, the less the confusion with any
"png" image tools.

And, please make sure the spec file has the needed Conflict and
Provides.

If you can, please do a "grep ntop" over all the specfiles in obs,
it could be necessary to include a "Provides: ntop" in the new
spec file. (e.g. cacti-plugin-ntop)

Thanks for the heads up,
  - Yamaban.

Re: Deletion of ntop

Jan Engelhardt-4

On Monday 2015-01-19 14:48, Johannes Segitz wrote:

>ntop isn't maintained by upstream anymore, further development will take
>place in ntopng. Because of open security issues I would like to have ntop
>removed from factory.

You could have a look at iptraf.spec on how we dealt with package
name and command compatibility. It's not the first time an -ng
case happens :)