DSPAM package broken?

Claudio ML
Hello all,

 From repository server:mail, package dspam is marked as "failed"
(https://build.opensuse.org/package/show?package=dspam&project=server%3Amail).
Something wrong with this build?

And where is a working package of dspam for OpenSuSE 12.2 ?

Cordially,

Claudio.

Re: DSPAM package broken?

gregfreemyer
On Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 8:27 AM, Claudio ML <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> From repository server:mail, package dspam is marked as "failed"
> (https://build.opensuse.org/package/show?package=dspam&project=server%3Amail).
> Something wrong with this build?
Claudio,

If you click on "failed" you see the build log.

I see:
===
[  160s] dspam.i586: E: non-position-independent-executable (Badness:
10000) /usr/sbin/dspamc
[  160s] dspam.i586: E: non-position-independent-executable (Badness:
10000) /usr/sbin/dspam
[  160s] This executable must be position independent.  Check that it
is built with
[  160s] -fPIE/-fpie in compiler flags and -pie in linker flags.
===

openSUSE factory added that check a while back and it is now part of 12.2.

If that is the only error stopping it from building, its not too hard
to fix, but I don't recall offhand what the exact fix is.

Someone needs to generate a SR to fix that.

Greg

Re: DSPAM package broken?

Philipp Thomas-3
On Sat, 6 Oct 2012 07:40:52 -0400, Greg Freemyer
<[hidden email]> wrote:

>Check that it is built with -fPIE/-fpie in compiler flags and -pie in linker flags.

>but I don't recall offhand what the exact fix is.

The rpmlint message tells you what the fix is: add -fPIE to the
compiler flags and -pie to the linker flags if ld is called diretctly.
There was a patch that was supposed to do this added in June but it
couldn't work the way it was done. I fixed that ony to have it fail
with a compiler error I don't understand. So it will still fail in
OBS.

Philipp