Copy package configuration

Mathias Radtke
Hi

rescently I reinstalled our local OBS instance. Therefore I linked all
of our remote packages to our local iinstance.
However I need to also have the same package configuration on the linked
packages. Othherwiese I would spend too much time in reconfiguring these
packages like they are on the remote instance.
Is there a simple osc way to do this?
The configuration has to be done because of dependencies and package
choices.

Cheers

--
Mathias Radtke

---
http://uib.de/de/support-schulung/schulung/

---
uib gmbh
Bonifaziusplatz 1B
55118 Mainz

Tel. 06131 / 27561-16 <phone:061312756116>
Fax  06131 / 27561-22 <phone:061312756122>

E-Mail: [hidden email]
Internet: www.uib.de

Geschäftsführer: dr. detlef oertel & erol ueluekmen
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Mainz HRB 6942

Re: Copy package configuration

Mathias Radtke

On 01.09.2017 14:07, Mathias Radtke wrote:

> Hi
>
> rescently I reinstalled our local OBS instance. Therefore I linked all
> of our remote packages to our local iinstance.
> However I need to also have the same package configuration on the
> linked packages. Othherwiese I would spend too much time in
> reconfiguring these packages like they are on the remote instance.
> Is there a simple osc way to do this?
> The configuration has to be done because of dependencies and package
> choices.
Can't I just copy the remote _meta file from the selected package and
commit it to the local instance package? Might this work?
Or is there any osc cli command to do this?
Cheers

--
Mathias Radtke

---
http://uib.de/de/support-schulung/schulung/

---
uib gmbh
Bonifaziusplatz 1B
55118 Mainz

Tel. 06131 / 27561-16 <phone:061312756116>
Fax  06131 / 27561-22 <phone:061312756122>

E-Mail: [hidden email]
Internet: www.uib.de

Geschäftsführer: dr. detlef oertel & erol ueluekmen
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Mainz HRB 6942

Re: Copy package configuration

Adrian Schröter
On Montag, 4. September 2017, 10:08:28 CEST wrote Mathias Radtke:

> On 01.09.2017 14:07, Mathias Radtke wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > rescently I reinstalled our local OBS instance. Therefore I linked all
> > of our remote packages to our local iinstance.
> > However I need to also have the same package configuration on the
> > linked packages. Othherwiese I would spend too much time in
> > reconfiguring these packages like they are on the remote instance.
> > Is there a simple osc way to do this?
> > The configuration has to be done because of dependencies and package
> > choices.
> Can't I just copy the remote _meta file from the selected package and
> commit it to the local instance package? Might this work?
> Or is there any osc cli command to do this?

You can copy single packages from remote using "osc copypac".

But copying an entire project (which would make most sense here)
is not yet supported on API level.

--

Adrian Schroeter
email: [hidden email]

Maxfeldstraße 5
90409 Nürnberg
Germany

On 04.09.2017 10:35, Adrian Schröter wrote:

> On Montag, 4. September 2017, 10:08:28 CEST wrote Mathias Radtke:
>> On 01.09.2017 14:07, Mathias Radtke wrote:
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> rescently I reinstalled our local OBS instance. Therefore I linked all
>>> of our remote packages to our local iinstance.
>>> However I need to also have the same package configuration on the
>>> linked packages. Othherwiese I would spend too much time in
>>> reconfiguring these packages like they are on the remote instance.
>>> Is there a simple osc way to do this?
>>> The configuration has to be done because of dependencies and package
>>> choices.
>> Can't I just copy the remote _meta file from the selected package and
>> commit it to the local instance package? Might this work?
>> Or is there any osc cli command to do this?
> You can copy single packages from remote using "osc copypac".
I have linked the packages from remote to have to update the packages as
soon as somethin happens on the remote instance.
Currently I need a ways tro also copy the met configuration for a
specified package.

--
Mathias Radtke

---

On Montag, 4. September 2017, 10:37:25 CEST wrote Mathias Radtke:

> On 04.09.2017 10:35, Adrian Schröter wrote:

> >> Can't I just copy the remote _meta file from the selected package and
> >> commit it to the local instance package? Might this work?
> >> Or is there any osc cli command to do this?
> > You can copy single packages from remote using "osc copypac".
> I have linked the packages from remote to have to update the packages as
> soon as somethin happens on the remote instance.
> Currently I need a ways tro also copy the met configuration for a
> specified package.

as I said, we don't have support for this atm. You can only do this manually
per package.

There are dirty tricks around this sync the backend and reindex in database,
but I won't support you with that here ;)

--

Adrian Schroeter
email: [hidden email]

Maxfeldstraße 5
90409 Nürnberg
Germany

On 04.09.2017 10:48, Adrian Schröter wrote:

> On Montag, 4. September 2017, 10:37:25 CEST wrote Mathias Radtke:

>>> You can copy single packages from remote using "osc copypac".
>> I have linked the packages from remote to have to update the packages as
>> soon as somethin happens on the remote instance.
>> Currently I need a ways tro also copy the met configuration for a
>> specified package.
> as I said, we don't have support for this atm. You can only do this manually
> per package.
>
> There are dirty tricks around this sync the backend and reindex in database,
> but I won't support you with that here ;)

There's always a dirty trick.
If anyone is curious how i solved the issue:
get the meta config for a package Y in project X and write it into a file
      osc -A https://api.opensuse.org meta pkg X Y > meta.xml
rewrite this into the local instance
     osc -A https://obs.uib.local meta pkg Y X -F meta.xml
iterate over all projects and packages