Configure Akregator to show only unread articles

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Configure Akregator to show only unread articles

Denis Leslie
On openSUSE Leap 42.1 I used Akregator to read RSS feeds. I was able to
configure it so that only unread articles were displayed.

On oS Leap 42.2 I have been unable to find how to do this. The list of articles
in a feed displays both read and unread articles.

How  do I change it to show only unread articles?

Thanks for any help with this.
--
Denis Leslie
   System:  Linux 4.4.27-2-default
   Distro:     openSUSE 42.2 (x86_64)
   Desktop:  KDE Frameworks: 5.26.0 and Plasma 5.8.2

--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Configure Akregator to show only unread articles

skunze
Am Mittwoch, 30. November 2016, 16:46:09 CET schrieb Denis Leslie:
> On openSUSE Leap 42.1 I used Akregator to read RSS feeds. I was able to
> configure it so that only unread articles were displayed.
>
> On oS Leap 42.2 I have been unable to find how to do this. The list of
> articles in a feed displays both read and unread articles.
>
> How  do I change it to show only unread articles?
>
> Thanks for any help with this.

Hi Denis,

I use tumbleweed not Leap but for me the Filter is in the search line , it
looks like a play symbol  . If  I click on it I can select unread filter

Hope that helps

--
Stefan Kunze

SUSE Technical Support Engineer
________________________________________________________________

SUSE Linux GmbH,
GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Graham Norton, HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)
Maxfeldstr. 5, D-90409 Nürnberg



--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Configure Akregator to show only unread articles

Denis Leslie
On Friday, 9 December 2016 09:23:18 GMT Stefan Kunze wrote:

> Am Mittwoch, 30. November 2016, 16:46:09 CET schrieb Denis Leslie:
> > On openSUSE Leap 42.1 I used Akregator to read RSS feeds. I was able to
> > configure it so that only unread articles were displayed.
> >
> > On oS Leap 42.2 I have been unable to find how to do this. The list of
> > articles in a feed displays both read and unread articles.
> >
> > How  do I change it to show only unread articles?
> >
> > Thanks for any help with this.
>
> Hi Denis,
>
> I use tumbleweed not Leap but for me the Filter is in the search line , it
> looks like a play symbol  . If  I click on it I can select unread filter
>
> Hope that helps

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for your help - yes, if I click on the "play" symbol it opens to show
filters for New, Unread and Important. I failed to recognise and interpret the
subtle clue.

Cheers,
--
Denis Leslie
   System:  Linux 4.4.36-5-default
   Distro:     openSUSE 42.2 (x86_64)
   Desktop:  KDE Frameworks: 5.26.0 and Plasma 5.8.2

--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Configure Akregator to show only unread articles

Cor Blom
Op 09-12-16 om 11:21 schreef Denis Leslie:

> On Friday, 9 December 2016 09:23:18 GMT Stefan Kunze wrote:
>> Am Mittwoch, 30. November 2016, 16:46:09 CET schrieb Denis Leslie:
>>> On openSUSE Leap 42.1 I used Akregator to read RSS feeds. I was able to
>>> configure it so that only unread articles were displayed.
>>>
>>> On oS Leap 42.2 I have been unable to find how to do this. The list of
>>> articles in a feed displays both read and unread articles.
>>>
>>> How  do I change it to show only unread articles?
>>>
>>> Thanks for any help with this.
>>
>> Hi Denis,
>>
>> I use tumbleweed not Leap but for me the Filter is in the search line , it
>> looks like a play symbol  . If  I click on it I can select unread filter
>>
>> Hope that helps
>
> Hi Stefan,
>
> Thanks for your help - yes, if I click on the "play" symbol it opens to show
> filters for New, Unread and Important. I failed to recognise and interpret the
> subtle clue.
>
> Cheers,
>

Note that akregator5 (not akregator 4, also included in Leap) has the
following bug relating to this filter:

https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=350731

Kind regards,

Cor
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Configure Akregator to show only unread articles

Eric Schirra-3
Am 2016-12-09 11:35, schrieb Cor Blom:

> Note that akregator5 (not akregator 4, also included in Leap) has the
> following bug relating to this filter:
>
> https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=350731

This is in 42.2 too.
Absolute not useable.

And why does the fix so long?
Over one year!!

--
Regards
         Eric
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Configure Akregator to show only unread articles

Denis Leslie
In reply to this post by Cor Blom
On Friday, 9 December 2016 11:35:12 GMT Cor Blom wrote:

> Op 09-12-16 om 11:21 schreef Denis Leslie:
> > On Friday, 9 December 2016 09:23:18 GMT Stefan Kunze wrote:
> >> Am Mittwoch, 30. November 2016, 16:46:09 CET schrieb Denis Leslie:
> >>> On openSUSE Leap 42.1 I used Akregator to read RSS feeds. I was able to
> >>> configure it so that only unread articles were displayed.
> >>>
> >>> On oS Leap 42.2 I have been unable to find how to do this. The list of
> >>> articles in a feed displays both read and unread articles.
> >>>
> >>> How  do I change it to show only unread articles?
> >>>
> >>> Thanks for any help with this.
> >>
> >> Hi Denis,
> >>
> >> I use tumbleweed not Leap but for me the Filter is in the search line ,
> >> it
> >> looks like a play symbol  . If  I click on it I can select unread filter
> >>
> >> Hope that helps
> >
> > Hi Stefan,
> >
> > Thanks for your help - yes, if I click on the "play" symbol it opens to
> > show filters for New, Unread and Important. I failed to recognise and
> > interpret the subtle clue.
> >
> > Cheers,
>
> Note that akregator5 (not akregator 4, also included in Leap) has the
> following bug relating to this filter:
>
> https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=350731
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Cor

Thanks for the warning. I'll use the workaround suggested in comment 18 in the
bug report:

"You can go to Settings > Advanced and disable the automatic marking as read,
then use Ctrl+E to do it manually."

--
Denis Leslie
   System:  Linux 4.4.36-5-default
   Distro:     openSUSE 42.2 (x86_64)
   Desktop:  KDE Frameworks: 5.26.0 and Plasma 5.8.2

--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Configure Akregator to show only unread articles

Vojtěch Zeisek-2
In reply to this post by Denis Leslie
Dne pátek 9. prosince 2016 10:21:53 CET, Denis Leslie napsal(a):

> On Friday, 9 December 2016 09:23:18 GMT Stefan Kunze wrote:
> > Am Mittwoch, 30. November 2016, 16:46:09 CET schrieb Denis Leslie:
> > > On openSUSE Leap 42.1 I used Akregator to read RSS feeds. I was able to
> > > configure it so that only unread articles were displayed.
> > >
> > > On oS Leap 42.2 I have been unable to find how to do this. The list of
> > > articles in a feed displays both read and unread articles.
> > >
> > > How  do I change it to show only unread articles?
> >
> > I use tumbleweed not Leap but for me the Filter is in the search line , it
> > looks like a play symbol  . If  I click on it I can select unread filter
> >
> > Hope that helps
>
> Thanks for your help - yes, if I click on the "play" symbol it opens to show
> filters for New, Unread and Important. I failed to recognise and interpret
> the subtle clue.
I use it on TW (5.3.3). In the drop-down menu on the left of the search line I
keep option "Unread". I think this is what You wish. The option "New" shows
only articles downloaded last time. If You have some unread and download news
from feeds, "old" (still unread) articles disappears with this option (they
aren't "new" anymore). "Unread" shows all unread articles of any age.
"Important" shows only articles You manually mark as important.

--
Vojtěch Zeisek

Komunita openSUSE GNU/Linuxu
Community of the openSUSE GNU/Linux

https://www.opensuse.org/
https://trapa.cz/

signature.asc (849 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Configure Akregator to show only unread articles

Luca Beltrame
In reply to this post by Eric Schirra-3
In data venerdì 9 dicembre 2016 11:47:53 CET, Eric Schirra ha scritto:

> And why does the fix so long?
> Over one year!!

There's basically only one person working on that part of PIM, and the moment
he's focusing on other bits of code.

--
Luca Beltrame - KDE Forums team
GPG key ID: A29D259B

signature.asc (499 bytes) Download Attachment