Conference travel sponsorship program

Henne Vogelsang-2
Members, friends, people,

the openSUSE conference team is starting the travel sponsorship program
to financially support community members to attend the conference.
Apply now online until August 5th!

The openSUSE conference “RWX³” is the place to be for anyone using,
working on or taking advantage of the openSUSE Project. No matter if you
use our technology such as the Open Build Service, contribute packages
to 12.1 or evangelize the world as an Ambassador, this is your
conference. You can also meet a lot of your friends from other projects
like KDE, GNOME, Linux, Samba, LibreOffice and, of course many people
from other GNU/Linux distributions with whom we collaborate on
technologies like packaging, appstores or low-level tools like systemd.

The conference takes place from September 11th to 14th in Nuremberg,
Germany. Nürnberg is quite easy and cheap to reach from nearly
everywhere in Europe but it happens to be that the world is slightly
bigger than that. We have contributors from India, Taiwan, the US,
Brazil, Australia and many other countries around the globe. A trip to
the conference might be affordable to most, but we also have
contributors at the beginning of their career where money is usually
tight. No matter the reason why, if you need financial assistance to be
able to attend the openSUSE conference we have something for you: The
travel sponsorship program. And while the conference organization team
is relentlessly looking for more sponsors for it, the team has enough
commitments by now to start the program today. Hooray! If you want to
come to the conference in September but need assistance with the travel
costs, you can apply to be sponsored via email now. Read on to learn how!

http://news.opensuse.org/2011/07/23/travel-sponsorship-program/

Your openSUSE conference team