Compiling Kalva

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Compiling Kalva

Kenneth Aar, Grafikern.no
Hi

I am trying to compile the app Kalva 0.8.78 on OpenSUSE 10.1. But I get
this error:

-------------

checking for X... configure: error: Can't find X includes. Please check
your ins              tallation and add the correct paths!

-------------

--
Regards
Kenneth Aar
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Compiling Kalva

LHartung
Kenneth Aar, Grafikern.no schrieb:

> Hi
>
> I am trying to compile the app Kalva 0.8.78 on OpenSUSE 10.1. But I get
> this error:
>
> -------------
>
> checking for X... configure: error: Can't find X includes. Please check
> your ins              tallation and add the correct paths!
>
> -------------
>
> --
> Regards
> Kenneth Aar
>


Hi,

seems that you do not have XFree86-devel  installed.

Regards

Lars
--
http://www.linuri.de


--
Check the headers for your unsubscription address
For additional commands send e-mail to [hidden email]
Also check the archives at http://lists.suse.com
Please read the FAQs: [hidden email]


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Compiling Kalva

Kenneth Aar, Grafikern.no
LHartung skrev:

> Kenneth Aar, Grafikern.no schrieb:
>> Hi
>>
>> I am trying to compile the app Kalva 0.8.78 on OpenSUSE 10.1. But I get
>> this error:
>>
>> -------------
>>
>> checking for X... configure: error: Can't find X includes. Please check
>> your ins              tallation and add the correct paths!
>>
>> -------------
>>
>
>
> Hi,
>
> seems that you do not have XFree86-devel  installed.
>
>
Hi

Thank you for your suggestion, I tried to look up any xfree packages but
only found xorg devels so I installed it and tried configure once again
but this time it says:

-------------
checking for libz... configure: error: not found.
          Possibly configure picks up an outdated version
          installed by XFree86. Remove it from your system.

          Check your installation and look into config.log
-------------

--
Regards
Kenneth Aar

--
Check the headers for your unsubscription address
For additional commands send e-mail to [hidden email]
Also check the archives at http://lists.suse.com
Please read the FAQs: [hidden email]


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Compiling Kalva

LHartung
Kenneth Aar, Grafikern.no schrieb:

> LHartung skrev:
>> Kenneth Aar, Grafikern.no schrieb:
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> I am trying to compile the app Kalva 0.8.78 on OpenSUSE 10.1. But I get
>>> this error:
>>>
>>> -------------
>>>
>>> checking for X... configure: error: Can't find X includes. Please check
>>> your ins              tallation and add the correct paths!
>>>
>>> -------------
>>>
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> seems that you do not have XFree86-devel  installed.
>>
>>
> Hi
>
> Thank you for your suggestion, I tried to look up any xfree packages but
> only found xorg devels so I installed it and tried configure once again
> but this time it says:
>
> -------------
> checking for libz... configure: error: not found.
>           Possibly configure picks up an outdated version
>           installed by XFree86. Remove it from your system.
>
>           Check your installation and look into config.log
> -------------
>

Hi,

in yast installation menu search for libz or libz devel package.


--
Regards
Lars
http://www.linuri.de





--
Check the headers for your unsubscription address
For additional commands send e-mail to [hidden email]
Also check the archives at http://lists.suse.com
Please read the FAQs: [hidden email]


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Compiling Kalva

Kenneth Aar, Grafikern.no
LHartung skrev:

> Kenneth Aar, Grafikern.no schrieb:
>> LHartung skrev:
>>> Kenneth Aar, Grafikern.no schrieb:
>>>> Hi
>>>>
>>>> I am trying to compile the app Kalva 0.8.78 on OpenSUSE 10.1. But I
>>>> get
>>>> this error:
>>>>
>>>> -------------
>>>>
>>>> checking for X... configure: error: Can't find X includes. Please
>>>> check
>>>> your ins              tallation and add the correct paths!
>>>>
>>>> -------------
>>>>
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> seems that you do not have XFree86-devel  installed.
>>>
>>>
>> Hi
>>
>> Thank you for your suggestion, I tried to look up any xfree packages but
>> only found xorg devels so I installed it and tried configure once again
>> but this time it says:
>>
>> -------------
>> checking for libz... configure: error: not found.
>>           Possibly configure picks up an outdated version
>>           installed by XFree86. Remove it from your system.
>>
>>           Check your installation and look into config.log
>> -------------
>>
>
> Hi,
>
> in yast installation menu search for libz or libz devel package.
>

I couldn't find any package in yast or smart that's called libz or
libz-devel. But I did a google and found some RPMs I could install. That
seemed to do the trick.

Thanks for your help.

--
Regards
Kenneth Aar


--
Check the headers for your unsubscription address
For additional commands send e-mail to [hidden email]
Also check the archives at http://lists.suse.com
Please read the FAQs: [hidden email]


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Compiling Kalva

stephan beal
On Thursday 10 August 2006 20:19, Kenneth Aar, Grafikern.no wrote:
> > in yast installation menu search for libz or libz devel package.
>
> I couldn't find any package in yast or smart that's called libz or
> libz-devel. But I did a google and found some RPMs I could install.
> That seemed to do the trick.

It's actually called zlib, though the library itself is libz.a (or
libz.so).

--
----- [hidden email]   http://s11n.net
"...pleasure is a grace and is not obedient to the commands
of the will." -- Alan W. Watts

attachment0 (196 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Compiling Kalva

Philipp Thomas
In reply to this post by Kenneth Aar, Grafikern.no
* Kenneth Aar, Grafikern.no ([hidden email]) [20060810 20:16]:

> I couldn't find any package in yast or smart that's called libz or
> libz-devel.

The packages are named zlib and zlib-devel and latter is what you need.

> But I did a google and found some RPMs I could install. That
> seemed to do the trick.

That's not a good idea as it doesn't ensure that the devel package matches
the runtime library.

Philipp

--
Check the headers for your unsubscription address
For additional commands send e-mail to [hidden email]
Also check the archives at http://lists.suse.com
Please read the FAQs: [hidden email]


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Compiling Kalva

Kenneth Aar, Grafikern.no
In reply to this post by Kenneth Aar, Grafikern.no
Philipp Thomas skrev:

> * Kenneth Aar, Grafikern.no ([hidden email]) [20060810 20:16]:
>
>  
>> I couldn't find any package in yast or smart that's called libz or
>> libz-devel.
>>    
>
> The packages are named zlib and zlib-devel and latter is what you need.
>
>  
>> But I did a google and found some RPMs I could install. That
>> seemed to do the trick.
>>    
>
> That's not a good idea as it doesn't ensure that the devel package matches
> the runtime library.
>
> Philipp
>
>  
Hi

Thanks, valid point.

So I uninstalled it and used the one you suggested.

Although now I have a different problem. I can get Kalva to do
everything right except two things.:

First: It plays back sound while recording (now this isn't a showstopper)
Second: It doesn't record the sound so all I get are silent movies...

I found this post on the http://developer.berlios.de forum where the
Kalva downloads are hosted.:

--------
[ Bug #7930 ] aumix options not correctly
Date: 2006-Jun-19 09:21
Submitted By: ralphmw    
Summary: aumix options not correctly

Original Submission:
no matter what i enter in the audio hardware tab, kalva always uses
/usr/bin/aumix -l 0 -l R -i 75 to open sound.
instead it should be something like /usr/bin/aumix -l 0 -i R -i 75 in my
config.

Kalva: 0.8.79
KDE: 3.5.3
Linux: SuSE Linux 10.1 2.6.16.13-4-smp x86_64 GNU/Linux

Best regards,
Ralph.
--------


However, manually applying this fix  doesn't help with my sound problem.
Except now the sound doesn't playback during recording.

--
Regards
Kenneth Aar