Cleaning old _service file on obs

Bruno Friedmann-2
Hello we have here
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/Application:Geo/sumo

old _service files that we are unable to delete they don't appear when doing a
osc co nor have delete button on Gui.

If someone can help us to clean up some Mb, or explain how to do it.

Thanks.

--

Bruno Friedmann
 Ioda-Net Sàrl www.ioda-net.ch

Re: Cleaning old _service file on obs

Adrian Schröter
On Samstag, 11. November 2017, 18:30:46 CET wrote Bruno Friedmann:
> Hello we have here
> https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/Application:Geo/sumo
>
> old _service files that we are unable to delete they don't appear when doing a
> osc co nor have delete button on Gui.
>
> If someone can help us to clean up some Mb, or explain how to do it.

I do not see any old files:

 # osc api /source/Application:Geo/sumo?expand=1

--

Adrian Schroeter
email: [hidden email]

Maxfeldstraße 5
90409 Nürnberg
Germany

On lundi, 13 novembre 2017 08.53:43 h CET Adrian Schröter wrote:

> On Samstag, 11. November 2017, 18:30:46 CET wrote Bruno Friedmann:
> > Hello we have here
> > https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/Application:Geo/sumo
> >
> > old _service files that we are unable to delete they don't appear when
> > doing a osc co nor have delete button on Gui.
> >
> > If someone can help us to clean up some Mb, or explain how to do it.
>
> I do not see any old files:
>
>  # osc api /source/Application:Geo/sumo?expand=1

They have been cleaned in the meantime by sr new version of package.

--

Bruno Friedmann
 Ioda-Net Sàrl www.ioda-net.ch
 GPG KEY : D5C9B751C4653227
 irc: tigerfoot

Re: Cleaning old _service file on obs

Martin Pluskal-2
On Mon, 2017-11-13 at 09:16 +0100, Bruno Friedmann wrote:

> On lundi, 13 novembre 2017 08.53:43 h CET Adrian Schröter wrote:
> > On Samstag, 11. November 2017, 18:30:46 CET wrote Bruno Friedmann:
> > > Hello we have here
> > > https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/Application:Geo/sumo
> > >
> > > old _service files that we are unable to delete they don't appear
> > > when
> > > doing a osc co nor have delete button on Gui.
> > >
> > > If someone can help us to clean up some Mb, or explain how to do
> > > it.
> >
> > I do not see any old files:
> >
> >  # osc api /source/Application:Geo/sumo?expand=1
>
> They have been cleaned in the meantime by sr new version of package.
Yep, however I do recall not being able to delete them from webui -
anyways problem is gone.

Cheers

On Montag, 13. November 2017, 10:03:22 CET wrote [hidden email]:

> On Mon, 2017-11-13 at 09:16 +0100, Bruno Friedmann wrote:

> > > I do not see any old files:
> > >
> > >  # osc api /source/Application:Geo/sumo?expand=1
> >
> > They have been cleaned in the meantime by sr new version of package.
> Yep, however I do recall not being able to delete them from webui -
> anyways problem is gone.

It is true that you can not delete (or modify) it at all via the interfaces.
They only can be touched via the services. But they should disappear when
you disable or remove the services.

It is part of the concept that you can trust that a user can not fiddle
with them. For example to ensure that the tar ball is really downloaded
from the specified server...

--

Adrian Schroeter
email: [hidden email]

Maxfeldstraße 5
90409 Nürnberg
Germany

On Mon, 2017-11-13 at 10:03 +0100, [hidden email] wrote:

> On Mon, 2017-11-13 at 09:16 +0100, Bruno Friedmann wrote:
> > On lundi, 13 novembre 2017 08.53:43 h CET Adrian Schröter wrote:
> > > On Samstag, 11. November 2017, 18:30:46 CET wrote Bruno
> > > Friedmann:

> > > I do not see any old files:
> > >
> > >  # osc api /source/Application:Geo/sumo?expand=1
> >
> > They have been cleaned in the meantime by sr new version of
> > package.
>
> Yep, however I do recall not being able to delete them from webui -
> anyways problem is gone.

Interestingly I noticed that in network:cryptocurrencies/bitcoin [1]
there are some _services that do seem to be undeletable as well.

Cheers

Martin

1. https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/network:cryptocurrencies/bitcoin

On Montag, 13. November 2017, 10:34:25 CET wrote [hidden email]:

> On Mon, 2017-11-13 at 10:03 +0100, [hidden email] wrote:

> > > They have been cleaned in the meantime by sr new version of
> > > package.
> >
> > Yep, however I do recall not being able to delete them from webui -
> > anyways problem is gone.
> >
> Interestingly I noticed that in network:cryptocurrencies/bitcoin [1]
> there are some _services that do seem to be undeletable as well.

Indeed :/

This is a bug and should not happen. Most likely our error handling
for the failing runs due to broken docker is not good enough. We will have a look
later :/

However, in such situations you can workaround just by calling remote
service again:

 osc service rr $project $package

--

Adrian Schroeter
email: [hidden email]

Maxfeldstraße 5
90409 Nürnberg
Germany

On lundi, 13 novembre 2017 10.57:52 h CET Adrian Schröter wrote:

> On Montag, 13. November 2017, 10:34:25 CET wrote [hidden email]:

> > > Yep, however I do recall not being able to delete them from webui -
> > > anyways problem is gone.
> >
> > Interestingly I noticed that in network:cryptocurrencies/bitcoin [1]
> > there are some _services that do seem to be undeletable as well.
>
> Indeed :/
>
> This is a bug and should not happen. Most likely our error handling
> for the failing runs due to broken docker is not good enough. We will have a
> look later :/
>
> However, in such situations you can workaround just by calling remote
> service again:
>
>  osc service rr $project $package

Thanks for the command.

--