Citrix client for openSUSE 11.1

Roger Oberholtzer

I have just tried to install the 'latest' citrix linux client from
citrix via an RPM. It requires /usr/lib/libXm.so.3, but 11.1 comes
with /usr/lib/libXm.so.4. How have others sorted this? I need to access
a web-based citrix server. Any advice on the best way on openSUSE 11.1?
The java version seems not to work either...

--
Roger Oberholtzer

OPQ Systems / Ramböll RST

Ramböll Sverige AB
Krukmakargatan 21
P.O. Box 17009
SE-104 62 Stockholm, Sweden

Office: Int +46 8-615 60 20
Mobile: Int +46 70-815 1696

--

"On two occasions I have been asked (by members of Parliament!),
'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures,

And remember:

It is like talking about a large city with all construction finished.
Not impossible, but very unlikely.

Re: Citrix client for openSUSE 11.1

Bugzilla from Ben.Kevan@gmail.com
On Fri, 30 Jan 2009 08:07:11 -0800, Roger Oberholtzer <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have just tried to install the 'latest' citrix linux client from
> citrix via an RPM. It requires /usr/lib/libXm.so.3, but 11.1 comes
> with /usr/lib/libXm.so.4. How have others sorted this? I need to access
> a web-based citrix server. Any advice on the best way on openSUSE 11.1?
> The java version seems not to work either...

have you tried making a symlink ?

--
I say never be complete. I say stop being perfect. I say let's evolve. Let the chips fall where they may.  -Fight Club

On Fri, 2009-01-30 at 08:27 -0800, Ben Kevan wrote:

> On Fri, 30 Jan 2009 08:07:11 -0800, Roger Oberholtzer <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> > I have just tried to install the 'latest' citrix linux client from
> > citrix via an RPM. It requires /usr/lib/libXm.so.3, but 11.1 comes
> > with /usr/lib/libXm.so.4. How have others sorted this? I need to access
> > a web-based citrix server. Any advice on the best way on openSUSE 11.1?
> > The java version seems not to work either...
> >

> have you tried making a symlink ?

That was my first reaction. But the rpm still complained. So I guess
there is more to it than that. I don't like to install rpms telling them
to ignore missing dependencies. At least not before I explore
alternatives.

I am also wondering why the citrix java client, which the citrix server
claims can be used and will be loaded when used, does not work (in
Firefox). Not much in terms of error messages. The java that shows up in
about:plugins in Firefox is "GCJ Web Browser Plugin (using IcedTea)
1.3". Is that all the Java stuff I should be seeing in Firefox?

--
Roger Oberholtzer

OPQ Systems / Ramböll RST

Ramböll Sverige AB
Krukmakargatan 21
P.O. Box 17009
SE-104 62 Stockholm, Sweden

Office: Int +46 8-615 60 20
Mobile: Int +46 70-815 1696

--

"On two occasions I have been asked (by members of Parliament!),
'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures,
will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend
the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
  - Charles Babbage 1791-1871)
    English computer pioneer, philosopher

And remember:

It is like talking about a large city with all construction finished.
Not impossible, but very unlikely.

Re: Citrix client for openSUSE 11.1

Pete Connolly
wrote:

> > > I have just tried to install the 'latest' citrix linux client from
> > > citrix via an RPM. It requires /usr/lib/libXm.so.3, but 11.1 comes
> > > with /usr/lib/libXm.so.4. How have others sorted this? I need to access
> > > a web-based citrix server. Any advice on the best way on openSUSE 11.1?
> > > The java version seems not to work either...
> >
> > have you tried making a symlink ?
>
> That was my first reaction. But the rpm still complained. So I guess
> there is more to it than that. I don't like to install rpms telling them
> to ignore missing dependencies. At least not before I explore
> alternatives.
>
> I am also wondering why the citrix java client, which the citrix server
> claims can be used and will be loaded when used, does not work (in
> Firefox). Not much in terms of error messages. The java that shows up in
> about:plugins in Firefox is "GCJ Web Browser Plugin (using IcedTea)
> 1.3". Is that all the Java stuff I should be seeing in Firefox?

Hi Roger

I'd install the standard Sun JDK if possible - 1.5 or 1.6 according to the
client's requirements.  I've seen mixed results using the GCJ version.

Cheers

Pete

Re: Citrix client for openSUSE 11.1

Rui Santos-2
Roger Oberholtzer wrote:

> On Fri, 2009-01-30 at 08:27 -0800, Ben Kevan wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 30 Jan 2009 08:07:11 -0800, Roger Oberholtzer <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>

>>> I have just tried to install the 'latest' citrix linux client from
>>> citrix via an RPM. It requires /usr/lib/libXm.so.3, but 11.1 comes
>>> with /usr/lib/libXm.so.4. How have others sorted this? I need to access
>>> a web-based citrix server. Any advice on the best way on openSUSE 11.1?
>>> The java version seems not to work either...
>>>

>> have you tried making a symlink ?
>>

> That was my first reaction. But the rpm still complained. So I guess
> there is more to it than that. I don't like to install rpms telling them
> to ignore missing dependencies. At least not before I explore
> alternatives.

openSUSE 11.0 has the same problem. Do what I did: I installed the .bin
version ( not the rpm one ) and make the symlink and, is working...
With RPM, it can also work: just issue the --nodeps option and also
create the symlink

> I am also wondering why the citrix java client, which the citrix server
> claims can be used and will be loaded when used, does not work (in
> Firefox). Not much in terms of error messages. The java that shows up in
> about:plugins in Firefox is "GCJ Web Browser Plugin (using IcedTea)
> 1.3". Is that all the Java stuff I should be seeing in Firefox?

--
Rui Santos
http://www.ruisantos.com/

Veni, vidi, Linux!

Re: Citrix client for openSUSE 11.1

Markus Koßmann-3
Am Freitag, 30. Januar 2009 schrieb Roger Oberholtzer:
> I have just tried to install the 'latest' citrix linux client from
> citrix via an RPM. It requires /usr/lib/libXm.so.3, but 11.1 comes
> with /usr/lib/libXm.so.4. How have others sorted this? I need to access
> a web-based citrix server. Any advice on the best way on openSUSE 11.1?
There is a package called  openmotif22-libs which includes libXm.so.3.0.3

Re: Citrix client for openSUSE 11.1

Heinz Diehl
On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 05:07:11PM +0100, Roger Oberholtzer wrote:

> I have just tried to install the 'latest' citrix linux client from
> citrix via an RPM. It requires /usr/lib/libXm.so.3, but 11.1 comes
> with /usr/lib/libXm.so.4. How have others sorted this?

You have to install the openmotif package which contains these libs.
We run three machines which has to connect via the latest
citrix client regularly, it works flawlessly. Opensuse 11.0 and 11.1.

Helsing frå Noreg,
Heinz.

Re: Re: Citrix client for openSUSE 11.1

Roger Oberholtzer

On Jan 30, 2009, at 11:20 PM, Heinz Diehl wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 05:07:11PM +0100, Roger Oberholtzer wrote:
>
>> I have just tried to install the 'latest' citrix linux client from
>> citrix via an RPM. It requires /usr/lib/libXm.so.3, but 11.1 comes
>> with /usr/lib/libXm.so.4. How have others sorted this?
>
> You have to install the openmotif package which contains these libs.
> We run three machines which has to connect via the latest
> citrix client regularly, it works flawlessly. Opensuse 11.0 and 11.1.

I have openmotif installed. It has a different (newer) version of
libXm than citrix wants. So you must have done more than the default
install.

When I have the client installed (from the bin download from citrix) ,
firefox seems not to see it. The citrix server complains it is not
found, and it does not show up in the plugins page. What browser are
you using to run the citrix client?

--
Roger Oberholtzer

OPQ Systems / Ramböll RST

Ramböll Sverige AB
Kapellgränd 7
P.O. Box 4205
SE-102 65 Stockholm, Sweden

Office: Int +46 8-615 60 20
Mobile: Int +46 70-815 1696

And remember:

It is like talking about large city with all constructions finished.
Not impossible, but very unlikely.

Re: Re: Citrix client for openSUSE 11.1

Anders Johansson-4
On Saturday 31 January 2009 14:16:58 Roger Oberholtzer wrote:

> On Jan 30, 2009, at 11:20 PM, Heinz Diehl wrote:
> > On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 05:07:11PM +0100, Roger Oberholtzer wrote:
> >> I have just tried to install the 'latest' citrix linux client from
> >> citrix via an RPM. It requires /usr/lib/libXm.so.3, but 11.1 comes
> >> with /usr/lib/libXm.so.4. How have others sorted this?
> >
> > You have to install the openmotif package which contains these libs.
> > We run three machines which has to connect via the latest
> > citrix client regularly, it works flawlessly. Opensuse 11.0 and 11.1.
>
> I have openmotif installed. It has a different (newer) version of
> libXm than citrix wants. So you must have done more than the default
> install.

Install openmotif22-libs from the online repository. It's not on the DVD, but
it is available in the main online OSS repository

Anders

On Sat, Jan 31, 2009 at 02:16:58PM +0100, Roger Oberholtzer wrote:

> I have openmotif installed. It has a different (newer) version of libXm
> than citrix wants. So you must have done more than the default install.

You find the libraries you need to run the citrix client here:
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/openSUSE:/11.1/standard/x86_64/openmotif22-libs-32bit-2.2.4-137.72.x86_64.rpm
The same libs works for 11.0, too.

> What browser are you using to run the citrix client?

I do not use a browser, I run the client directly.
We are currently running the actual client which you find here:

http://www.citrix.com/English/SS/downloads/details.asp?downloadID=3323&productID=-1

As you can see here, this page shows "requires OpenMotif 2.2.x", and
these libs are in openmotif22-libs.

Re: Re: Re: Citrix client for openSUSE 11.1

Roger Oberholtzer
On Sat, 2009-01-31 at 15:30 +0100, Heinz Diehl wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 31, 2009 at 02:16:58PM +0100, Roger Oberholtzer wrote:
>
> > I have openmotif installed. It has a different (newer) version of libXm
> > than citrix wants. So you must have done more than the default install.
>
> You find the libraries you need to run the citrix client here:
> http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/openSUSE:/11.1/standard/x86_64/openmotif22-libs-32bit-2.2.4-137.72.x86_64.rpm
> The same libs works for 11.0, too.
>
> > What browser are you using to run the citrix client?
>
> I do not use a browser, I run the client directly.
> We are currently running the actual client which you find here:
>
> http://www.citrix.com/English/SS/downloads/details.asp?downloadID=3323&productID=-1
>
> As you can see here, this page shows "requires OpenMotif 2.2.x", and
> these libs are in openmotif22-libs.

OK. I have the openmotif22-libs sorted and have installed the Citrix
software via the RPM from the Citric download site
(ICAClient-10.6-1.i386.rpm).

When I go to our citrix web interface, I log in and then click on an
app, like explorer - but it is the same for all: I get a popup that
says:

        Error in ICA file:

        The line '<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C (stuff
                deleted) /strict.dtd">' was encountered before a
                section was found.

        Please contact your MetaFrame administrator.

In this case it is using the Java client.

If I try to use the native client, it asks me where to save the .ica
file. So it seems firefox does not know about this type of file. It lets
me save it to a file.

As you might guess, I am not a seasoned Citrix user. This is new to me.
So I cannot differentiate between Citrix and openSUSE issues - yet.

--
Roger Oberholtzer

OPQ Systems / Ramböll RST

Ramböll Sverige AB
Krukmakargatan 21
P.O. Box 17009
SE-104 62 Stockholm, Sweden

Office: Int +46 8-615 60 20
Mobile: Int +46 70-815 1696

--

"On two occasions I have been asked (by members of Parliament!),
'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures,
will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend
the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
  - Charles Babbage 1791-1871)
    English computer pioneer, philosopher

And remember:

It is like talking about a large city with all construction finished.
Not impossible, but very unlikely.

Re: Citrix client for openSUSE 11.1

Cristian Rodríguez
Ben Kevan escribió:

> have you tried making a symlink ?

No, he shouldnt try to, libraries have different SONAME for a reason.

--
"We have art in order not to die of the truth" - Friedrich Nietzsche

Cristian Rodríguez R.
Software Developer
Platform/OpenSUSE - Core Services
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH
Research & Development
http://www.opensuse.org/

On Wed, 2009-02-04 at 19:13 -0300, Cristian Rodríguez wrote:
> Ben Kevan escribió:
>
> > have you tried making a symlink ?
>
> No, he shouldnt try to, libraries have different SONAME for a reason.

I did not make the link. Instead, I found that there was an RPM with the
old lib, so I installed that.

I still cannot get Citrix to work via the linux or the java client. The
Linux client install seems not to install anything in Firefox so that it
is registered, making it hard for Firefox to use it. The java issue may
be related to one in another thread with a bank site that would not find
java. I will be trying that solution when I get a chance.

I really don't care which solution works. I just need access to a
timesheet app, or the folk in salary will start to hunt me down.

--
Roger Oberholtzer

OPQ Systems / Ramböll RST

Ramböll Sverige AB
Krukmakargatan 21
P.O. Box 17009
SE-104 62 Stockholm, Sweden

Office: Int +46 8-615 60 20
Mobile: Int +46 70-815 1696

Re: Citrix client for openSUSE 11.1

Dominique Leuenberger-2
>>> On 2/5/2009 at  8:26 AM, Roger Oberholtzer <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-02-04 at 19:13 -0300, Cristian Rodríguez wrote:
>> Ben Kevan escribió:
>>
>> > have you tried making a symlink ?
>>
>> No, he shouldnt try to, libraries have different SONAME for a reason.
>
> I did not make the link. Instead, I found that there was an RPM with the
> old lib, so I installed that.
>
> I still cannot get Citrix to work via the linux or the java client. The
> Linux client install seems not to install anything in Firefox so that it
> is registered, making it hard for Firefox to use it. The java issue may
> be related to one in another thread with a bank site that would not find
> java. I will be trying that solution when I get a chance.
>
> I really don't care which solution works. I just need access to a
> timesheet app, or the folk in salary will start to hunt me down.

Roger,

I installed the citrix client on  my 64bit openSUSE 11.1 (using zypper in <file.rpm>.. it solves dependencies for you.. as opposed to rpm where you
have to find them yourself).
It indeed does not do much in Firefox but I don't have a problem with this. In our environment I can get an ica file from the webinterface which you
can then feed to /usr/lib/ICAClient/wfica.sh (I selected open with program in Firefox, and then allways do for this type of file.. and it's almost
perfectly integrated like this).

Alternatively, you can start /usr/lib/ICAClient/wfcmgr and configure the citrix client to connect to your server and find the available applications.
Your admins might have information required.

Dominique

On Thu, 2009-02-05 at 09:35 +0100, Dominique Leuenberger wrote:

> I installed the citrix client on  my 64bit openSUSE 11.1 (using zypper in <file.rpm>.. it solves dependencies for you.. as opposed to rpm where you
> have to find them yourself).

I think the installation is no longer an issue. It is now to get it to
run!

> It indeed does not do much in Firefox but I don't have a problem with this. In our environment I can get an ica file from the webinterface which you
> can then feed to /usr/lib/ICAClient/wfica.sh (I selected open with program in Firefox, and then allways do for this type of file.. and it's almost
> perfectly integrated like this).

I did this as well. I then tried running the .ica file  I got a popup
that says:

"You have not chosen to trust "AAA Certificate Services", the issuer of
the server's security certificate (SSL error 61)."

Not sure why. Where would I say I trust it? Our citrix is accessed via
secure http (https:)

> Alternatively, you can start /usr/lib/ICAClient/wfcmgr and configure the citrix client to connect to your server and find the available applications.
> Your admins might have information required.

It is like pulling teeth getting this info.

--
Roger Oberholtzer

OPQ Systems / Ramböll RST

Ramböll Sverige AB
Krukmakargatan 21
P.O. Box 17009
SE-104 62 Stockholm, Sweden

Office: Int +46 8-615 60 20
Mobile: Int +46 70-815 1696

Re: Citrix client for openSUSE 11.1

Chuck Stuettgen-2

On Thu, 2009-02-05 at 08:26 +0100, Roger Oberholtzer wrote:

> On Wed, 2009-02-04 at 19:13 -0300, Cristian Rodríguez wrote:
> > Ben Kevan escribió:
> >
> > > have you tried making a symlink ?
> >
> > No, he shouldnt try to, libraries have different SONAME for a reason.
>
> I did not make the link. Instead, I found that there was an RPM with the
> old lib, so I installed that.
>
> I still cannot get Citrix to work via the linux or the java client. The
> Linux client install seems not to install anything in Firefox so that it
> is registered, making it hard for Firefox to use it. The java issue may
> be related to one in another thread with a bank site that would not find
> java. I will be trying that solution when I get a chance.
>
> I really don't care which solution works. I just need access to a
> timesheet app, or the folk in salary will start to hunt me down.
>
> --
> Roger Oberholtzer
>
> OPQ Systems / Ramböll RST
>
> Ramböll Sverige AB
> Krukmakargatan 21
> P.O. Box 17009
> SE-104 62 Stockholm, Sweden
>
> Office: Int +46 8-615 60 20
> Mobile: Int +46 70-815 1696

Roger,

I haven't tried this with 11.1 yet, (New HD for 11.1 should arrive
tomorrow), but this should work for getting the published applications
to work with Firefox.

If your company is using a self-signed root certificate on the Citrix
web server then to you need to do a few things.

1. You need to ask your Network administrator to give you a copy of the
trusted root certificate file.  It will be typically have a .cer file
extension.

2. Import the *.cer file into Firefox and make sure it shows up in the
Authorities tab in Firefox Certificate Manager.

3. As the root user, copy the *.cer file
to /usr/lib/ICAClient/keystore/cacerts/ folder.

4. Change to the /usr/lib/ICAClient/keystore/cacerts/ folder then issue
this command - chown root filename.cer

5. While still in the cacerts/ folder issue this command - chmod 444
filename.cer

6. Then mv filename.cer filename.crt

7. If the Citrix ICA plugin isn't showing up in the list of FireFox
plugins, about:plugins, then you will need to create a symlink
in /usr/lib/firefox/plugins/ to the npica.so plugin file
in /usr/lib/ICAClient/.  I don't remember if you will need to restart
Firefox, but it wouldn't hurt.

That should get you going.

On Thu, 2009-02-05 at 20:09 -0600, Chuck Stuettgen wrote:

> I haven't tried this with 11.1 yet, (New HD for 11.1 should arrive
> tomorrow), but this should work for getting the published applications
> to work with Firefox.
>
> If your company is using a self-signed root certificate on the Citrix
> web server then to you need to do a few things.
>
> 1. You need to ask your Network administrator to give you a copy of the
> trusted root certificate file.  It will be typically have a .cer file
> extension.
>
> 2. Import the *.cer file into Firefox and make sure it shows up in the
> Authorities tab in Firefox Certificate Manager.
>
> 3. As the root user, copy the *.cer file
> to /usr/lib/ICAClient/keystore/cacerts/ folder.
>
> 4. Change to the /usr/lib/ICAClient/keystore/cacerts/ folder then issue
> this command - chown root filename.cer

I have a certificate for this in Firefox. And I have told it to allow
that one for sites, mail and software. But I get the same message. I am
tempted to delete the certificate and see if I get a new try when I
access the web site again. I don't really want to mess up certificates
generally. So I am not sure if I should delete this one.

> 5. While still in the cacerts/ folder issue this command - chmod 444
> filename.cer
>
> 6. Then mv filename.cer filename.crt
>

> 7. If the Citrix ICA plugin isn't showing up in the list of FireFox
> plugins, about:plugins, then you will need to create a symlink
> in /usr/lib/firefox/plugins/ to the npica.so plugin file
> in /usr/lib/ICAClient/.  I don't remember if you will need to restart
> Firefox, but it wouldn't hurt.

I made this link and the browser now finds the plugin. So now if I click
on an application in the web interface, I see that the client starts.
However, I get the same message about the certificate.

--
Roger Oberholtzer

OPQ Systems / Ramböll RST

Ramböll Sverige AB
Krukmakargatan 21
P.O. Box 17009
SE-104 62 Stockholm, Sweden

Office: Int +46 8-615 60 20
Mobile: Int +46 70-815 1696

On Fri, 2009-02-06 at 11:23 +0100, Roger Oberholtzer wrote:

> On Thu, 2009-02-05 at 20:09 -0600, Chuck Stuettgen wrote:
>
> > I haven't tried this with 11.1 yet, (New HD for 11.1 should arrive
> > tomorrow), but this should work for getting the published applications
> > to work with Firefox.
> >
> > If your company is using a self-signed root certificate on the Citrix
> > web server then to you need to do a few things.
> >
> > 1. You need to ask your Network administrator to give you a copy of the
> > trusted root certificate file.  It will be typically have a .cer file
> > extension.
> >
> > 2. Import the *.cer file into Firefox and make sure it shows up in the
> > Authorities tab in Firefox Certificate Manager.
> >
> > 3. As the root user, copy the *.cer file
> > to /usr/lib/ICAClient/keystore/cacerts/ folder.
> >
> > 4. Change to the /usr/lib/ICAClient/keystore/cacerts/ folder then issue
> > this command - chown root filename.cer
>
> I have a certificate for this in Firefox. And I have told it to allow
> that one for sites, mail and software. But I get the same message. I am
> tempted to delete the certificate and see if I get a new try when I
> access the web site again. I don't really want to mess up certificates
> generally. So I am not sure if I should delete this one.

Did you do steps 3 thru 6?  On re-reading my reply, it may not be
apparent that there are three separate things that need to be done.

Step 2 you have done.

Steps 3 - 6 are necessary to make sure the Citrix client also recognize
the root cert.

Step 7 you have also done.

If you haven't done Steps 3 - 6 do those then give it a try.

On Feb 7, 2009, at 4:28 AM, Chuck Stuettgen wrote:

> On Fri, 2009-02-06 at 11:23 +0100, Roger Oberholtzer wrote:
>> On Thu, 2009-02-05 at 20:09 -0600, Chuck Stuettgen wrote:
>>
>>> I haven't tried this with 11.1 yet, (New HD for 11.1 should arrive
>>> tomorrow), but this should work for getting the published
>>> applications
>>> to work with Firefox.
>>>
>>> If your company is using a self-signed root certificate on the
>>> Citrix
>>> web server then to you need to do a few things.
>>>
>>> 1. You need to ask your Network administrator to give you a copy
>>> of the
>>> trusted root certificate file.  It will be typically have a .cer
>>> file
>>> extension.
>>>
>>> 2. Import the *.cer file into Firefox and make sure it shows up in
>>> the
>>> Authorities tab in Firefox Certificate Manager.
>>>
>>> 3. As the root user, copy the *.cer file
>>> to /usr/lib/ICAClient/keystore/cacerts/ folder.
>>>
>>> 4. Change to the /usr/lib/ICAClient/keystore/cacerts/ folder then
>>> issue
>>> this command - chown root filename.cer
>>
>> I have a certificate for this in Firefox. And I have told it to allow
>> that one for sites, mail and software. But I get the same message.
>> I am
>> tempted to delete the certificate and see if I get a new try when I
>> access the web site again. I don't really want to mess up
>> certificates
>> generally. So I am not sure if I should delete this one.
>>

> Did you do steps 3 thru 6?  On re-reading my reply, it may not be
> apparent that there are three separate things that need to be done.

But if there is a certificate listed in Firefox that has the same
name, wouldn't that be enough? I will contact the IT guys about this.
I just thought that the certificate already existed.

> Step 2 you have done.
>
> Steps 3 - 6 are necessary to make sure the Citrix client also
> recognize
> the root cert.
>
> Step 7 you have also done.
>
> If you haven't done Steps 3 - 6 do those then give it a try.

I will. But if I delete the certificate already there, wouldn't
Firefox ask me if I anted to accept the certificate next time I tried?

Roger Oberholtzer

OPQ Systems / Ramböll RST

Ramböll Sverige AB
Kapellgränd 7
P.O. Box 4205
SE-102 65 Stockholm, Sweden

Office: Int +46 8-615 60 20
Mobile: Int +46 70-815 1696

On Sat, 2009-02-07 at 21:40 +0100, Roger Oberholtzer wrote:

> On Feb 7, 2009, at 4:28 AM, Chuck Stuettgen wrote:

> >> I have a certificate for this in Firefox. And I have told it to allow
> >> that one for sites, mail and software. But I get the same message.
> >> I am
> >> tempted to delete the certificate and see if I get a new try when I
> >> access the web site again. I don't really want to mess up
> >> certificates
> >> generally. So I am not sure if I should delete this one.
> >>

> > Did you do steps 3 thru 6?  On re-reading my reply, it may not be
> > apparent that there are three separate things that need to be done.
>
> But if there is a certificate listed in Firefox that has the same
> name, wouldn't that be enough? I will contact the IT guys about this.
> I just thought that the certificate already existed.
>

> > Step 2 you have done.
> >
> > Steps 3 - 6 are necessary to make sure the Citrix client also
> > recognize
> > the root cert.
> >
> > Step 7 you have also done.
> >
> > If you haven't done Steps 3 - 6 do those then give it a try.
>
> I will. But if I delete the certificate already there, wouldn't
> Firefox ask me if I anted to accept the certificate next time I tried?

You don't need to delete the certificate.

Steps 3 - 6 don't have anything to do with Firefox.  They are needed so
the Citrix ICA client plug-in can use SSL.