Changing GNOME/GTK Python package devel projects to GNOME:Factory

Changing GNOME/GTK Python package devel projects to GNOME:Factory

todd rme
Most GNOME and GTK-related Python packages have GNOME:Factory as their
devel project.  There are a few, however, that still have
devel:languages:python as their devel project:

python-gnome
python-gnome-extras (recently removed from openSUSE:Factory)
python-gtk
python-gtksourceview
python-webkitgtk

As part of our general reorganization of Python packages, packages
that are of primary interest to a particular toolkit should live in
that toolkit's devel project.  However, the GNOME:Factory versions of
these packages link to the devel:languages:python packages, rather
than the openSUSE:Factory ones. So that means I cannot request a devel
project change myself.

Would it be possible with someone access to GNOME:Factory change the
link target of these five packages there to openSUSE:Factory (or break
the link in the case of python-gnome-extras) and then request a devel
project change for them to GNOME:Factory?

Thank you.

Re: Changing GNOME/GTK Python package devel projects to GNOME:Factory

jan matejek-4
hello,

On 14.8.2017 16:05, Todd Rme wrote:
> Most GNOME and GTK-related Python packages have GNOME:Factory as their
> devel project.  There are a few, however, that still have
> devel:languages:python as their devel project:
>
> python-gnome
> python-gnome-extras (recently removed from openSUSE:Factory)

I'm halfway through dropping python-gnome from Factory too ;)
It only relates to GNOME 2 and current packages should be using GI-based bindings.

Same is true for python-gtk, but GTK2 is at least actively kept alive in Factory and many packages
still depend on it. The list is negligible for python-gnome.

Of course, if GNOME:Factory wants the package, they can have it, otherwise I'll probably drop it
from d:l:py as well.

regards
m.

On Mon, Aug 14, 2017 at 12:25 PM, jan matejek <[hidden email]> wrote:

> hello,
>
> On 14.8.2017 16:05, Todd Rme wrote:
>> Most GNOME and GTK-related Python packages have GNOME:Factory as their
>> devel project.  There are a few, however, that still have
>> devel:languages:python as their devel project:
>>
>> python-gnome
>> python-gnome-extras (recently removed from openSUSE:Factory)
>
> I'm halfway through dropping python-gnome from Factory too ;)
> It only relates to GNOME 2 and current packages should be using GI-based bindings.
>
> Same is true for python-gtk, but GTK2 is at least actively kept alive in Factory and many packages
> still depend on it. The list is negligible for python-gnome.
>
> Of course, if GNOME:Factory wants the package, they can have it, otherwise I'll probably drop it
> from d:l:py as well.
>
> regards
> m.

We can't drop it from d:l:py because GNOME:Factory has d:l:py listed
as the devel project for their version. This will block us from
deleting it.