Change Origin in Debian/Ubuntu packages

Ralf Becker-2
To enable automatic update in Debian/Ubuntu the Origin of a package must
be specified.

Currently the origin of packages created with our private OBS (2.8.2)
instance is always:

    obs://build.opensuse.org/<project-name>/<repo>

Using that URL-stylite Origin is not possible for unattended updates.
As a workaround you can use a regular expression like "*<project-name>*".

Is there a way to override the default Origin in OBS?

Ralf

--
Ralf Becker
EGroupware GmbH [www.egroupware.org]

Re: Change Origin in Debian/Ubuntu packages

Stefan Seyfried
Am 02.02.2018 um 12:48 schrieb Ralf Becker:
> To enable automatic update in Debian/Ubuntu the Origin of a package must
> be specified.
>
> Currently the origin of packages created with our private OBS (2.8.2)
> instance is always:
>
>     obs://build.opensuse.org/<project-name>/<repo>

You probably should set $BSConfig::obsname to something resembling your
installation ;-)

> Using that URL-stylite Origin is not possible for unattended updates.
> As a workaround you can use a regular expression like "*<project-name>*".
>
> Is there a way to override the default Origin in OBS?

It seems the origin is partly hardcoded in src/backend/bs_publish line
744:
https://github.com/openSUSE/open-build-service/blob/2.8/src/backend/bs_publish#L744

So the only thing you can change without editing the publisher code is
$BSConfig::obsname (which defaults to build.opensue.org)
--
Stefan Seyfried