Can someone update the details on this Cacti documentation web page http://en.opensuse.org/Cacti as it needs updating.

doiggl
Hello,

I have some Questions:

1. Can someone update the details on this Cacti documentation web page
http://en.opensuse.org/Cacti as it needs updating.

2. Also what should the /srv/www/htdocs/index.html look like to use the
Cacti package with Apache2 and mysql?.

Reason for asking:
 Updated Cacti package and changes to directory locations.

Thankyou Glenn

 Steps I had to change content on mainly because of the updated Cacti
 package and changes to directory locations.

 old content: zypper ar
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/server:/monitoring/openSUSE_11.4/
server:monitoring
 new content: zypper ar
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/server:/monitoring/openSUSE_12.2/
server:monitoring

old content: zypper in cacti-PA cacti-PA-boost cacti-PA-clog
cacti-PA-cycle cacti-PA-discovery cacti-PA-docs cacti-PA cacti-PA-flowview
cacti-PA-hostinfo cacti-PA-loginmod cacti-PA-mactrack cacti-PA-monitor
cacti-PA-npc cacti-PA-ntop cacti-PA-realtime cacti-PA-routerconfigs
cacti-PA-settings cacti-PA-ssl cacti-PA-syslog cacti-PA-thold
cacti-PA-tools cacti-PA-update

new content: zypper in cacti-0.8.8a cacti-plugin-autom8 cacti-plugin-boost
cacti-plugin-clog cacti-plugin-cycle cacti-plugin-discovery
cacti-plugin-docs cacti-plugin-flowview cacti-plugin-hostinfo
cacti-plugin-loginmod cacti-plugin-mactrack cacti-plugin-monitor
cacti-plugin-npc cacti-plugin-ntop cacti-plugin-realtime
cacti-plugin-routerconfigs cacti-plugin-settings cacti-plugin-ssl
cacti-plugin-syslog cacti-plugin-thold cacti-plugin-tools
cacti-plugin-update

 # changed directory locations -all references

 old content: /usr/share/cacti/
 new content: /srv/www/cacti/

 old content: vim /usr/share/cacti/include/config.php
 new content: vim /srv/www/cacti/include/config.php

 old content: /usr/share/cacti/cacti.sql
 new content: /srv/www/cacti/cacti.sql

 old content: chown -R wwwrun:www /usr/share/cacti/
 new content: chown -R wwwrun:www /srv/www/cacti/

Re: Can someone update the details on this Cacti documentation web page http://en.opensuse.org/Cacti as it needs updating.

Freek de Kruijf-2
Op zaterdag 12 januari 2013 21:21:33 schreef [hidden email]:

> Hello,
>
> I have some Questions:
>
> 1. Can someone update the details on this Cacti documentation web page
> http://en.opensuse.org/Cacti as it needs updating.
>
> 2. Also what should the /srv/www/htdocs/index.html look like to use the
> Cacti package with Apache2 and mysql?.
>
> Reason for asking:
>  Updated Cacti package and changes to directory locations.
>
> Thankyou Glenn

Hello Glenn,

this is wiki, so you can easily update the information yourself. You are even
encouraged to do so. You only need to register, which is simple. Your changes
need approval after wards, but that should not keep you from making these
changes.

--
fr.gr.

Freek de Kruijf