Can I take advantage of the well translated SLED doc

Can I take advantage of the well translated SLED doc

Flashbang
Hello ,

I am now working on the translation of openSUSE doc.

I want to know if I can use the well translated SLED doc. For
example ,just doing copy and paste sometimes.

flerxu

Re: Can I take advantage of the well translated SLED doc

Juergen Weigert-2
> Subject: [opensuse-doc] Can I take advantage of the well translated SLED doc
>
> Hello ,
> I am now working on the translation of openSUSE doc.
>
> I want to know if I can use the well translated SLED doc. For
> example ,just doing copy and paste sometimes.

In general yes. If such documents coming from our dublin translation
services actually are reusable in an opensource context is not really
obvious. We use the license texts to indicate this.

For all newer versions, I'd expect that at least the english original
version is under the GFDL. Normally translators simply keep the license as
is.
If you point me to examples that you want to merge, then I will
double-check that everything is fine.

thanks,
        JW-

--