Can I play a dvd image?

Dave Plater
Hi, can anyone tell me how to play a dvd iso image as a dvd?
Thanks
Dave P

Re: Can I play a dvd image?

Bogdan Cristea
On Monday 23 February 2009 11:08:06 Dave Plater wrote:
> Hi, can anyone tell me how to play a dvd iso image as a dvd?
> Thanks
> Dave P

mount your iso image with
mount -t iso9660 -o loop iso_file /mount_point
then with Kaffeine, Open directory to the dir where the iso i mounted

Re: Can I play a dvd image?

C-29
>> Hi, can anyone tell me how to play a dvd iso image as a dvd?
>> Thanks
>> Dave P
>
> mount your iso image with
> mount -t iso9660 -o loop iso_file /mount_point
> then with Kaffeine, Open directory to the dir where the iso i mounted

Or, use AcetoneISO (in the openSUSE repos) to mount/play your DVD iso.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AcetoneISO
http://www.acetoneteam.org/

C.

Re: Can I play a dvd image?

Pete Connolly
On Monday 23 Feb 2009 09:08:06 Dave Plater wrote:
> Hi, can anyone tell me how to play a dvd iso image as a dvd?
> Thanks
> Dave P

Hi Dave

I use mplayer from the command line, works fine without mounting or any other
messing.

Cheers

Pete

Re: Can I play a dvd image?

Dominique Leuenberger-2
>>> On 2/23/2009 at 10:08, Dave Plater <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi, can anyone tell me how to play a dvd iso image as a dvd?
> Thanks
> Dave P

Sure you can:

vlc /my/pasth/to/file.iso

it even gives you full menus :)

Dominique

Re: Can I play a dvd image?

Dave Plater
Bogdan Cristea wrote:

> On Monday 23 February 2009 11:08:06 Dave Plater wrote:
>
>> Hi, can anyone tell me how to play a dvd iso image as a dvd?
>> Thanks
>> Dave P
>>

> mount your iso image with
> mount -t iso9660 -o loop iso_file /mount_point
> then with Kaffeine, Open directory to the dir where the iso i mounted

Thanks, works perfectly.
Regards
Dave P

Re: Can I play a dvd image?

Dave Plater
Clayton wrote:

>>> Hi, can anyone tell me how to play a dvd iso image as a dvd?
>>> Thanks
>>> Dave P
>>>
>> mount your iso image with
>> mount -t iso9660 -o loop iso_file /mount_point
>> then with Kaffeine, Open directory to the dir where the iso i mounted
>>

> Or, use AcetoneISO (in the openSUSE repos) to mount/play your DVD iso.
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AcetoneISO
> http://www.acetoneteam.org/
>
> C.

Thanks Clayton and everybody, I found a package furiusisomount in
packman that is the daemon tools of linux, especially for people like me
who are too lazy to mount from cli.
I had tried kaffeine before on a mounted iso but for some stupid reason
I never used the open directory menu item.
Regards
Dave P

Re: Can I play a dvd image?

Jim Henderson-4
On Mon, 23 Feb 2009 11:08:06 +0200, Dave Plater wrote:

> Hi, can anyone tell me how to play a dvd iso image as a dvd? Thanks
> Dave P

xine dvd://`pwd`/my_dvd_iso.iso

This works for me.

Jim

--
 Jim Henderson

Re: Can I play a dvd image?

Kai Ponte
Dave Plater wrote:

> Thanks Clayton and everybody, I found a package furiusisomount in
> packman that is the daemon tools of linux, especially for people like me
> who are too lazy to mount from cli.
> I had tried kaffeine before on a mounted iso but for some stupid reason
> I never used the open directory menu item.
> Regards
> Dave P

hey, thanks!

That is awesome to know. I fired up smart and installed the .11 version.

--
kai ponte

XCJNaWNyb3NvZnQgaXNuXCd0IGV2aWwsIHRo
ZXkganVzdCBtYWtlIHJlYWxseSBjcmFwcHkg
b3BlcmF0aW5nIHN5c3RlbXMuXCIgLSBMaW51
cyBUb3J2YWxkcw==

Re: Can I play a dvd image?

Dave Plater
After seeing the various command line options I tried opening an iso as
a file in kaffeine and vlc and both are capable of opening and playing
an iso of a dvd straight from the gui. This didn't work last time I
tried it so it's something thats crept into packman or suse unnoticed,
by me anyway.
Regards
Dave P

Re: Can I play a dvd image?

Kai Ponte
Dave Plater wrote:
> After seeing the various command line options I tried opening an iso as
> a file in kaffeine and vlc and both are capable of opening and playing
> an iso of a dvd straight from the gui. This didn't work last time I
> tried it so it's something thats crept into packman or suse unnoticed,
> by me anyway.
> Regards
> Dave P

Whatever works, tho!