Can I avoid plain text password in .oscrc?

Can I avoid plain text password in .oscrc?

Dave Plater lst
Hi, I see an option "keyring=" is there a way I can use key pairs
instead of plain text password for osc?
Thanks
Dave P

Re: Can I avoid plain text password in .oscrc?

Frank Schreiner-2
On Dienstag, 16. Mai 2017 06:28:21 CEST Dave Plater wrote:
> Hi, I see an option "keyring=" is there a way I can use key pairs
> instead of plain text password for osc?
> Thanks
> Dave P

Yes, described here:

https://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-buildservice/2017-03/msg00032.html

cheers
Frank

On 16/05/2017 06:39, Frank Schreiner wrote:

> On Dienstag, 16. Mai 2017 06:28:21 CEST Dave Plater wrote:
>> Hi, I see an option "keyring=" is there a way I can use key pairs
>> instead of plain text password for osc?
>> Thanks
>> Dave P
>
> Yes, described here:
>
> https://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-buildservice/2017-03/msg00032.html
>
> cheers
> Frank

I still end up with a plain text password, guess I'll have to live with
it for now.
Dave P

Re: Can I avoid plain text password in .oscrc?

Olaf Hering-2
Am Tue, 16 May 2017 06:28:21 +0200
schrieb Dave Plater <[hidden email]>:

> Hi, I see an option "keyring=" is there a way I can use key pairs
> instead of plain text password for osc?
> Thanks
> Dave P

Try this in oscrc:
[general]
use_keyring = 0
plaintext_passwd = 0
[https://api.opensuse.org]
user=olh
passx=Qwhatever

You need to temporary rename the URL section, then do "osc ls home:dplater", then restore the contents in oscrc.

Olaf

On 16/05/2017 16:19, Olaf Hering wrote:

> Am Tue, 16 May 2017 06:28:21 +0200
> schrieb Dave Plater <[hidden email]>:
>
>> Hi, I see an option "keyring=" is there a way I can use key pairs
>> instead of plain text password for osc?
>> Thanks
>> Dave P
>
> Try this in oscrc:
> [general]
> use_keyring = 0
> plaintext_passwd = 0
> [https://api.opensuse.org]
> user=olh
> passx=Qwhatever
>
> You need to temporary rename the URL section, then do "osc ls home:dplater", then restore the contents in oscrc.
>
> Olaf

Thanks Olaf, that's just what I wanted, the password now displays as a
long garbled string. It also changed my PM password without any editing.
Dave P