CPU / Network / HDD utilization wiogets stopped working

CPU / Network / HDD utilization wiogets stopped working

ASSI

After the latest Plasma/KDE uopdate these widgets have stopped working
(and changed their default config to pie charts, which were previously
not available).  There are no available Sensors listed in the respective
configuration tab to select from, so I guess that some other package is
missing?

Regards,
Achim.

Samples for the Waldorf Blofeld:

Re: CPU / Network / HDD utilization wiogets stopped working

Wolfgang Bauer
Am Freitag, 12. Juni 2020, 21:11:52 schrieb Achim Gratz:
> After the latest Plasma/KDE uopdate these widgets have stopped working
> (and changed their default config to pie charts, which were previously
> not available).  There are no available Sensors listed in the respective
> configuration tab to select from, so I guess that some other package is
> missing?
There was a bug in ksysguard 5.19.0 that apparently caused the plasmoids to
stop working.
A hot-fix release (5.19.0.1) was made to fix that, should be in the next
Tumbleweed snapshot.

Hopefully that will fix your problem.

Kind Regards,
Wolfgang

Am Freitag, 12. Juni 2020, 22:02:02 schrieb Wolfgang Bauer:

> Am Freitag, 12. Juni 2020, 21:11:52 schrieb Achim Gratz:
> > After the latest Plasma/KDE uopdate these widgets have stopped working
> > (and changed their default config to pie charts, which were previously
> > not available).  There are no available Sensors listed in the respective
> > configuration tab to select from, so I guess that some other package is
> > missing?
>
> There was a bug in ksysguard 5.19.0 that apparently caused the plasmoids to
> stop working.
> A hot-fix release (5.19.0.1) was made to fix that, should be in the next
> Tumbleweed snapshot.
>
> Hopefully that will fix your problem.

FYI, the new snapshot has just been released, and it does contain the
mentioned fix, according to the announcement mail.

If you still see the problem after updating (and logout/login to be sure),
please file a bug report upstream at bugs.kde.org.
Thanks.

Kind Regards,
Wolfgang

Wolfgang Bauer writes:
> FYI, the new snapshot has just been released, and it does contain the
> mentioned fix, according to the announcement mail.

Yes it does.  You still have to change all configurations for anything
to get back to working state.  Plasmashell likes to crash unless you do
the configuration in a certain order.  Somehow the KDE folks managed to
make these widgets even less useful than the last time they changed
everything (and they also completely messed up the special windows /
applications settings dialog)… :-(

Regards,
Achim.