CAnt burn iso dvd's

Re: list settings wrong

Henne Vogelsang-3
Hi,

on 04/27/2009 05:04 PM Carl Spitzer wrote:

> Here is a full header showing the loss of the authors email address
> which makes a proper reply impossible.  the backup email addresses do
> not have this problem.
> From: opensuse+bounces-88397-cwsiv=[hidden email]

I see your problem. Something exchanged the From header in that
email with the address from the Return-Path. I can assure you that this
is not one on our end.

Henne

--
ml-admin
http://www.opensuse.org

RE: list settings wrong

Philip Dowie

> From: opensuse+bounces-88397-cwsiv=[hidden email]

s/opensuse\+bounces-\d+-([^=]+)=([^@]+)@opensuse.org/\1@\2/

ie, [hidden email]

no information is lost, merely translated in such a way that when the bounce occurs, who caused it can be determined (by the same mechanism as above, more or less (probably something a little more elegant)

RE: list settings wrong

Per Jessen-2
Philip Dowie wrote:

>> From: opensuse+bounces-88397-cwsiv=[hidden email]
>
> s/opensuse\+bounces-\d+-([^=]+)=([^@]+)@opensuse.org/\1@\2/
>
> ie, [hidden email]
>
> no information is lost, merely translated in such a way that when the
> bounce occurs, who caused it can be determined (by the same mechanism
> as above, more or less (probably something a little more elegant)

The bounce address should not be in the From: header.  Someone or
something clearly molested Carls email - looks like maybe the original
From: was put into X-X-Sender ?

/Per

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (9.5°C)

Re: list settings wrong

Patrick Shanahan-2
* Per Jessen <[hidden email]> [04-28-09 01:44]:

> The bounce address should not be in the From: header.  Someone or
> something clearly molested Carls email - looks like maybe the original
> From: was put into X-X-Sender ?

"probably" an errant evolution filter??
--
Patrick Shanahan         Plainfield, Indiana, USA        HOG # US1244711
http://wahoo.no-ip.org     Photo Album:  http://wahoo.no-ip.org/gallery2

Re: list settings wrong [FIXED]

Carl Spitzer-9
On Sat, 2009-04-25 at 03:19 -0500, Rajko M. wrote:
> Problem fixed in off list email, please don't answer to this one.

The problem still exists.  the From: header is being changed.  Only the
backup subscriptions are working.  I even tried unsubscribing and
resubscribing.  I still have received NO response from Messaging
Architects which owns and runs MyRealBox.  At least Novell fixed these
problems .

CWSIV