Beware of dead packages...

Michael Schroeder-4

Hi builders,

we changed the code so that a package exists in a project iff
there is a meta file (i.e. package.xml exists). The former
implementation was that a package existed iff it was in the
package list in the project's meta file.

Because of this you may experience that some packages that
you thought deleted show up again. Just delete them again.

Sorry for the inconvenience,
  Michael.

--
Michael Schroeder                                   [hidden email]

Re: Beware of dead packages...

CyberOrg
On 8/9/06, Michael Schroeder <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Because of this you may experience that some packages that
> you thought deleted show up again. Just delete them again.

How do we delete the packages?

There are 11 packages in my project of which one needs to be deleted.
Build monitor shows 17, while it should be showing only 11. I need to
delete 7 of them.

Apart from that, is build service down? as most of the packages in my
project are still scheduled/blocked since yesterday.

Cheers!

-J

Re: Beware of dead packages...

Bugzilla from mail@cynapses.org
Jigish Gohil wrote:

> On 8/9/06, Michael Schroeder <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Because of this you may experience that some packages that
>> you thought deleted show up again. Just delete them again.
>>

> How do we delete the packages?
>
> There are 11 packages in my project of which one needs to be deleted.
> Build monitor shows 17, while it should be showing only 11. I need to
> delete 7 of them.

On my project, deleted packages are scheduled for building too.

> Apart from that, is build service down? as most of the packages in my
> project are still scheduled/blocked since yesterday.

The build service has been updated on Tuesday with new bugs, arrr I mean
features ;)

> Cheers!
>
> -J

 -- andreas

Re: Beware of dead packages...

Adrian Schröter
Am Thursday 10 August 2006 11:07 schrieb Andreas 'GlaDiaC' Schneider:

> Jigish Gohil wrote:
> > On 8/9/06, Michael Schroeder <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >> Because of this you may experience that some packages that
> >> you thought deleted show up again. Just delete them again.
> >
> > How do we delete the packages?
> >
> > There are 11 packages in my project of which one needs to be deleted.
> > Build monitor shows 17, while it should be showing only 11. I need to
> > delete 7 of them.
>
> On my project, deleted packages are scheduled for building too.
>
> > Apart from that, is build service down? as most of the packages in my
> > project are still scheduled/blocked since yesterday.
>
> The build service has been updated on Tuesday with new bugs, arrr I mean
> features ;)

No, the problem was actually a bugfix. It scheduled about 900 packages to be
build and we have only a part of our build power running.

I hope to have the build power full enabled tomorrow evening.

--

Adrian Schroeter
SUSE Linux Products GmbH,  Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nuernberg, Germany