Backports:SLE-12 ...

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
17 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Backports:SLE-12 ...

Christian
Hi,

trying to understand the "Backports:SLE-12" projects.
As far as I found out ... I need to add "openSUSE:Backports:SLE-12" on
my SLES 12 SP2 to get phpMyAdmin ...

AM I right that I need to 'ALL' (current SP and lower) Backports to have
access to all packages ?

e.g. on SLES 12 SP2 I need to add ?:
- openSUSE:Backports:SLE-12
- openSUSE:Backports:SLE-12-SP1
- openSUSE:Backports:SLE-12-SP1:Update
- openSUSE:Backports:SLE-12-SP2
- openSUSE:Backports:SLE-12-SP2:Update

or just:
- openSUSE:Backports:SLE-12
- openSUSE:Backports:SLE-12-SP1:Update
- openSUSE:Backports:SLE-12-SP2:Update

thanks for clarification :)

--

Christian
------------------------------------------------------------
   https://join.worldcommunitygrid.org?recruiterId=177038
------------------------------------------------------------
           http://www.sc24.de - Sportbekleidung
------------------------------------------------------------


signature.asc (484 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Backports:SLE-12 ...

Christian
Am 26.11.2017 um 21:41 schrieb Christian:
> AM I right that I need to 'ALL' (current SP and lower) Backports to have
> access to all packages ?

got it now ... I just need to add the 'PackageHub' ;)

--

Christian
------------------------------------------------------------
   https://join.worldcommunitygrid.org?recruiterId=177038
------------------------------------------------------------
           http://www.sc24.de - Sportbekleidung
------------------------------------------------------------


signature.asc (484 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Backports:SLE-12 ...

Andreas Schwab
In reply to this post by Christian
On Nov 26 2017, Christian <[hidden email]> wrote:

> AM I right that I need to 'ALL' (current SP and lower) Backports to have
> access to all packages ?
>
> e.g. on SLES 12 SP2 I need to add ?:
> - openSUSE:Backports:SLE-12
> - openSUSE:Backports:SLE-12-SP1
> - openSUSE:Backports:SLE-12-SP1:Update
> - openSUSE:Backports:SLE-12-SP2
> - openSUSE:Backports:SLE-12-SP2:Update
>
> or just:
> - openSUSE:Backports:SLE-12
> - openSUSE:Backports:SLE-12-SP1:Update
> - openSUSE:Backports:SLE-12-SP2:Update

You only need openSUSE:Backports:SLE-12-SP2.  That has both
openSUSE:Backports:SLE-12-SP2:Update and openSUSE:Backports:SLE-12-SP1
in its repository path.

Andreas.

--
Andreas Schwab, [hidden email]
GPG Key fingerprint = 58CA 54C7 6D53 942B 1756  01D3 44D5 214B 8276 4ED5
"And now for something completely different."
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Backports:SLE-12 ...

Andreas Stieger-2


On 11/27/2017 12:07 AM, Andreas Schwab wrote:

> On Nov 26 2017, Christian <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> AM I right that I need to 'ALL' (current SP and lower) Backports to have
>> access to all packages ?
>>
>> e.g. on SLES 12 SP2 I need to add ?:
>> - openSUSE:Backports:SLE-12
>> - openSUSE:Backports:SLE-12-SP1
>> - openSUSE:Backports:SLE-12-SP1:Update
>> - openSUSE:Backports:SLE-12-SP2
>> - openSUSE:Backports:SLE-12-SP2:Update
>>
>> or just:
>> - openSUSE:Backports:SLE-12
>> - openSUSE:Backports:SLE-12-SP1:Update
>> - openSUSE:Backports:SLE-12-SP2:Update
> You only need openSUSE:Backports:SLE-12-SP2.  That has both
> openSUSE:Backports:SLE-12-SP2:Update and openSUSE:Backports:SLE-12-SP1
> in its repository path.

Actually Chris was asking about run-time. So for using PackageHub on
SLES the supported method is to enable it as documented:
https://packagehub.suse.com/how-to-use/

Andreas

--
Andreas Stieger <[hidden email]>
Project Manager Security
SUSE Linux GmbH, GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Graham Norton,
HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)

--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Backports:SLE-12 ...

Christian
In reply to this post by Andreas Schwab
Am 27.11.2017 um 00:07 schrieb Andreas Schwab:
> You only need openSUSE:Backports:SLE-12-SP2.  That has both
> openSUSE:Backports:SLE-12-SP2:Update and openSUSE:Backports:SLE-12-SP1
> in its repository path.

So if I want to prepare packages that should end up in Backports (e.g.
certbot, fail2ban) I should make use of openSUSE:Backports:SLE-12-SP2 ?

--

Christian
------------------------------------------------------------
   https://join.worldcommunitygrid.org?recruiterId=177038
------------------------------------------------------------
           http://www.sc24.de - Sportbekleidung
------------------------------------------------------------


signature.asc (484 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Backports:SLE-12 ...

Christian
In reply to this post by Andreas Stieger-2
Am 27.11.2017 um 11:01 schrieb Andreas Stieger:
> Actually Chris was asking about run-time. So for using PackageHub on
> SLES the supported method is to enable it as documented:
> https://packagehub.suse.com/how-to-use/

Thanks Andreras ... PackageHub was the name I was looking for.
And I must admit that it ws a great idea to name it
 Backports
inside obs and
 PackageHub
inside SLE(S)

--

Christian
------------------------------------------------------------
   https://join.worldcommunitygrid.org?recruiterId=177038
------------------------------------------------------------
           http://www.sc24.de - Sportbekleidung
------------------------------------------------------------


signature.asc (484 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Backports:SLE-12 ...

Andreas Stieger-2
In reply to this post by Christian


On 11/27/2017 12:33 PM, Christian wrote:
> So if I want to prepare packages that should end up in Backports (e.g.
> certbot, fail2ban) I should make use of openSUSE:Backports:SLE-12-SP2 ?

See
https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Backports_Package_Submission_Process

Amdreas

--
Andreas Stieger <[hidden email]>
Project Manager Security
SUSE Linux GmbH, GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Graham Norton,
HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)

--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Backports:SLE-12 ...

Christian
Am 27.11.2017 um 13:02 schrieb Andreas Stieger:
> See
> https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Backports_Package_Submission_Process
hmm ...

from where should I know if 'certbot' needs SP1, SP2 or SP3 ?
same question for 'fail2ban' ...

can you help ?

--

Christian
------------------------------------------------------------
   https://join.worldcommunitygrid.org?recruiterId=177038
------------------------------------------------------------
           http://www.sc24.de - Sportbekleidung
------------------------------------------------------------


signature.asc (484 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Backports:SLE-12 ...

Andreas Stieger-2


On 11/27/2017 04:29 PM, Christian wrote:
> Am 27.11.2017 um 13:02 schrieb Andreas Stieger:
>> See
>> https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Backports_Package_Submission_Process
> hmm ...
>
> from where should I know if 'certbot' needs SP1, SP2 or SP3 ?
> same question for 'fail2ban' ...
>
> can you help ?

I noted on the page:

The following default target exists:

    openSUSE:Backports:SLE-12 (SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 "GA" release)

The default target should be used for building and submitting all new
packages. If a package requires a later service pack to build, use a
higher one.


Use the lowest one that works, starting with openSUSE:Backports:SLE-12.


Andreas

--
Andreas Stieger <[hidden email]>
Project Manager Security
SUSE Linux GmbH, GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Graham Norton,
HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)

--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Backports:SLE-12 ...

Christian
Am 27.11.2017 um 16:41 schrieb Andreas Stieger:
> The following default target exists:
>
>     openSUSE:Backports:SLE-12 (SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 "GA" release)
>
> The default target should be used for building and submitting all new
> packages. If a package requires a later service pack to build, use a
> higher one.
I tried to find out what 'extra' packages' are need to build 'certbot'
for Backports ... here:
https://build.opensuse.org/project/show/home:computersalat:devel:Backports

now I stuck cause of dependencies which end up in needing 'python-numpy'
which is 'excluded' ...

can you help ?
Thank you

--

Christian
------------------------------------------------------------
   https://join.worldcommunitygrid.org?recruiterId=177038
------------------------------------------------------------
           http://www.sc24.de - Sportbekleidung
------------------------------------------------------------


signature.asc (484 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Backports:SLE-12 ...

Andreas Stieger-2
Hi,

On 12/03/2017 03:38 PM, Christian wrote:
> I tried to find out what 'extra' packages' are need to build 'certbot'
> for Backports ... here:
> https://build.opensuse.org/project/show/home:computersalat:devel:Backports
>
> now I stuck cause of dependencies which end up in needing 'python-numpy'
> which is 'excluded' ...

This is not different from any other project where you would need to
make your build dependencies available. The problem with python-numpy is
not specific to the openSUSE:Backports:* tree (you copied multibuild
sources from somwhere)

You will not be able to submit python-numpy into the PackageHub because
the package is already in SLES 12.

Andreas

--
Andreas Stieger <[hidden email]>
Project Manager Security
SUSE Linux GmbH, GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Graham Norton,
HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Backports:SLE-12 ...

Christian
Am 03.12.2017 um 15:49 schrieb Andreas Stieger:
> You will not be able to submit python-numpy into the PackageHub because
> the package is already in SLES 12.

why do I get a missing dependency of 'python-numpy' then ?

--

Christian
------------------------------------------------------------
   https://join.worldcommunitygrid.org?recruiterId=177038
------------------------------------------------------------
           http://www.sc24.de - Sportbekleidung
------------------------------------------------------------


signature.asc (484 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Backports:SLE-12 ...

Andreas Stieger-2


On 12/03/2017 03:58 PM, Christian wrote:
> Am 03.12.2017 um 15:49 schrieb Andreas Stieger:
>> You will not be able to submit python-numpy into the PackageHub because
>> the package is already in SLES 12.
>
> why do I get a missing dependency of 'python-numpy' then ?

home:computersalat:devel:Backports/certbot does not show this message.
You should not build like you are building in this project. You are
building against devel:languages:python. Can you please refer to the
packagehub developer docs for a meaningful (in terms of complete results
of missing stuff) build?

Andreas

--
Andreas Stieger <[hidden email]>
Project Manager Security
SUSE Linux GmbH, GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Graham Norton,
HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Backports:SLE-12 ...

Christian
Am 03.12.2017 um 17:11 schrieb Andreas Stieger:
> home:computersalat:devel:Backports/certbot does not show this message.
> You should not build like you are building in this project. You are
> building against devel:languages:python. Can you please refer to the
> packagehub developer docs for a meaningful (in terms of complete results
> of missing stuff) build?

Can you please check and verify if I am on the right way ?
here:
https://build.opensuse.org/project/show/home:computersalat:branches:openSUSE:Backports:SLE-12-SP2

but as fas as I see now ... there are same packages missing as in the
project before ... tons of packages.

Is this correct ?
Does certbot have so many deps which are not available in SLES 12 ?

--

Christian
------------------------------------------------------------
   https://join.worldcommunitygrid.org?recruiterId=177038
------------------------------------------------------------
           http://www.sc24.de - Sportbekleidung
------------------------------------------------------------


signature.asc (484 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Backports:SLE-12 ...

Andreas Stieger-2


On 12/04/2017 03:00 PM, Christian wrote:
> Can you please check and verify if I am on the right way ?
> here:
> https://build.opensuse.org/project/show/home:computersalat:branches:openSUSE:Backports:SLE-12-SP2

Yes looks good.

> but as fas as I see now ... there are same packages missing as in the
> project before ... tons of packages.
>
> Is this correct ?
> Does certbot have so many deps which are not available in SLES 12 ?

Yes they appear to be missing for certbot and would need to be included
in the incident, including any transient dependencies.

Note that if you are having issues with the openSUSE:Factory version of
a particular python package, with the python3 singlespec conversion and
all, it is also acceptable to submit with sources matching
openSUSE:Leap:42.3:Update, if maintained there.

Andreas

--
Andreas Stieger <[hidden email]>
Project Manager Security
SUSE Linux GmbH, GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Graham Norton,
HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)


--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Backports:SLE-12 ...

Christian
Am 04.12.2017 um 15:22 schrieb Andreas Stieger:
> Yes they appear to be missing for certbot and would need to be included
> in the incident, including any transient dependencies.
looks like a 'Sisyphus job' :(
Any help adding missing packages is very welcome :)

>
> Note that if you are having issues with the openSUSE:Factory version of
> a particular python package, with the python3 singlespec conversion and
> all, it is also acceptable to submit with sources matching
> openSUSE:Leap:42.3:Update, if maintained there.

I will try ... hopefully I am allowed to come back if I need help.


--

Christian
------------------------------------------------------------
   https://join.worldcommunitygrid.org?recruiterId=177038
------------------------------------------------------------
           http://www.sc24.de - Sportbekleidung
------------------------------------------------------------


signature.asc (484 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Backports:SLE-12 ...

Christian
In reply to this post by Andreas Stieger-2
Am 03.12.2017 um 15:49 schrieb Andreas Stieger:
> You will not be able to submit python-numpy into the PackageHub because
> the package is already in SLES 12.

https://build.opensuse.org/project/show/home:computersalat:branches:openSUSE:Backports:SLE-12-SP2
Now I am running again into this problem. I tried to 'resolv' all
'unresolvable' ...
ONe of these is 'python-tqdm' which requires python-pandas.
python-pandas requires python-numpy-devel >= 1.9.0

Anotherone is python-pylint which requires python3-tk. But I can't find
python-tk nowhere, even not in devel:languages:python.

further on python-wheel is failing cause of a not owned dir. Should this
dir be owned by this python package ?

Thanks for helping :)

--

Christian
------------------------------------------------------------
   https://join.worldcommunitygrid.org?recruiterId=177038
------------------------------------------------------------
           http://www.sc24.de - Sportbekleidung
------------------------------------------------------------


signature.asc (484 bytes) Download Attachment