Another (small) problem with 10.2rc1

TobyEggitt
I've just noticed another change with 10.2rc1 (from 10.1) that's rather frustrating.

It used to be that my .profile file would be executed on login, but this no longer appears to be the case.

What's happened? What should I do to have things executed once on login (I don't want to use .bashrc, as that would have things executed with every new shell, and that's too much).

Thanks,
Simon

"You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions." — Naguib Mahfouz

Re: Another (small) problem with 10.2rc1

Aveek Bhattacharya-2
Simon Roberts wrote:
> It used to be that my .profile file would be executed on login, but
> this no longer appears to be the case.

Try creating a symlink to .profile called .bash_profile. (Since you
spoke of bashrc, I assume that you are using bash.)

Aveek Bhattacharya
IIT Bombay

RE: Another (small) problem with 10.2rc1

Greg Wallace-2
On Wednesday, November 29, 2006 @ 4:19 PM, Simon Roberts wrote:

>I've just noticed another change with 10.2rc1 (from 10.1) that's rather
>frustrating.

>It used to be that my .profile file would be executed on login, but this no
>longer appears to be the case.

>What's happened? What should I do to have things executed once on login (I
>don't want to use .bashrc, as that would have things executed with every
>new shell, and that's too much).

>Thanks,
>Simon

This is most definitely a bug.  Please report it in Bugzilla.

Greg Wallace