Announcement: this list is closing per 13/7/2018

Announcement: this list is closing per 13/7/2018

Per Jessen-2
Dear list users,

due to the fact that this list hasn't been used for over a
year, this list will be archived and closed. Please find the current mailing
lists at https://lists.opensuse.org.

The list will remain open until Friday 13 July 2018.

Goodbye, see you on the other lists, forums, IRC or social media.

Best regards
the openSUSE Board, on behalf of the community

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (18.1°C)
Member, openSUSE Heroes

Re: Announcement: this list is closing per 13/7/2018

Stefan Knorr
Hi all,

As discussions on this list usually centered around documentation
translations, I would suggest to continue discussions on the
opensuse-translation list.

Stefan.

--
SUSE Linux GmbH. Geschäftsführer: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard,    .
Graham Norton. HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg).

Re: Announcement: this list is closing per 13/7/2018

Christian Boltz-5
Hello,

Am Freitag, 13. Juli 2018, 11:51:42 CEST schrieb Stefan Knorr:
> As discussions on this list usually centered around documentation
> translations, I would suggest to continue discussions on the
> opensuse-translation list.

Actually we took the recent activity on opensuse-doc as a reason not to
close it - our goal is to close only unused, "superfluous" lists ;-)
(Sorry, I should have written about that as a follow-up of Per's mail.)

If you still think closing this list and moving over to opensuse-
translation is the better idea, please tell me ;-)

Regards,

Christian Boltz
--
Das wird mit TCPA alles vorbei sein. Nicht, dass Windows dann stabiler
läuft, aber auch die Abstürze sind zertifiziert.

On 13/07/18 12:30, Christian Boltz wrote:
> Actually we took the recent activity on opensuse-doc as a reason not to
> close it - our goal is to close only unused, "superfluous" lists ;-)
> (Sorry, I should have written about that as a follow-up of Per's mail.)
>
> If you still think closing this list and moving over to opensuse-
> translation is the better idea, please tell me ;-)

Ultimately, I am not sure if we really need this list in addition to
opensuse-translation. I somewhat like the idea of uncluttering
lists.opensuse.org a bit and steering people to more active lists.
I have no strong opinion on this though.

We had a bit of a discussion internally in the SUSE documentation team
and there were no objections to having the list closed. Again, no strong
pro/con opinions.

However, if there are community members that feel that this list
fulfills a worthwhile purpose beyond the scope of os-translation, please
speak up ~now.

Stefan.

--
SUSE Linux GmbH. Geschäftsführer: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard,    .
Graham Norton. HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg).

Re: Announcement: this list is closing per 13/7/2018

Yunhe Guo
I forwarded the notice to openSUSE Chinese user group in IRC and
Telegram a week ago (mostly Simplified Chinese users, not much
Traditional Chinese users). We have an active community on other
channels: IRC, Telegram and forum. So this mail list is not important
anymore. Nobody against the decision of closing mail list (most even
don't know we have such a mail list), as long as you keep old
archives.

So at least for Simplified Chinese users, it is okay to do so.
Stefan Knorr <[hidden email]> 于2018年7月13日周五 下午1:25写道:

> Hi,
>
> On 13/07/18 12:30, Christian Boltz wrote:
> > Actually we took the recent activity on opensuse-doc as a reason not to
> > close it - our goal is to close only unused, "superfluous" lists ;-)
> > (Sorry, I should have written about that as a follow-up of Per's mail.)
> >
> > If you still think closing this list and moving over to opensuse-
> > translation is the better idea, please tell me ;-)
>
> Ultimately, I am not sure if we really need this list in addition to
> opensuse-translation. I somewhat like the idea of uncluttering
> lists.opensuse.org a bit and steering people to more active lists.
> I have no strong opinion on this though.
>
> We had a bit of a discussion internally in the SUSE documentation team
> and there were no objections to having the list closed. Again, no strong
> pro/con opinions.
>
> However, if there are community members that feel that this list
> fulfills a worthwhile purpose beyond the scope of os-translation, please
> speak up ~now.
>

> Stefan.
>
> --
> SUSE Linux GmbH. Geschäftsführer: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard,    .
> Graham Norton. HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg).

--
郭云鹤/Guo Yunhe

Re: Announcement: this list is closing per 13/7/2018

Karl Cheng
On 7 July 2018 at 01:17,  <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Dear list users,
>
> due to the fact that this list hasn't been used for over a
> year, this list will be archived and closed. Please find the current mailing
> lists at https://lists.opensuse.org.

I would support removing this list, as it receives very little usage
and creates unnecessary clutter and confusion.

Also, most topics around documentation can also be sent to other
lists. For example, high level topics about documentation can be done
on opensuse-project. General advice on how something works (to add to
docs) can be done on the normal lists.

--
- Karl Cheng (Qantas94Heavy)

Re: Announcement: this list is closing per 13/7/2018

Sven Seeberg
Hi all,

On 07/14/2018 05:05 AM, Karl Cheng wrote:
> Also, most topics around documentation can also be sent to other
> lists. For example, high level topics about documentation can be done
> on opensuse-project. General advice on how something works (to add to
> docs) can be done on the normal lists.

and don't forget that we can have content discussions on
http://bugzilla.opensuse.org/ and for pull requests in the
github.com/suse/doc-ses repository.

Cheers
--
Sven Seeberg-Elverfeldt
Technical Writer

Am Samstag, 14. Juli 2018, 05:05:50 CEST schrieb Karl Cheng:
> I would support removing this list, as it receives very little usage
> and creates unnecessary clutter and confusion.

Thanks everybody for the feedback.

Since the general opinion is that we can close this list, I'll tell Per
to shut it down as planned originally.

Regards,

Christian Boltz
--
<wxl> call him up!
<wxl> "john! john! i'm an ubuntu member!!!"