Advanced discontinuation notice for openSUSE 13.2

Advanced discontinuation notice for openSUSE 13.2

Marcus Meissner
Hi,

With the release of openSUSE Leap 42.2 the SUSE support of openSUSE 13.2 will
be ending in 2 months, around January 16th.

Please check https://en.opensuse.org/Lifetime for lifetime information.

Ciao, Marcus for the openSUSE Maintenance Team

Re: [security-announce] Advanced discontinuation notice for openSUSE 13.2

Gil Weber
Marcus, thanks for this notice. Quick question as I am a neophyte now
running 13.2.

Once I upgrade to Leap 42.1 do I need to do anything to continue
receiving updates from this list? Currently I do see security notices
for 13.2 and 42.1 (zypper commands) plus a lot of other releases.

Will those notices continue to come to me in my e-mail without my
having to make any changes -- the only difference being that the
notices for 13.2 will no longer appear?

Am I understanding this correctly?

Thanks.  :o)
Gil

On Thu, 17 Nov 2016 09:20:21 +0100
Marcus Meissner <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> With the release of openSUSE Leap 42.2 the SUSE support of openSUSE
> 13.2 will be ending in 2 months, around January 16th.
>
> Please check https://en.opensuse.org/Lifetime for lifetime
> information.
>
> Ciao, Marcus for the openSUSE Maintenance Team

Re: [security-announce] Advanced discontinuation notice for openSUSE 13.2

Patrick Shanahan-2
* Gil Weber <[hidden email]> [11-21-16 09:33]:

> Marcus, thanks for this notice. Quick question as I am a neophyte now
> running 13.2.
>
> Once I upgrade to Leap 42.1 do I need to do anything to continue
> receiving updates from this list? Currently I do see security notices
> for 13.2 and 42.1 (zypper commands) plus a lot of other releases.
>
> Will those notices continue to come to me in my e-mail without my
> having to make any changes -- the only difference being that the
> notices for 13.2 will no longer appear?
>
> Am I understanding this correctly?

Not Marcus, but...

your subscribed email has absolutely no dependency on your operating
system past personal preference.  Updating your os will/should not stop
you receiving mail from opensus-announce or opensuse-security-announce
lists.
Photos: http://wahoo.no-ip.org/gallery2      Registered Linux User #207535
Photos: http://wahoo.no-ip.org/piwigo                 @ http://linuxcounter.net