ACL

Martin Love
Hi All,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this question, but here goes.

I'm currently studying for my SLES 9 exam and have been using the self study
guide..

I'm trying to go through the LiveFire exercise, but I'm stuck. I have spent
all day on these 2 paragraphs.. and I mean all day.. Since 09:00 GTM till
now.

I have searched the web and reread the section on the study guides, but still
cant work it out.

Here are the 2 paragraphs :-

Set the mode on the directory /export/project so that the group owner is
migration and user/group/other can read and write to this directory.

Set the permission so that when a file is created in the
directory /export/project the group migration is automatically assigned as
the group owner.

The directory /export/project is created and the acl option has been added to
the fstab. I also have created a group called migration.

I changed the group owner to migration, so /export/project is :-

drwxr-xr-x root migration project

If anyone could point me in the right direction that would be great..

Any help much appreciated.

Martin

Please read the FAQs: [hidden email]