A docker container to develop on opensuse

A docker container to develop on opensuse

Aleix Pol
Hey,
I've been trying to create a docker image to develop KDE stuff on
opensuse. It's basically opensuse:42.2 with "zypper -n in -t pattern
devel_kde" on top. I'm not sure what's happening but it doesn't seem
to be working (i.e. no cmake). Can any of you give me a little help?
^^'

https://cgit.kde.org/scratch/apol/opensuse-devel-docker.git/

Thanks a lot!
Aleix

Re: A docker container to develop on opensuse

Luca Beltrame
In data martedì 16 maggio 2017 14:26:41 CEST, Aleix Pol ha scritto:

Hello Aleix,

> opensuse. It's basically opensuse:42.2 with "zypper -n in -t pattern
> devel_kde" on top. I'm not sure what's happening but it doesn't seem
> to be working (i.e. no cmake). Can any of you give me a little help?

"devel_kde" is not the pattern you want. I'm not sure of the exact name in
42.2, but you should be able to get all the stuff with

zypper in patterns-kde-devel_qt5

(this doesn't get any KDE software bits like KF5)

If you also want the KF5 devel packages, you add

zypper in patterns-kde-devel_kde_frameworks

Question: do you want stable packages, the latest released (not always in the
distro) or from git snapshots?

--
Luca Beltrame - KDE Forums team
KDE Science supporter

Re: A docker container to develop on opensuse

Fabian Vogt-2
Hi,

Am Mittwoch, 17. Mai 2017, 14:13:24 CEST schrieb Luca Beltrame:

> In data martedì 16 maggio 2017 14:26:41 CEST, Aleix Pol ha scritto:
>
> Hello Aleix,
>
> > opensuse. It's basically opensuse:42.2 with "zypper -n in -t pattern
> > devel_kde" on top. I'm not sure what's happening but it doesn't seem
> > to be working (i.e. no cmake). Can any of you give me a little help?
>
> "devel_kde" is not the pattern you want. I'm not sure of the exact name in
> 42.2, but you should be able to get all the stuff with
>
> zypper in patterns-kde-devel_qt5
>
> (this doesn't get any KDE software bits like KF5)
>
> If you also want the KF5 devel packages, you add
>
> zypper in patterns-kde-devel_kde_frameworks

you also need to add "--recommends" to the zypper call as those
patterns mostly use recommends, but those are ignored in docker
containers by default (set in /etc/zypp.conf).

You can use https://cgit.kde.org/sysadmin/ci-tooling.git/tree/system-images/suse/Dockerfile
as a template.

Cheers,
Fabian