42.3/Plasma yast2-online-update installed but missing from YaST2 Control Center

42.3/Plasma yast2-online-update installed but missing from YaST2 Control Center

Felix Miata-3
Plasma5 is default DE on desktop PC. Others installed are Mate and IceWM.

yast2-online-update 3.1.11-8.3 is installed. plasma5-pk-updates is not.

YCC has only 3 items in software: media check, repos & management.

Is YOU somehow disabled or hidden until after 42.3 gets officially released?

Is plasma5-pk-updates going to be the preferred automatic updater for Plasma
users in 42.3? If not, what is or will be?

Is release still expected last week of this month as stated on
https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Roadmap ?

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/

Re: 42.3/Plasma yast2-online-update installed but missing from YaST2 Control Center

Frank Krüger

Am 17.07.2017 um 20:13 schrieb Felix Miata:

> Plasma5 is default DE on desktop PC. Others installed are Mate and IceWM.
>
> yast2-online-update 3.1.11-8.3 is installed. plasma5-pk-updates is not.
>
> YCC has only 3 items in software: media check, repos & management.
>
> Is YOU somehow disabled or hidden until after 42.3 gets officially released?
>
> Is plasma5-pk-updates going to be the preferred automatic updater for Plasma
> users in 42.3? If not, what is or will be?
>
> Is release still expected last week of this month as stated on
> https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Roadmap ?

8 days left according to https://en.opensuse.org/Portal:42.3

Regards, Frank

Re: 42.3/Plasma yast2-online-update installed but missing from YaST2 Control Center

Neil Rickert
On 07/17/2017 01:13 PM, Felix Miata wrote:
> Plasma5 is default DE on desktop PC. Others installed are Mate and IceWM.

Here, Plasma5 is default, with MATE, XFCE, Gnome, LXQT, IceWM as others.

> yast2-online-update 3.1.11-8.3 is installed. plasma5-pk-updates is not.

I have plasma5-pk-updates installed, but disabled in tray settings.

> YCC has only 3 items in software: media check, repos & management.

I am seeing 7 items:
 Add System Extensions or Modules
 Add-On products
 Media Check
 Online Update
 Product Registration
 Software Management
 Software Repositories

I'm not sure what the first and fifth of those are supposed to do.  They
both give the same screen.  I'm guessing that they are mistakes.

> Is release still expected last week of this month as stated on
> https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Roadmap ?

I think so, based on:

https://news.opensuse.org/2017/07/17/plan-a-community-release-party-for-opensuse-leap-42-3/

Re: scheduled 42.3 release date (was: 42.3/Plasma yast2-online-update installed but...)

Felix Miata-3
Frank Krüger composed on 2017-07-17 21:57 (UTC+0200):

> Felix Miata composed:

>> Is release still expected last week of this month as stated on
>> https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Roadmap ?

> 8 days left according to https://en.opensuse.org/Portal:42.3

en_US pages must be different from others. Nowhere on that page are strings
"July" or "week" or any weekday name or anything that looks like when release is
scheduled. The only "2017" on the page is in the copyright notice.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/

Am 17.07.2017 um 22:30 schrieb Felix Miata:

> Frank Krüger composed on 2017-07-17 21:57 (UTC+0200):
>
>> Felix Miata composed:
>
>>> Is release still expected last week of this month as stated on
>>> https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Roadmap ?
>
>> 8 days left according to https://en.opensuse.org/Portal:42.3
>
> en_US pages must be different from others. Nowhere on that page are strings
> "July" or "week" or any weekday name or anything that looks like when release is
> scheduled. The only "2017" on the page is in the copyright notice.

According to
https://progress.opensuse.org/projects/leap_423/issues/gantt its week
33, beginning 13 Aug  :-)

On 07/17/2017 03:30 PM, Felix Miata wrote:
> Frank Krüger composed on 2017-07-17 21:57 (UTC+0200):

>> 8 days left according to https://en.opensuse.org/Portal:42.3

> en_US pages must be different from others. Nowhere on that page are strings
> "July" or "week" or any weekday name or anything that looks like when release is
> scheduled. The only "2017" on the page is in the copyright notice.

It's the same here with respect to strings.  However, toward the top
right of that page, there is a graphic which says 8 days to go (with a
very large "8").  There's probably a countdown timer somewhere that is
keeping track.

Re: scheduled 42.3 release date

Felix Miata-3
Neil Rickert composed on 2017-07-17 18:46 (UTC-0500):

> Felix Miata wrote:

>> Frank Krüger composed on 2017-07-17 21:57 (UTC+0200):

>>> 8 days left according to https://en.opensuse.org/Portal:42.3

>> en_US pages must be different from others. Nowhere on that page are strings
>> "July" or "week" or any weekday name or anything that looks like when release is
>> scheduled. The only "2017" on the page is in the copyright notice.

> It's the same here with respect to strings.  However, toward the top
> right of that page, there is a graphic which says 8 days to go (with a
> very large "8").  There's probably a countdown timer somewhere that is
> keeping track.

The text in that image is just tiny scribble.

http://fm.no-ip.com/SS/Suse/portal8days423.jpg

All I might have noticed before was the 8. :-(

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/

Re: scheduled 42.3 release date

Dave Plater lst

On 18/07/2017 02:11, Felix Miata wrote:
> The text in that image is just tiny scribble.
>
> http://fm.no-ip.com/SS/Suse/portal8days423.jpg
>
> All I might have noticed before was the 8.:-(
I think the most accurate release statement is in the thread titled
"[opensuse-factory] Leap 42.3 development finished". Ludwig states
"So openSUSE Leap 42.3 is done! The final images will not be visible
on download.o.o before the official release on Wednesday 26th to let
the mirrors warm up."

Regards
Dave P