This is a gentle reminder that you have only 10 days left to notify
the community of your intention to run for the openSUSE Board. If you
would like to run but aren't sure what's involved, please reach out to
any of the existing Board members and they'll be happy to help with
A reminder of the key details:
1/ 2015-12-07 (Phase 0)
* Announcement of the openSUSE Board election for 2016.
* Start of 3 week period to apply for an openSUSE membership (in
order to vote or candidate).
* Start of 3 week phase to stand for a position in the openSUSE
* Notification of intent to run, and application for an openSUSE
membership close (end of phase 0).
3/ 2015-12-28 (Phase 1)
* Start of 4 week campaign for the candidates before the ballots
open (campaign might be done until ballots close).
5/ 2016-01-30 
* Ballots close (end of phase 2)
* Announcement of the results
If you want to participate in the openSUSE board and influence the
future direction of the project please stand up and announce your
candidacy. If you know someone who you would like to see on the board,
feel free to contact the election officials team ad propose your
Only openSUSE members have the right to run for a board seat, except
if they are in the Election Committee. To stand for a position in the
openSUSE board please send a mail to
* [hidden email] AND
* [hidden email]
In the application candidates should write a short introduction of
themselves and probably a short manifesto/platform/program that gives
answers to these topics:
ALL openSUSE members are eligible to vote. If you are a contributor
of openSUSE but you are not a member yet, apply for membership now
and be a part of the changes to come.
openSUSE 2016 Election Committee